1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:24
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seriously Jaywill, have you considered that what you consider to be the work of Satan is the encouragement of people to actually follow the teachings and commandments of Jesus?
    =========================================
    Seriously Jaywill, have you considered that what you consider to be the work of Satan is the encouragement of people to actually follow the teachings and commandments of Jesus?
    =========================================

Is your Jesus raised from the dead ?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:26
    I asked, Is your Jesus raised from the dead ?

I get the impression that you are sitting right there ready to reply.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 03:30
    You say, "He is Lord, whether or not I do anything about it", but if you followed Jesus you'd know He asked, "Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?"

Clearly the expectation of Jesus is that His followers do more than just profess with their mouths. They must follow His teachings and commandments.

Jesus also said, "Not every ...[text shortened]... rd, but Jesus is not your Lord. You follow them instead of the teachings of Jesus.[/b]
    You didn't answer the questions I put to you, namely, has your eye offended? Has your hand trespassed against the kingdom of heaven?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 05:03
    Come ThinkofOne, remember your favorite verse "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

So if you think the truth is that Jesus is not raised from the dead then speak so.
    Should it take you so long to teach your truth that makes free?

Or are you afraid of being identified as not believing in the resurrection of Christ ?

I don't understand why you would want to conceal the truth that makes free? If you think Jesus is not raised from the dead then why do you confess that He did not ?

Are you concealing your beliefs ? Are you hiding what you really think is the truth ?

I confess that I absolutely believe that Jesus died and was raised again on the third day, is available to be known and to set free today.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 11:252 edits
    "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Mark 12:30-31
    that is the greatest commandment, however if I am willing to accept that love of God and love of neighbour is the will of the father, then how does one practically demonstrate this love of God and love of neighbour? for Christ clearly states, the one DOING the will of the father is the one that will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 12:25
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Come ThinkofOne, remember your favorite verse [b]"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

So if you think the truth is that Jesus is not raised from the dead then speak so.

Or are you afraid of being identified as not believing in the resurrection of Christ ? ...[text shortened]... s died and was raised again on the third day, is available to be known and to set free today.[/b]
    ThinkoOne,

This paragraph that I wrote above contained a typo. I meant to write

"I don't understand why you would want to conceal the truth that makes free? If you think Jesus is not raised from the dead then why [don't] you confess that He did not ? "
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:11
    I can only conclude that ToO is purposely avoiding the questions put to him, since he has been onsite as early as 13 minutes ago.

Curious.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 01:162 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You didn't answer the questions I put to you, namely, has your eye offended? Has your hand trespassed against the kingdom of heaven?
    Well, I responded to what seemed to be the germane points of your post, which is more than can be said about you - you've completely ignored the points of my post. The questions seemed rhetorical in nature and as such didn't seem to require a response. That said, can you not see that the verses in question only serve to underscore my point?

Mark 9:43-47
    "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire ... If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell...If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell.

Jesus is explaining the importance of becoming righteous. That it is required for "life" / "the kingdom of God". That it is more important than your hand, foot or eye, so you better take it seriously. Note that Jesus does NOT say, "If your eye causes you to stumble, you can enter the kingdom of God anyway if you profess belief"
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 01:33
    Come ThinkofOne, remember your favorite verse [b]"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Or are you afraid of being identified as not believing in the resurrection of Christ ? ...[text shortened]... s died and was raised again on the third day, is available to be known and to set free today.[/b]
    C'mon Jaywill, surely you must realize that you answered my question with a completely unrelated and irrelevant question.

It is not "[my] truth that makes free", but the truth that will be known by those who continue in His word. The truth that will make them free from committing sin.

Perhaps it'll help if you read this again:

"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free...Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever;"

Perhaps it'll help if you read it slowly and read each phrase for meaning. Perhaps it'll help if you pause after each phrase and reflect on its meaning before moving onto the next one.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 01:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that is the greatest commandment, however if I am willing to accept that love of God and love of neighbour is the will of the father, then how does one practically demonstrate this love of God and love of neighbour? for Christ clearly states, the one DOING the will of the father is the one that will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
    For the life of me, I can't figure out where you're going with this. On one hand it seems like you're agreeing with me, but on the other hand the wording seems like you're trying to debate.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 01:51
    For the life of me, I can't figure out where you're going with this. On one hand it seems like you're agreeing with me, but on the other hand the wording seems like you're trying to debate.
    disarming isn't it 🙂 i just want an honest answer, that is all, its a fairly simple question, how does one demonstrate that one is DOING the will of the father as directed by Christ. 🙂
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 02:014 edits
    C'mon Jaywill, surely you must realize that you answered my question with a completely unrelated and irrelevant question.

It is not "[my] truth that makes free", but the truth that will be known by those who continue in His word. The truth that will make them free from committing sin.

"[b]If you conti you pause after each phrase and reflect on its meaning before moving onto the next one.
    ==================================
    =====================================
    [/b]

I was wondering how you were going to evade the question of one of the most central truths of the New Testament.

You cannot expect me to take you seriously as an interpreter of the New Testament if you haven't the courage to state where you stand in relation to Christ's resurrection.

I'm sorry. If you can't make a stand on this cardinal aspect of the life of Jesus, PLEASE, PLEASE don't expect me to consider seriously that you have something to contribute to a discussion about Jesus Christ in any regard.

====================================

"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free...Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever;"

You claim to have a good teaching about Jesus Christ but no word on the resurrection? That is unexcusable.

If you do not have the guts to tell us where you stand concerning the resurrection of Jesus, I can't consider it a profitable use of time to dialogue with you about Jesus Christ.

Either you believe He was raised or you believe that He did not. Don't waste your breath trying to argue that it is not relevant.

I can't respect someone, purporting to interpret the New Testament who won't come out and confess where he stands concerning one of its most central teachings.

"And if Christ is has not been raised, your faith is futile, you are still in your sins ... If it is only that we have hoped in Christ in this life, we are of all men most miserable." (See Cor. 15:16,17)

=================================
    Perhaps it'll help if you read it slowly and read each phrase for meaning. Perhaps it'll help if you pause after each phrase and reflect on its meaning before moving onto the next one.

Read my keyboard - "IT DOES NOT HELP IN THE LEAST"

Are you trying to conceal something?

I don't wish to be rude. I wish to be respectful and consider you have some thoughts worthy of discussion. But to say Christ's resurrection is irrelevant to the discussion is an insult to my intelligence.

To His disciples Jesus says of His resurrection:

"Because I live, you also shall live." (John 14:19)

Don't try to insinuate that it is not relevant if He lives or not.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 02:10
    [b]==================================
    =====================================
    [/b]

I was wondering how you were going to evade the question of one of the most central truths of the New Testament.

You cannot exp ...[text shortened]...

Don't try to insinuate that it is not relevant if He lives or not.[/b]
    Cmon think of one, (shines a strong light in his face) ve have vays of making you talk!
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 02:12
    Jesus said that He wished we would be either hot or cold. He does not like us to be lukewarm.

If ThinkofOne rejects Christ's resurrection he should come out and say so.

If he believes it he should come out and say so.

If he can't yet make up his mind, I'll wait until he does before sitting at his lukewarm feet to supposedly be instructed how to interpret the teachings of Jesus.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 02:25
    Jesus said that He wished we would be either hot or cold. He does not like us to be lukewarm.

If ThinkofOne rejects Christ's resurrection he should come out and say so.

If he believes it he should come out and say so.

If he can't yet make up his mind, I'll wait until he does before sitting at his lukewarm feet to supposedly be instructed how to interpret the teachings of Jesus.
    Jay, Christ never taught this way, at least i do not think so, he appealed to people out of love and led them to the correct understanding through a serious of reasons. think of the good Samaritan, what did Christ say , 'who really made himself the mans neighbour?', he let the man come to the conclusion himself, the man said ' the one acting mercifully did', the man had got the point himself, even though he was trying to test him out and may have been an adversary. Christ provided the illustrations and the application, masterfully so, but it was the way he taught, yes we are not Christ, but we have his example. you dont need to take it from me, why should you, i am the anti Christ according to you, but never the less, you must consider the example of the Christ when you are teaching. i say this not for my sake, for who am i, but for your sake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree