1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:321 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I quoted the scriptures at the beginning of the OP, look at those.
    They are metaphors.

Eg. Mathew 18:8
    “And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.”
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:34
    Not acting today, means you are locked into your sins, and if you end up before God like that you will pay dearly.
    Do you think that making threats about how I "will pay dearly", and claiming that you - on the other hand - won't "pay dearly", is supposed to make me adopt your religion?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:35
    I quoted the scriptures at the beginning of the OP, look at those.
    They don't answer the specific questions I have asked you.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you ended up being condemned to be tortured for eternity because of your "evil deeds" and your "wicked ways" and because of the life that you live and because of God's "wrath" and because He "cannot put up with" your "evil", if you were being tortured for eternity for all this, would you accept your punishment and still love Jesus regardless?
    I accept that we are all sinners before a Holy God and each of us will give an account for
    all of our deeds. When Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, he felt bad afterwards and went
    back to them that gave him the money. He acknowledged his sin declaring he had
    betrayed innocent blood, the response was, "What is that to us, you see to it."

We will all see to it for our own sins, we will given an account for each thing we have ever
    done or through God's mercy in Jesus Christ receive God's grace, not because we
    earned it, but because God loves us. I believe we all deserve God's wrath, He didn't want
    that to happen so He is calling out to us to turn to Him. I accept His grace for Jesus sake
    it matters to me, Jesus went through all of that for me, you, and everyone else. What do
    we do with that, just go on our merry ways living a sinful life knowing what He did to
    save us? He was and is the Holy Word of God, and He became sin for us, every evil and
    wicked thing every done and said was poured out on Him so we could be forgiven in
    Christ Jesus. He sits now at the right hand of God pleading our case, and it was God the
    Father who sent Him here to do just that. God's Spirit was sent to us to come into our
    lives to make us be born again, and teach us and guide us, helping us turn from sin.

Those that miss that die in their sins will instead of His grace, we receive what sin calls
    for to the nth degree. If Jesus hadn't done what He did, all of us would share that fate
    so yes, I love Jesus Christ and it is my hope that serve Him with all of my heart, all the
    days of my life.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:46
    They don't answer the specific questions I have asked you.
    If you read them they would.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:47
    Do you think that making threats about how I "will pay dearly", and claiming that you - on the other hand - won't "pay dearly", is supposed to make me adopt your religion?
    Not my religion or call, what you do isn't between you and me, but between you and God.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:48
    I accept that we are all sinners before a Holy God and each of us will give an account for
    all of our deeds. When Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, he felt bad afterwards and went

We will all see ...[text shortened]... ve Jesus Christ and it is my hope that serve Him with all of my heart, all the
    days of my life.
    The question remains unanswered. If you were being tortured for eternity for all your "evil deeds" and your "wicked ways", would you accept your punishment and still love Jesus regardless?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:49
    If you read them they would.
    Don't run away from my questions.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:501 edit
    Not my religion or call, what you do isn't between you and me, but between you and God.
    Your religion is Christianity, is it not? And it's you reciting your ideology, is it not?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:572 edits

We will all see ...[text shortened]... ve Jesus Christ and it is my hope that serve Him with all of my heart, all the
    days of my life.
    From your OP which using scripture to support your claim that hell is a literal place...

Mathew 18:8
    “And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.”

Do know of any Christian who has LITERALLY cut off their hand or their foot, or any other body part for that matter, in order to stop sinning and escape being tortured in LITERAL hell for eternity?

Anyone, ever, across time...?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:59
    No you haven’t, and why not...because it’s all metaphor, symbolism and parable.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 08:59
    Your religion is Christianity, is it not? And it's you reciting your ideology, is it not?
    I'm telling you what is before you, you can take it or leave it. Your choices all lead you to
    where you are going. I didn't setup the universe, I'm not the one you answer too, you can
    ignore me if you want, belittle me again, or whatever you want. It is always between you
    and God not you and me.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 09:021 edit
    I'm telling you what is before you, you can take it or leave it. Your choices all lead you to
    where you are going. I didn't setup the universe, I'm not the one you answer too, you can
    ignore me if you want, belittle me again, or whatever you want. It is always between you
    and God not you and me.
    Telling people “what’s before them” and that they can “take it of leave it” and that you “didn’t create the universe” and you “are not the one they answer to” is just rhetorical meaningless waffle.

Try actually answering questions, try actually engaging with what people are saying to you instread of repeatedly posting bland commentary like you have here.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 09:24
    I'm telling you what is before you, you can take it or leave it.
    Yes. You have told me about a warning/threat of terror that is hanging over me ~ a non-believer ~ but not hanging over you ~ because you are a believer.

Now, my question is about what is the purpose of this warning/threat when aimed at people that sincerely and honestly feel they have no reason to believe it is real?

And if it is carried out on non-believers after they die, why is there no way for living non-believers to know this, so that the warning/threat of terror has some deterrent/coercive effect?

Your ideology sounds badly thought out ~ mundane and rather artless, not "divine" at all ~ and a bit ridiculous to say the least. You don't seem to understand what a lack of belief in this kind of stuff actually is.

Do you really think I now believe I am going to be subjected to some kind of demented angry revenge for eternity because someone like you has told them so?

In light of this, what is the purpose of the threat with regard to non-believers? What would be the purpose of carrying it out if it hadn't had the desired effect and if carrying it out wouldn't have any effect on the non-believers still alive?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 09:38
    John 3:36
    Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 2:5
    But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

Revelation 14:10
    he also will drink the win ...[text shortened]... : fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
    Whats this OP about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree