NT acceptance of homosexuality

NT acceptance of homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
Perhaps YOU should read the scriptures I just posted and really try to understand them. if you can't understand, then you have a problem with God, not me.
You still don't seem to understand the question that you are not answering. I'd be interested in a proper answer. Take a look again.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You still don't seem to understand the question that you are not answering. I'd be interested in a proper answer. Take a look again.
I have other things to do then sit here and play tag with you.... Take care.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
I have other things to do then sit here and play tag with you.... Take care.
It isn't "tag" at all. You mentioned "morality". So I asked you a straightforward question about it. But you don't seem to have understood it.

E

Moves
03 Jan 18

I have certainly heard Christians make a theological case - with regard to "sin" - against homosexuality, to which their fellow Christians are urged to subscribe, but I have yet to hear Christians, such as yourself, make a moral case against homosexuality, in and of itself, that has logical traction for non-believers. Are you able to make a purely moral argument that stands apart from your notion of "sin"?
The moral case? Easy, God sets the rules. Put that in your morality pipe and smoke it.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @eladar
The moral case? Easy, God sets the rules. Put that in your morality pipe and smoke it.
This answer also displays a lack of understanding/dodge regarding the question.

E

Moves
03 Jan 18

This answer also displays a lack of understanding/dodge regarding the question.
Your response shows a lack of understanding.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Your response shows a lack of understanding.
If you read the question you're not answering once again you will see that my understanding of the "God sets the rules" Christian view is actually part of the premise.

E

Moves
03 Jan 18
2 edits

If you read the question you're not answering once again you will see that my understanding of the "God sets the rules" Christian view is actually part of the premise.
Oh I did answer. If you provided a moral reason would you be compelled to find a Biblical reason, even if I demanded one?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Oh I did answer. If you provided a moral reason would you be compelled to find a Biblical reason, even if I demanded one?
No, you have dodged the question. Murder, for example, is morally unsound even without of the "God sets the rules" stance. It's morally unsound to believers in God by way of their notion of "sin". And it's also morally unsound to non-believers even without any "God sets the rules" stance. Can you subject homosexual sex to the same Christian "sin"-based morality v non-theism-based morality filter and find it to be morally unsound in both instances, as you can with murder? I don't think either you or galveston75 can. Do you think you can?

E

Moves
03 Jan 18

No, you have dodged the question. Murder, for example, is morally unsound even without of the "God sets the rules" stance. It's morally unsound to believers in God by way of their notion of "sin". And it's also morally unsound to non-believers even without any "God sets the rules" stance. Can you subject homosexual sex to the same Christian "sin"-based morality ...[text shortened]... nces, as you can with murder? I don't think either you or galveston75 can. Do you think you can?
I reject your view of morality. You are inherently immoral. So no, I reject a demand to explain why homosexual is wrong based on your immorality.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

I reject your view of morality. You are inherently immoral. So no, I reject a demand to explain why homosexual is wrong based on your immorality.
In answer to the question "Do you think you can?", then, that's a 'no I can't' from you, it would seem.

E

Moves
03 Jan 18

In answer to the question "Do you think you can?", then, that's a 'no I can't' from you, it would seem.
Oh, I can and have. You are just so immoral you can't see it.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18
1 edit

Oh, I can and have. You are just so immoral you can't see it.
If you reject the premise of my question, then perhaps you should have left it at that. Murder - immoral to theists (for religious reasons atheists can understand albeit not subscribe to). Murder - immoral to atheists (for secular reasons theists can understand albeit they have a different supernatural imperative that they believe they must answer to). I think it's telling that you cannot subject your moral disapproval of Homosexuality to the same juxtaposition and analysis.

E

Moves
03 Jan 18

If you reject the premise of my question, then perhaps you should have left it at that. Murder - immoral to theists (for religious reasons atheists can understand albeit not subscribe to). Murder - immoral to atheists (for secular reasons theists can understand albeit they have a different supernatural imperative that they believe they must answer to). I think ...[text shortened]... u cannot subject your moral disapproval of Homosexuality to the same juxtaposition and analysis.
You asked for a moral reason based on your immorality. This is simply circular reasoning based on a deceit. You claim that your pount of view is moral, which is deceptive since your point of view is immoral.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18
1 edit

You asked for a moral reason based on your immorality.
No, I said, taking the theist "sin" based view that homosexuality is immoral as a given, for the sake of the discussion, as one can with the theist-secular moral overlap when it comes to murder, what moral basis (aside from the theist "sin" based view) can you lay out for the assertion that homosexuality is immoral? You can do it for murder, but not for homosexuality. Why is that?