Not blowing smoke

Not blowing smoke

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes. You have told me about a warning/threat of terror that is hanging over me ~ a non-believer ~ but not hanging over you ~ because you are a believer.

Now, my question is about what is the purpose of this warning/threat when aimed at people that sincerely and honestly feel they have no reason to believe it is real?

And if it is carried out on non-beli ...[text shortened]... desired effect and if carrying it out wouldn't have any effect on the non-believers still alive?
You are not following along well, I said this was over all of us, just because you believe
in God, or even believe in Jesus Christ so that you are calling Him Lord, Lord doesn't
mean anything. It is always between you and God, God made away to be restored to
Him, you can or not, you can pretend to be saved because that is all everyone around is
is either doing or that is what you think they doing. Getting right with God is either going
to be real or not, if not the outside may look sort of good enough but the inside is as
wicked as ever. Change is either through God or its just a form of godliness that is not
going to help come the day all the secrets of man are revealed.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The full gospel is that God is love, and He has a wrath due to our evil deeds and
currently the wrath of God is upon the entire human race outside of Christ's grace. Yes
He is Love, but as Love He cannot put up with our evil and wicked ways, and we are
already condemn because of the lives we live, not going to be condemn, but condemned
already. You don ...[text shortened]... still turned away, and I
hope not for your sake, you will not avoid this even if you wanted to.
God is love but ...

Better look out and conform?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jul 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Whats this OP about?
Hell

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jul 18

God is love but ...

Better look out and conform?
I think the word you are looking for is repent.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 18

Hell
Oh?

I don't think they want me back there-I talk too much ._._.

I fear nothing but the Lord. 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 18

No.
Its apparent you just want others to conform to your views. FMF was kind to call it a 'religion' earlier

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jul 18

No.
Its apparent you just want others to conform to your views. FMF was kind to call it a 'religion' earlier
Make this about me, it doesn't change the topic or the truth of it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 18

No.
About your views .

Don't stress

Moves
20 Jul 18

I think the word you are looking for is "metaphor"

Moves
20 Jul 18
2 edits

There is no "truth" about it.

You posted a bunch of scriptures and are now stubbornly hovering over them with your own literal grisly interpretation, even when I have categorically proved to you that they are metaphorical.

F

Moves
20 Jul 18

You are not following along well, I said this was over all of us, just because you believe
in God, or even believe in Jesus Christ so that you are calling Him Lord, Lord doesn't
mean anything. It is always between you and God, God made away to be restored to
Him, you can or not, you can pretend to be saved because that is all everyone around is
is eith ...[text shortened]... a form of godliness that is not
going to help come the day all the secrets of man are revealed.
An answer to my questions would be more interesting than all this regurgitated dogma. You're in a conversation. The questions are specific. You sound like you're blithering away to another Christian who isn't going to subject what you are saying to any scrutiny.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jul 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Before we discuss this I have one question KellyJay.

Is all of this that you have posted literal? Yes, or No.
Its to be taken at face value.
Its overall impact is what should be paid attention to.

I know the trap you are setting up for him to walk into.
If he says "Yes literally" you will say "But I can't pluck out my eye or amputate my hand or foot to escape hell."

Right?

Instead of concocting a tricky question, you should soberly contemplate the overall tenor of the warnings. It is not worth it in any sense, to have your whole being cast into a place of eternal separation from God.

It is not just benign. It is uncomfortable.
It is extremely difficult to use any amount of symbolism to take the dread out of the warning. And that is what the Universalists and Annhilationists attempt to do.

"Punishment ... punishment from then ON ... " is the usually the impact of the words.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jul 18
2 edits

I have taught that a couple of the warnings apply to those who are saved. They might be "hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11)

I have taught that some eternally saved Christians may not only lose a reward but also be temporarily hurt of the lake of fire. And if it is a hurt to the believer how could it not be a "hurt" to the one who goes there eternally?

Without fidgeting and excuses I think we have to admit that Jesus meant these words as warning to the redeemed man who refuses to let grace do its sanctifying work upon his old manner of life. He assumes that he can live the same in contempt of Christ's grace.

Matthew 18:8

And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.

The fire is eternal. The severely disciplined Christian will only experience it temporarily.

This terrible temporary punishment to a Christian should be considered under Paul's warning principle that a redeemed believer may "suffer loss" yet be still saved yet so as through fire.

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer losss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:15)

Do not misunderstand me. I am not saying this passage exactly and always is in terms of Matthew 18:8. I am saying that the scope of the passage is WIDE ENOUGH to also INCLUDE something like Matthew 18:8.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I have taught that a couple of the warnings apply to those who are saved. They might be [b]"hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11)

I have taught that some eternally saved Christians may not only lose a reward but also be temporarily hurt of the lake of fire. And if it is a hurt to the believer how could it not be a "hurt" to the ...[text shortened]... scope of the passage is WIDE ENOUGH to also INCLUDE something like Matthew 18:8.[/b]
Have you no shame to continually misquote the bible. The dire warning to Christians who continue with sin is destruction:

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 18

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 2:5
But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

Revelation 14:10
he also will drink the win ...[text shortened]... : fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
Blindly quoting portions of the bible that suit your doctrine?