1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 02:12
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Oh my........ Lol. I've answered you on that yesterday. Nothing more I can say....
    No. You haven't. You really have not. If you think you have, copy paste the sentence or sentences that describe your god figure's actions towards you that I am asking you about.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 02:12
    ...you should have somewhat of a grasp of why we believe as we do, for some reason you don't see it and can't understand why we act accordingly.
    I do have a grasp of why you believe what you do.

And I do understand why you act accordingly.

The question is what do you think your god would do to you if you were friends with a homosexual?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 04:11
    Originally posted by @js357
    Further on this:

“In the gospel accounts of the trial of Jesus we learn that the Jewish authorities could not sentence anyone to death:

Pilate said, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.” “But we have no right to execute anyone,” they objected. (John 18:31 NIV)

“It seems that the Romans initially allowed the Jewish authorities to exerci ...[text shortened]... e criminals. So, effectively, death for man on man sex was outlawed with Paul’s tacit agreement.
    What Mosaic Law was Jesus guilty of breaking which would warrant the death penalty?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 04:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I do have a grasp of why you believe what you do.

And I do understand why you act accordingly.

The question is [b]what do you think your god would do to you
    if you were friends with a homosexual?[/b]
    Maybe nothing, but in his word the Bible it says if you don't follow his words, his commands, his principles even just a mere suggestion, first of all would be stupid, don't you think, after all isn't he the creator of all things and wisdom that we will never be able to comprehend? You bet!!!! But just knowing I've disappointment him is enough for me not to hang out with ones who purposely sin.
    Also why would I turn my back on the one who not only could guide me thru this wicked world but promises me that I may just gain his favor and have a chance to live on the paradise earth he promises to all who love and (((((((((((( obey))))))))))) him?
    And even if I didn't agree or even understand his words in his displeasure of homosexuals, which I do, I think it would be better to listen and obey him seeing who he is.
    So if your looking for an "he's going to have a comet land on my head or he's going to make me burn forever in hell", it's not going to happen.
    This is all I'm going to speak on this subject. It's become very exhausting to say the least. I hope you can find the answer your looking for maybe else where as I've got nothing else for you.....
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 05:14
    [b]Maybe nothing [...] So if your looking for an "he's going to have a comet land on my head or he's going to make me burn forever in hell", it's not going to happen./b]
    A "comet land on [your] head"? What's this all about? I have never spoken to you in such terms. Not even once in almost a decade. And, as you well know, I am fully aware that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that their god's going to make anyone "burn forever in hell".

So, anyway, if you were friends with a homosexual, your god would maybe do nothing ~ that is your answer, yes?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 05:16
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What Mosaic Law was Jesus guilty of breaking which would warrant the death penalty?
    Blasphemy?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 11:10
    Blasphemy?
    What did he say that was blasphemy?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 11:30
    What did he say that was blasphemy?
    Jesus asserted His deity unequivocally according to Mark 14:62. This was blasphemy in the eyes of the Jews ~ you were presumably referring to the Jews when you framed your question as being about Mosaic Law, right? As far as I know, the Jews still see Jesus as a blasphemer.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 18:19
    Jesus asserted His deity unequivocally according to Mark 14:62. This was blasphemy in the eyes of the Jews ~ you were presumably referring to the Jews when you framed your question as being about Mosaic Law, right? As far as I know, the Jews still see Jesus as a blasphemer.
    Book and verse that says this is punishable by death.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 18:35
    Book and verse that says this is punishable by death.
    Do you know how to search on the internet?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 19:48
    Do you know how to search on the internet?
    I do not believe it exists.

Jews stoned Stephen for preaching Christ, but that was mob rule not following the Law.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 20:52
    I do not believe it exists.

Jews stoned Stephen for preaching Christ, but that was mob rule not following the Law.
    Wanna bet?

Leviticus 24:16 Anyone who blasphemes the Name of the LORD must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any native-born Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the Name of the LORD must be put to death.

You are clearly no Bible scholar.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 21:38
    Wanna bet?

Leviticus 24:16 Anyone who blasphemes the Name of the LORD must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any native-born Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the Name of the LORD must be put to death.

You are clearly no Bible scholar.
    Jesus did not blasphemy the name of the Lord.

Perhaps why he said may have been blasphemy to some but he did not blasphemy the name of the Lord.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 23:44
    Jesus did not blasphemy the name of the Lord.

Perhaps why he said may have been blasphemy to some but he did not blasphemy the name of the Lord.
    "Perhaps why he said may have been blasphemy to some", yes. I don't think there's any "perhaps" about it. You may well have been a dissenting judge then, but blasphemy was what Jesus was found guilty of in accordance with Mosaic Law. You're a Christian, 2,000 years later, who believes he actually WAS God so obviously you see it differently. The Jews saw him as a blasphemer and a fake.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 00:16
    "Perhaps why he said may have been blasphemy to some", yes. I don't think there's any "perhaps" about it. You may well have been a dissenting judge then, but blasphemy was what Jesus was found guilty of in accordance with Mosaic Law. You're a Christian, 2,000 years later, who believes he actually WAS God so obviously you see it differently. The Jews saw him as a blasphemer and a fake.
    All blasphemy was not grounds for execution, unless you know of some other scripture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree