NT acceptance of homosexuality

NT acceptance of homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
All blasphemy was not grounds for execution, unless you know of some other scripture.
It seems that the Jews thought he was a blasphemer ~ Jesus asserted His deity unequivocally according to Mark 14:62, so Christians don't even dispute it ~ and they believed they had grounds to execute him. Did he mention "God" when he was asserting his deity? It would seem so. I reckon the legal notion that those "who blaspheme the Name of the LORD must be put to death" has got it covered.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
It seems that the Jews thought he was a blasphemer ~ Jesus asserted His deity unequivocally according to Mark 14:62, so Christians don't even dispute it ~ and they believed they had grounds to execute him. Did he mention "God" when he was asserting his deity? It would seem so. I reckon the legal notion that those "who blaspheme the Name of the LORD must be put to death" has got it covered.
According to the Bible they did not wish to kill Jesus because he was popular.

The charges brought against him was leading a rebellion. Jesus was found not guilty but Pilot executed Jesus anyhow.

No charges of blasphemy.

F

Moves
06 Jan 18

According to the Bible they did not wish to kill Jesus because he was popular.

The charges brought against him was leading a rebellion. Jesus was found not guilty but Pilot executed Jesus anyhow.

No charges of blasphemy.
Mark 14:60-64

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Mark 14:60-64
Blasphemy against the Lord?

The Law only allows one kind of blasphemy to be executed.

Of course men have their desires too.

But you are blind to the difference.

F

Moves
06 Jan 18

Blasphemy against the Lord?
Yes. So it would seem.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Yes. So it would seem.
Not at all, not that you would see it.

What we have are men wanting their way.

The blasphemy death penalty is still in effect today in the form of the unforgivable sin.

Not that you really need to cate about that at the moment since you evidently are not forgiven for anything.

Moves
06 Jan 18
1 edit

All blasphemy was not grounds for execution, unless you know of some other scripture.
Oh the shoe is now on the other foot, and it’s your turn to dial back on the severity of the due penalty. Why bother? Didn’t you read where the Sanhedrin complained to Pilate that they didn’t have the right under Roman law to execute Jesus without Pilate’s consent? Clearly they believed he had earned the Mosaic law death penalty for blasphemy.

F

Moves
06 Jan 18

Not at all, not that you would see it.
Well, you're not a Jew. And you believe that Jesus was God. So the "not that you would see it" thing pertains to you, I suppose.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Originally posted by @js357
Oh the shoe is now on the other foot, and it’s your turn to dial back on the severity of the due penalty. Why bother? Didn’t you read where the Sanhedrin complained to Pilate that they didn’t have the right under Roman law to execute Jesus without Pilate’s consent? Clearly they believed he had earned the Mosaic law death penalty for blasphemy.
You really are dense.

Tell me exactly what kind of blasphemy is punished by death according to the law.

Then tell me what kinds of sexual relations are punishable by death penalty.

F

Moves
06 Jan 18

Tell me exactly what kind of blasphemy is punished by death according to the law.
Mark 14:60-64 tells the story.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Mark 14:60-64 tells the story.
I can see you are unwilling to learn.

Moves
06 Jan 18
1 edit

Whose laws are we discussing? OT, NT, Christian, Roman? Present day? And who is subject to them? Jews, Roman Citizens, Roman subjects, Christians? Present day?

OT: Anal penetration.
NT: Jews, Christians: Defers to Roman law.
Subject Jews, Christians under Sanhedrin:
OT rule. Requires Roman governor agreement for capital crimes.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

Whose laws are we discussing? OT, NT, Christian, Roman? Present day? And who is subject to them? Jews, Roman Citizens, Roman subjects, Christians? Present day?

OT: Anal penetration.
NT: Jews, Christians: Defers to Roman law.
Subject Jews, Christians under Sanhedrin:
OT rule. Requires Roman governor agreement for capital crimes.
I am sure that is the way you see it.

Moves
06 Jan 18

I am sure that is the way you see it.
For the time being, that’s how I see it. It’s also not something that matters much to me.

E

Moves
06 Jan 18

For the time being, that’s how I see it. It’s also not something that matters much to me.
Who should have carried out the adultress' execution according to Jesus? Romans?