1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 03:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    after a re-read of your post I still don't know if you are countering my post, or just adding to it. Sorry for any confusion/misderstanding in advance
    I would admit that my post probably has strengths and weaknesses on the comprehensibility front! But I think your reply follows on from it just fine, so all is good. 😛
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 05:44
    If I, or anyone else for that matter told you that I/we are without sin would you believe us?
    Try it and see.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 05:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The guy probably has a lot of personal problems .. we have to be tolerant and forgiving 🙂
    No more than anyone else and probably less than you think.

Obviously you think you're better than God since it appears you think you're more forgiving than Him.

You make the claim and quote scripture to prove that one must stop sinning in order to enter the kingdom of God, yet you fail to answer the question as to whether or not you have achieved such perfection. A simple yes or no answer would do well in dispelling the obvious hypocrisy inherent in your assertion.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:05
    That s good verse. Here is another, which shows that this idea some Christians have that they are automatically righteous and will automatically do good works and the Spirit of God is in them and they cannot sin etc is completely unbiblical:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth n ...[text shortened]... he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

(1 John 2:3-6 KJV)
    [/b]
    If you can quote the scripture to prove your point, then why are you so reticent about making the application of it to yourself by revealing the truth about whether or not you have arrived in that state of sinless perfection?

You're either too afraid and ashamed, or you're one of the biggest hypocrites posting in this forum.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you can quote the scripture to prove your point, then why are you so reticent about making the application of it to yourself by revealing the truth about whether or not you have arrived in that state of sinless perfection?

You're either too afraid and ashamed, or you're one of the biggest hypocrites posting in this forum.
    Aren't you Christians supposed to leave the judging to Christ? Rajk999's disagreement with you, as I see it, is about Christian teaching and doctrine regarding "sin" and "commandments" that pertain to it, as laid out in scripture, and not about any personalized claims or boasts he's making about his own "sin" compared to anyone else's "sin".
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:532 edits
    IMO it's a testament to the fact that one size does not fit all... never has , never will
    I have no idea how you derived that from the text because its not readily apparent. The point is and its worth emphasising again and again, if our faith is of no practical value then why have we adopted it?

A mesistic approach to faith is simply to my mind another form of self indulgence. Its all about self, self knowledge, self fulfilment, Jesus in me, I'm saved, my salvation etc etc like the hippies who went to India and got stoked on weed and thought they were being religious because they uttered Hari Krishna Hari Rama all day those whose focus is on self are simply being indulgent. This is anti Christian because Christianity is and was never about self, it was all about self sacrifice as the verses cited clearly demonstrate.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 11:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Many of the Christians here propagate an ideology that comprises nothing much more than[b] thinking about stuff - what they think about themselves, what they think about Jesus, what they think about God, what they think Jesus and God think about them, what they think about "salvation" and how they think that "salvation" is guaranteed as long as they think ce ...[text shortened]... h dark and depraved medieval mutterings about revenge and torture for thinking the wrong things.[/b]
    You are correct here and this is the problem with Christianity. The teachings do not encourage Christians to do good works and to live like Jesus did or follow His example. They are instead told that doing good works is trying to earn ones salvation which is a sin, that they are insulting Christ by not accepting the Grace of God and such nonsensical doctrines. The worse of these is the doctrine that God has good works for them to do and they have the Spirit of God in them therefore they are already righteous.

Interesting that threads like these make some posters so angry.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 12:07
    You are correct here and this is the problem with Christianity. The teachings do not encourage Christians to do good works and to live like Jesus did or follow His example. They are instead told that doing good works is trying to earn ones salvation which is a sin, that they are insulting Christ by not accepting the Grace of God and such nonsensical doctrine ...[text shortened]... e they are already righteous.

Interesting that threads like these make some posters so angry.
    The problem is that good works can be done while the heart is far removed from God. That's why Jesus deals with the heart first then the good works come naturally.

That's why Jesus said this to the Pharisees.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.
    Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 12:11
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    The problem is that good works can be done while the heart is far removed from God. That's why Jesus deals with the heart first then the good works come naturally.

That's why Jesus said this to the Pharisees.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are fu ...[text shortened]... u also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."
    The problem is not good works. The problem is man.

Hence the reason why I have said thousands of times that Jesus will judge people.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 12:13

Hence the reason why I have said thousands of times that Jesus will judge people.
    Actually the problem is good works that are done by a unregenerate heart.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 22:24

And what does the scripture say about those that do not believe in Jesus?
    If those that do not believe are condemned already according scripture, than doesn't that
    settle it? It isn't until something changes that they can go from condemn to not being
    condemn, unless you discount the gospel of John and put it below your own thoughts.

John 3: 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
    16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 23:25
    In another thread, I said : :"Jesus is the model of righteousness and His teachings leads one to living righteously. But he now goes back to God. The Holy Spirit will now serve as the model that Christians can emulate "

Sonship says : "Where are we told to "emulate" Jesus ?"

Do Christians share this view of sonship, that we are not required to emulate [meaning to imitate or try to be like] Jesus.Christ.
    In Matthew 11:19, it states that Jesus is a glutton and a drunkard. What is the context of this verse, and your opinion of it?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 23:38
    Originally posted by chaney3
    In Matthew 11:19, it states that Jesus is a glutton and a drunkard. What is the context of this verse, and your opinion of it?
    No it doesn't state that Jesus is a glutton and a drunkard. It says "They say" that that is what he is. Who do you think "they" are?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 23:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    No it doesn't state that Jesus is a glutton and a drunkard. It says "They say" that that is what he is. Who do you think "they" are?
    I'm not sure who "they" are, but was curious if "they" had justifiable reasons to make such a statement.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 23:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    If your interpretation was correct and slam-dunk as you make it out to be, then the Apostles would have no need to warn and admonish Christian saints, who have been baptised into Christ and have put on Christ and who have the Spirit of God and Holy Spirit and every imaginable thing that can help them to live rightesouly, to avoid sin, to live righteo ...[text shortened]... ruggling according to His operation which operates in me in power." (Col. 1:28,29)
    [/b]
    So according to you Christians received:
    - the divine seed of life.
    - "the gift of righteousness" .
    - the Spirit indwelling his spirit, like all the believers.

Where do the following of the commandments of Christ come in, because from all of your teachings I have never seen this given the slightest priority. Even here it seems like it is placed on the sidelines and is given lip service.

With all that receiving of Grace, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles is crystal clear that the Christian that fails to follow the teachings of Christ will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree