1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne to Eladar
    Are you actually suggesting that only homosexuals are guilty of "sexual immorality"?
    Do you believe that homosexuals are guilty of "sexual immorality" by engaging in homosexual sex? If not, what is your scriptural basis?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:241 edit
    As for led by the spirit, we are led by a spirit. The Bible instructs us to judge that spirit by what it leads you to do. If one of those things you do is reject what the Bible says, then that spirit is of Satan not God.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:33
    "The Bible’s answer."

God created humans to engage in sex only within the arrangement of marriage between a male and a female. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) The Bible condemns sexual activity that is not between a husband and wife, whether it is homosexual or heterosexual conduct. (1 Corinthians 6:18) This includes intercourse, fondling another person’s genitals, and engaging in oral or anal sex.

While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.”—1 Peter 2:17, Good News Translation.

Gay marriage is still under debate in many countries. In the United States, however, in 2015 the Supreme Court declared gay marriage to be legal nationwide. Thereafter, Internet searches on the topic skyrocketed. One of the most popular questions asked was, “What does the Bible say about gay marriage?”

The Bible does not specifically comment on legal rights involving marriage between people of the same sex. A more fundamental question is, What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Without closely examining the Bible, many people think that they know the answer—but their answers are contradictory! Some say that the Bible is clearly antigay. Others claim that the Biblical command to “love your neighbor” supports any and all sexual lifestyles.—Romans 13:9.

So again what does the bible say?

The Bible says: “Men who practice homosexuality . . . will not inherit God’s Kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) The same applies to women.—Romans 1:26.

The Bible teaches that sex should be engaged in only by a male and a female who are married to each other.—Genesis 1:27, 28; Proverbs 5:18, 19.

Although the Bible condemns homosexual acts, it does not encourage prejudice, hate crimes, or any other kind of mistreatment of homosexuals.—Romans 12:18. [1]

"That Is What Some of You Were”

Those who wanted to become Christians in the first century came from various backgrounds and lifestyles, and some of them made significant lifestyle changes. For example, the Bible speaks of “those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts,” and then it adds: “That is what some of you were.”—1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

In saying “that is what some of you were,” does the Bible mean that those who stopped engaging in homosexual acts never again experienced any homosexual desires? That could hardly be the case, because the Bible also exhorts: “Keep walking by spirit and you will carry out no fleshly desire.”—Galatians 5:16.

Note that the Bible does not say that a Christian will never experience an improper desire. Rather, it says that he or she will choose not to carry out that desire. Christians learn to bring such desires under control, not dwelling on them to the point of acting on them.—James 1:14, 15. [6]

The Bible thus makes a distinction between inclinations and practices. (Romans 7:16-25) A person who has homosexual leanings can control what he allows his mind to dwell on, just as he would control any other wrong desire, including leanings toward anger, adultery, and greed.—1 Corinthians 9:27; 2 Peter 2:14, 15.

So yes the "practice" of homosexuality is a sin and is still condemned all through out the bible. It is a sin that could lead to one loosing their life when the day of Armageddon comes when Jehovah will cleanse the earth of all who practice such sins and refuse to align themselves with God's laws for all of us.

"What does the Bible say?" Watchtower series.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:391 edit
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    "The Bible’s answer."

God created humans to engage in sex only within the arrangement of marriage between a male and a female. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) The Bible condemns sexual activity that is not between a husband and wife, whether it is homosexual or heterosexual conduct. (1 Corinthians 6:18) This includes intercours ...[text shortened]... lign themselves with God's laws for all of us.

"What does the Bible say?" Watchtower series.
    So what you are saying is that homosexuality is inherently immoral/sinful and marriage is strictly between a man and a woman.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:44
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So what you are saying is that homosexuality is inherently immoral/sinful and marriage is strictly between a man and a woman.
    I'm not saying it, the bible does on it's own in which I totally agree.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:46
    I'm not saying it, the bible does on it's own in which I totally agree.
    So a man feeling sexually attracted to another man is not a "sin", in and of itself, is that right?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So a man feeling sexually attracted to another man is not a "sin", in and of itself, is that right?
    Again what does the bible say? Did you read all my post as it answers this question?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:50
    No more sinful than a man being attracted to a woman who is not his wife.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 02:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Christians are not called on to focus on specific sins of others. The prime directive from Christ is to teach others about how to live righteously and to follow after good works.

Why are you obsessed with specific sins of others? God will deal with these sins.
    Really? What does the bible say?

"Why Some Are Disfellowshipped?"

God’s servants study the Bible and Christian publications. So Christians are in a position to know what Jehovah requires of them. Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross sin.

What Scriptural example of disfellowshipping is presented here, and why was the congregation urged to reinstate the man?

Consider a Scriptural example of disfellowshipping. The congregation in Corinth tolerated “such fornication as was not even among the nations, that a wife a certain man had of his father.” Paul urged the Corinthians to “hand such a man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, in order that the spirit may be saved.” (1 Corinthians 5:1-5) When disfellowshipped and thus handed over to Satan, the sinner was again part of the Devil’s world. (1 John 5:19) His expulsion removed an evil fleshly element from the congregation and preserved its godly “spirit,” or dominant attitude.—2 Timothy 4:22; 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Before a very long time had passed, Paul urged the Christians in Corinth to reinstate the wrongdoer. Why? It was so that they might not be “overreached by Satan,” said the apostle. The sinner had evidently repented and cleaned up his life. (2 Corinthians 2:8-11)
    If the Corinthians refused to reinstate the repentant man, Satan would overreach them in that they would be as hard and unforgiving as the Devil wanted them to be. Very likely, they soon did “forgive and comfort” the penitent man.—2 Corinthians 2:5-7.

Disfellowshipping can accomplish what?

What is accomplished by disfellowshipping? It keeps Jehovah’s holy name clear of reproach and protects the fine reputation of his people. (1 Peter 1:14-16) Removing an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation upholds God’s standards and preserves the congregation’s spiritual cleanness. It may also bring the unrepentant one to his senses.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 02:361 edit
    So why do you pick and choose which forms of sexual immorality must be accepted to be loving?

You link slavery to homosexuality. Does God instruct that you must own slaves? God does say that homosexuality is an abomination. So when does God's views on what is an abomination change?
    You neither hear nor understand what Jesus says.

Jesus establishes the foundation for the new covenant in the verses I cited earlier in Matthew 7 and Matthew 22. They also establish the basis of what is and isn't sin according to the new covenant.

As such the eating of shellfish, which is an "abomination" in the old covenant, is not an "abomination" according to the new covenant:

As such slavery, which is condoned in the old covenant, is not condoned according to the new covenant.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 02:54
    Originally posted by @thinkofone

Jesus establishes the foundation for the new covenant in the verses I cited earlier in Matthew 7 and Matthew 22. They also establish the basis of what is and isn't sin according to the new covenant.

As such the eating of shellfish, which is an "abomination" in the old covenant, is not an "abomination ...[text shortened]... h slavery, which is condoned in the old covenant, is not condoned according to the new covenant.
    Jesus actually said that nothing you eat is sinful, but sexual immorality is sinful. Maybe Jesus didn't understand how unloving it is to claim that a person could commit a sin just by having sex.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 02:59
    Originally posted by @thinkofone

As such the eating of shellfish, which is an "abomination" in the old covenant, is not an "abomination ...[text shortened]... h slavery, which is condoned in the old covenant, is not condoned according to the new covenant.
    Yes all the old laws were done away with. But were the principles down away with? That's the point that many miss.
    Many laws such as the law on shellfish were not made by God just to be an irritant for humans to deal with. No doubt many liked shellfish to eat. But the law was made to protect their health because of the health issues that type of food could cause, even to the point it could kill you.
    So the law was done away with and now if one wanted to take the risk and eat shellfish, they could. But why ignore that law and the protection it was made to do for humans?
    The point here is this. Common sense and trusting in our God who had many laws for us to follow at one time should still be remembered and still taken seriously because of the wisdom of them that God once had us humans follow.
    Plus in the case of homosexuality and a really serious example of how God views this is pretty clear with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Remember "god is not one to be mocked". He never changes and his laws never change.....
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 03:14
    Again what does the bible say? Did you read all my post as it answers this question?
    I am asking you to be clear, in your own words, not via a copy paste, if you believe a man feeling sexually attracted to another man is not "sinning", in and of itself. In other words, I am asking you to state what you believe in this conversation with me, as the writer of the words you posted is not here.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 04:10
    I am asking you to be clear, in your own words, not via a copy paste, if you believe a man feeling sexually attracted to another man is not "sinning", in and of itself. In other words, I am asking you to state what you believe in this conversation with me, as the writer of the words you posted is not here.
    Hummm, why do I feel a trap coming on here? I'm I right in thinking that?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 04:241 edit
    Jesus actually said that nothing you eat is sinful, but sexual immorality is sinful. Maybe Jesus didn't understand how unloving it is to claim that a person could commit a sin just by having sex.
    Evidently your homophobia has rendered you unable to hear or understand what Jesus was saying in Matthew 7 and 22. You keep avoiding those verses altogether.

I suggest that you reread your previous post to me and my response. If you unable to understand the points of my previous post, then there's no point in trying to get you to understand what Jesus was saying in Matthew 7 and 22.

Matthew 13
    10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree