1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why dont you go and look at some and report back?
    where should we look? i use youtube a lot and have never seen any.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    Do you think they will make gayness mandatory any time soon?
    Are you worried that this might happen?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what you watch on youtube is relevant to you claiming younger generations seem to be exhibiting stronger homophobic tendencies. as this is contrary the opinions i have of young people, im wondering what kind of videos stir up these debates and comments.

do you think the people commenting on these videos represent an even distribution of the opinions of the age generations watching the videos?
    they certainly represent a different perspective than the politicly correct one that we are fed through the media via the disproportionate representation of gay 'issues'.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you worried that this might happen?
    no not worried, just wondering.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    or yahoo, or anywhere else for that matter.
    Have you followed any pro-gay discussions on yahoo or YouTube? What were they like?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by FMF
    So I have answered your question. How about mine? If the guarantees were there with regard to the liability to prosecution for privately owned business, would you support an end to institutionalized discrimination at the hands of public and governmental entities?
    what discrimination are you talking about?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:21
    no not worried, just wondering.
    You are wondering if they will make gayness mandatory any time soon?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you followed any pro-gay discussions on yahoo or YouTube? What were they like?
    pro gay, cannot say, i had occasion to read some when conrau was posting, as he provided some links, cannot recall really what the content was about, although i am sure there was some kind of counselling service.

do you really think that a pro gay website or a you tube video is going to provide an objective representation of the populace as a whole?? if not then your usage of it as some type of leverage is essentially useless.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:241 edit
    what discrimination are you talking about?
    Any discrimination that has a detrimental effect on full recognition of a gay marriage by the state, full inheritance rights, full access to children and relatives in cases of estrangement or family/partner death, full legal protections, equality in the eyes of the law, in terms of employment, taxes, job tenure etc. There's a whole raft of things.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are wondering if they will make gayness mandatory any time soon?
    yes
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:27
    do you really think that a pro gay website or a you tube video is going to provide an objective representation of the populace as a whole?? if not then your usage of it as some type of leverage is essentially useless.
    Well I can ask you the same thing. Do you really think that an anti-gay web site or a you tube video is going to provide an objective representation of the populace as a whole? You have presented evidence of only this: that some people on the internet use derogatory language to talk about homosexuals.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:272 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Full recognition of a gay marriage by the state, full inheritance rights, full access to children and relatives in cases of estrangement or family/partner death, full legal protections, equality in the eyes of the law, in terms of employment, taxes, job tenure etc. There's a whole raft of things.
    they can have all of these things through civil partnership,

what jobs are denied to them on the basis of their sexual preference?

what legal protections are denied them?

what inheritance rights are denied to them on the basis of their sexuality?

do tell.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I can ask you the same thing. Do you really think that an anti-gay web site or a you tube video is going to provide an objective representation of the populace as a whole? You have presented evidence of only this: that some people on the internet use derogatory language to talk about homosexuals.
    who said it was anti gay? do you really think young people accept gayness, that there is no stigma attached to gayness, that everyone accepts it without question, oh dear your nampy pamby secular liberal world is miles away from reality.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:31
    the can have all of these things through civil partnership,

what jobs are denied to them on the basis of their sexual preference?

what legal protections are denied them?

what inheritance rights are denied to them on the basis of their sexuality?
    Are you sure?

This is from page 1 of this thread:

According to wiki, these countries recognize this basic human right:

Argentina
    Belgium
    Canada
    Denmark
    Iceland
    Netherlands
    New Zealand†
    Norway
    Portugal
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden

The country where I live is missing from that list for a start. New Zealand has just been added.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 09:32
    they certainly represent a different perspective than the politicly correct one that we are fed through the media via the disproportionate representation of gay 'issues'.
    im sure a neo-nazi could argue that the media is disproportionate as it doesnt reflect all beliefs of all the far right nutcases out there. this does not mean that there is a bubbling of nazism under the facade of 'normal' life. i would say the majority of people are not homophobic and this is reflected by the media. i would suggest you stop basing your views on young people based on youtube, this could end up with you drawing all sorts of bizarre conclusions. maybe the quality of the people posting is a reflection of the quality of video entertainment you are looking at, but as you are so defensive about what you watch, i guess we'll never know and have to take your word for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree