NZ  gay marriage act

NZ gay marriage act

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you sure?

This is from page 1 of this thread:

According to wiki, these countries recognize this basic human right:

Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Iceland
Netherlands
New Zealand†
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

The country where I live is missing from that list for a start. New Zealand has just been added.
so in these countries what basic human rights have been denied them, do explain. Infact, prior to new Zealand accepting the legality of gay marriage, what human rights were denied to them, do explain.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
im sure a neo-nazi could argue that the media is disproportionate as it doesnt reflect all beliefs of all the far right nutcases out there. this does not mean that there is a bubbling of nazism under the facade of 'normal' life. i would say the majority of people are not homophobic and this is reflected by the media. i would suggest you stop basing your ...[text shortened]... o defensive about what you watch, i guess we'll never know and have to take your word for it.
mork calling stelpalfie, come in stelpalfie, nanoo nanoo!

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
who said it was anti gay? do you really think young people accept gayness, that there is no stigma attached to gayness, that everyone accepts it without question, oh dear your nampy pamby secular liberal world is miles away from reality.
My friends who are secondary school teachers tell me that homosexuality is far more accepted now than back in the 70s and 80s. It's certainly more accepted by adults than it was in decades past. Of course there are still kids who bully gay kids or bully kids with gay parents or relatives. No one is claiming "that everyone accepts it without question" robbie. Is that seriously all you're claiming to have gleaned from trawling through anti-gay comments under YouTube videos... that not "everyone accepts [homosexuality] without question"?

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
My friends who are secondary school teachers tell me that homosexuality is far more accepted now than back in the 70s and 80s. It's certainly more accepted by adults than it was in decades past. Of course there are still kids who bully gay kids or bully kids with gay parents or relatives. No one is claiming "that everyone accepts it without question" robbie. Is ...[text shortened]... ents under YouTube videos... that not "everyone accepts [homosexuality] without question"?
she would wouldn't she, shes not living in Moss side Manchester, or Ruckazie, Glasgow. Man your nice little cozy secular liberal world really is wired to da moon!

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

so in these countries what basic human rights have been denied them, do explain. Infact, prior to new Zealand accepting the legality of gay marriage, what human rights were denied to them, do explain.
Can't speak about all those countries. The recognition of marriage by the state, and all the legal status and protections attendant thereto, ensures that none of the inequalities or discriminations I listed can legally occur and that homosexuals have the right to legal redress.

Moves
23 Apr 13

mork calling stelpalfie, come in stelpalfie, nanoo nanoo!
i think you like to convince yourself that there is more homophobia than there is because it makes you feel that your opinions are less extreme than they are, it makes you feel less homophobic.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
My friends who are secondary school teachers tell me that homosexuality is far more accepted now than back in the 70s and 80s. It's certainly more accepted by adults than it was in decades past. Of course there are still kids who bully gay kids or bully kids with gay parents or relatives. No one is claiming "that everyone accepts it without question" robbie. Is ...[text shortened]... ents under YouTube videos... that not "everyone accepts [homosexuality] without question"?
I was not looking for anti gay anything, its not my fault your secular liberal world has not reached everyone with its all encompassing message , is it.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

i think you like to convince yourself that there is more homophobia than there is because it makes you feel that your opinions are less extreme than they are, it makes you feel less homophobic.
yeah that right i need validation.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Can't speak about all those countries. The recognition of marriage by the state, and all the legal status and protections attendant thereto, ensures that none of the inequalities or discriminations I listed can legally occur and that homosexuals have the right to legal redress.
ok, lets pick one, New Zealand, what institutional discrimination did gays suffer prior to the acceptance of gay marriage.

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

she would wouldn't she, shes not living in Moss side Manchester, or Ruckazie, Glasgow. Man your nice little cozy secular liberal world really is wired to da moon!
The three friends I have in mind are in inner London, Dagenham [Essex] and Sheffield. You think civil rights issues should be held hostage by the views of young people in the particular places you chose to mention, even assuming that your trawling of gay videos on YouTube has given you a representative picture?

Moves
23 Apr 13

well done for pointing out that some people in some areas are homophobic. some people in some areas are racist, some people in some areas vote conservative, some people in some areas like to go fox hunting, some people in some areas batter their mars bars. what point are you making?

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
The three friends I have in mind are in inner London, Dagenham [Essex] and Sheffield. You think civil rights issues should be held hostage by the views of young people in the particular places you chose to mention, even assuming that your trawling of gay videos on YouTube has given you a representative picture?
held hostage? You think they care about civil rights? man, it gets better.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

well done for pointing out that some people in some areas are homophobic. some people in some areas are racist, some people in some areas vote conservative, some people in some areas like to go fox hunting, some people in some areas batter their mars bars. what point are you making?
oh dear, so its only in your cozy little secular liberal world that every thing is nice and cozy, who would have thought it?

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

ok, lets pick one, New Zealand, what institutional discrimination did gays suffer prior to the acceptance of gay marriage.
Ask Wolfgang59. He lives there.

If gays can get married like anyone else, if there is full recognition of a gay marriage on the part of the state, if there are full inheritance rights the same as heterosexuals, full access to children and relatives in cases of estrangement or family/partner death, full legal protections, equality in the eyes of the law, in terms of employment, taxes, job tenure etc. and privately owned businesses are not liable to prosecution for choosing who they enter into commercial transactions with, then I am happy with the situation and approve 100%, and if you don't think any of these things should be denied or obstructed, then we are in complete agreement, robbie. Here in Indonesia, alas, we have a long way to go on every single aspect of this issue.

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

held hostage? You think they care about civil rights? man, it gets better.
If they don't care about civil rights then what is the relevance of their anti-gay opinions to the issue of civil rights or to this discussion?