1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 23:28
    Are there any in the this forum other than myself?

Do you congrgate elsewhere and how is it going?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 00:38
    Originally posted by divegeester

What exactly is that? Cannot seem to find a standard definition on google.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 02:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Seems pretty clear to me.

It's someone who believes in the basic truth of christ without 'the church' and all it's frills.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 02:50
    Its a self certified Christian with no public ministry.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 03:011 edit

I meet on the local ground.

Not denominational
    Not non-denominational
    Not enter-denominational
    But on the local ground of one church for one city.

www.localchurches.org
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 03:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its a self certified Christian with no public ministry.
    What is self-certified? Is there such a thing as a externally-certified Christian or officially-certified Christian.

I always thought a Christian was a follower of Christ.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 03:051 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

It's someone who believes in the basic truth of christ without 'the church' and all it's frills.
    Actually you are wrong. Google it and see if there is such a definition.

Non-denominational Christians are actually churches or organized groups, its just that the groups are small or not wellknown.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 03:47
    Actually you are wrong. Google it and see if there is such a definition.

Non-denominational Christians are actually churches or organized groups, its just that the groups are small or not wellknown.
    Well my definition could be off .
    I'll wait til divegeester responds to make any further claims.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 06:00

I joined a denomination that accepts only those having no denomination, only to be kicked out because by joining, I lost my non-denominational status. This of course made me non-denominational again, so I could join again, but then I got kicked out again, for joining. So be careful! 😛
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 09:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Correct.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 09:142 edits
    What is self-certified? Is there such a thing as a externally-certified Christian or officially-certified Christian.
    Remember who you are talking to.

Members of cults (whether extreme or otherwise) will always classify their beliefs as the only authentic way to God and criticaly, as the ONLY WAY to access god is through "joining" their organisation.

This is why I repeatedly ask JWs about the requirements for accessing [their] heaven or life after death etc, and why they always try to avoid answering.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 09:233 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    I joined a denomination that accepts only those having no denomination, only to be kicked out because by joining, I lost my non-denominational status. This of course made me non-denominational again, so I could join again, but then I got kicked out again, for joining. So be careful! 😛
    I believe that the denomination system with all its arms, cults, creeds, financial entanglements and social manipulation is the mystery described in Revelation as the whore [and her daughters] of Babylon who sits on many waters, who has decked herself with purple robes and precious stones.

And you are correct in identifying the paradox trying to actualise this brings [i.e. live outside the system]; and is precisely the purpose of my OP; to see if others recognise the whore and how they congregate in the spirit of Jesus.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 11:541 edit

I always thought a Christian was a follower of Christ.
    self certified refers to the opinions they hold of themselves and others, pithy saying
    gleaned from a room full of mirrors where everything relates to themselves, personal
    salvation is paramount above all, personal opinion supplants biblical truth and in
    essence megalomania ensues. Christianity was never about self, it was always
    concerned with other people, a dynamic force for changing lives, embroiled in humanity
    and look, they have missed the whole point.

a Christian is one who observes and practices the teachings of Jesus, not a hearer only.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 12:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    self certified refers to the opinions they hold of themselves and others, pithy saying
    gleaned from a room full of mirrors where everything relates to themselves, personal
    salvation is paramount above all, personal opinion supplants biblical truth and in
    essence megalomania ensues. Christianity was never about self, it was always
    concerned w ...[text shortened]... int.

a Christian is one who observes and practices the teachings of Jesus, not a hearer only.
    JW's are not Christians.

JW's follow a 'different Jesus' they believe that Jesus is and angel called amonst other things "Abandon the destroyer" and "archangel Micheal". What JW's believe is "another gospel" a gospel of entrapment, vain self glory and righteousness through self effort.

Jesus Christ is the invisible God made visible, wrapped in a veil of flesh and given in FULL attonement for the sins of ALL. He is the child that was prophesised by Isaiah:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 9:6.

What the JW organisation preaches is a "powerful deception" (2Thes 2:11) designed to capture those weak in faith who cannot on the words and freedom provided by Jesus Christ.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 12:30
    Remember who you are talking to.

Members of cults (whether extreme or otherwise) will always classify their beliefs as the only authentic way to God and criticaly, as the ONLY WAY to access god is through "joining" their organisation.

This is why I repeatedly ask JWs about the requirements for accessing [their] heaven or life after death etc, and why they always try to avoid answering.
    The Bible clearly explains what the requirements are..............

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree