1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Originally posted by scherzo
    [b]Au contraire, it's what I feel whenever I see Sarah Palin on TV.

Well, here is the root of your problem. You think that anger is a validation
    of your beliefs. You think it does not obscure your ability to be rational.
    I think that's too bad.

I am not aware of any "nutcase Muslims." Oh, wait, right, the peaceful
    coexistence, then you're going to have to abandon your hate.

Nemesio
    [/b]
    Let me complement you on the quality of your posts. You have the patience of Job and the eloquence of the apostle Paul. I wish I had your writing ability. You have written over 5 lenthy posts in this one thread trying to get Scherzo to understand the flaw in his thinking. A normal person you would have convinced already. But he wont budge and he never will. Scherzo is damaged goods and his brain is already sold to Islamic extremists.

With people like Scherzo I prefer my approach, albiet unChristlike. I try to change the topic of the thread by bringing up some unnatural or undesirable quality about Islamic religion or culture (and there are many), poke fun at them, then I watch then squirm and wriggle their way out. So far Scherxo has not addressed the issue of deaths in Mecca which he said does not exist. He never will.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 15:121 edit
    [b]Au contraire, it's what I feel whenever I see Sarah Palin on TV.

I think that's too bad.

I am not aware of any "nutcase Muslims." Oh, wait, right, the peaceful
    coexistence, then you're going to have to abandon your hate.

Nemesio
    I think that's too bad.
    [/b]

Anger can be healthy - psychologically and politically - if it is dealt with in a productive way.

Yes, the Zionists are wrong in many cases. But your unwillingness to see
    that the Moslems are also wrong in many cases is what contributes to the
    fighting. Both you and the Zionists feel that you are right, and so you
    will both continue to fight, spilling the blood of innocents.

They're not Muslims necessarily; they're Palestinians and other Arabs. That is in no way synonymous with Islam. I've said that before.

And there are no innocent Israelis in the West Bank.

I've read many articles on the subject. The notion of purchasing a book
    about a senseless war between two Semitic peoples is unappealing to me.

It is simple in the sense that perpetuating hatred (as you seem inclined
    to do) will only perpetuate the fighting.

I'm glad you've taken an interest. Message me via PM if you want a list of recommended books.

You think that the Church should endorse a fictional movie that mocks it,
    but somehow you think that Moslems should not tolerate the same thing.

Consider:

1. There have been so many movies depicting Arabs and Muslims as terrorists that several people are beginning to see the Reel Arab as the Real Arab. See Rajk for more information. I got the "Reel" thing from Jack Shaheen.

2. There have been few movies depicting Christians as evil.

3. Christians, on the whole, are more evil than Muslims.

4. Christians have done much of the anti-Muslim propaganda.

And it's not hate. It's the world.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 15:45
    [b]Well, here is the root of your problem. You think that anger is a validation
    I think that's too bad.
    [/b]

Anger can be healthy - psychologically and politically - if it is dealt with in a productive way.

Yes, the Zionists are wrong in many cases. But your unwillin ...[text shortened]... s have done much of the anti-Muslim propaganda.

And it's not hate. It's the world.
    Instead of just talking, can you provide some details and proof that these 2 statements are correct ?

1. "...there are no innocent Israelis in the West Bank."

2. "Christians, on the whole, are more evil than Muslims."
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 20:51

Anger can indeed be healthy. The way in which one expresses anger may not be. For example,
    it angers me to hear you say that there are no innocent Israelis. However, rather than insult you
    and threaten you and disparage you, I opt to have a dialogue.

They're not Muslims necessarily; they're Palestinians and other Arabs. That is in no way synonymous with Islam. I've said that before.

Yes. But it's not necessarily true that they are not Moslems, either. The fact that the various
    different groups take credit for blowing up non-violent citizens do claim to be associated with
    Islam is pretty significant.

And there are no innocent Israelis in the West Bank.

There are indeed some Israelis who want to settle this issue peaceably. To kill them is to kill
    an ally. There are some Israelis who are too young to have an informed opinion. To kill them
    is to kill the innocent. Most of the people in Israel inherited the land and the conflict. I bet they
    would love to see it end.

There is a compromise available, one which both parties gain something and both lose something.

But, what they both will benefit from is peace, if they are willing to embrace it and each other.

I'm glad you've taken an interest. Message me via PM if you want a list of recommended books.

I said I would find such reading unappealing. But even if I were interested, I would never take
    the recommendations from someone who asserts that Moslems are never corrupt or sinister and
    that no Israeli is innocent.

1. There have been so many movies depicting Arabs and Muslims as terrorists that several people are beginning to see the Reel Arab as the Real Arab. See Rajk for more information. I got the "Reel" thing from Jack Shaheen.

Yes. To depict all Arabs or Moslems as terrorists is wrong. To depict some Arabs and Moslems
    as terrorists is accurate. I am smart enough to know that the 'Reel Arab' is not the 'Real Arab.'
    But I am also sober enough to know that some Reel Arabs exist.

2. There have been few movies depicting Christians as evil.

This is, of course, categorically false. The Roman Catholic Church in particular is the subject of
    plenty of films which depict their actions in an inaccurate and unfavorable light.

3. Christians, on the whole, are more evil than Muslims.

This sort of bizarre claim is just utterly unsupportable. There are indeed people who claim
    to be
    Christians who are evil, no doubt, just like some who claim to be Moslems who think that God
    wants them to slaughter non-Moslems are also evil. To make such a positive claim without
    support is an example of unmitigated hatred that only serves to validate the views of those
    Christians that Moslems are evil, a view that I and you would like to see disappear.

When you say that Christians are more evil than Moslems, you sound like a 'Reel' Arab to the
    ears of a Westerner.

4. Christians have done much of the anti-Muslim propaganda.

This is true and it's lamentable. But you yourself are promoting an anti-Moslem viewpoint with
    your angry and hateful rhetoric. You are stimulating that propaganda.

Don't you want it to stop? I would think that you would. I know I do.

Nemesio
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 20:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    With people like Scherzo I prefer my approach, albiet unChristlike.
    As I said to Scherzo, by claiming to be Christian and taking an admittedly unChristian approach,
    you merely caricature yourself, encouraging and validating the viewpoint that Christians are by and
    large evil. I think it's counterproductive.

Nemesio
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 21:46
    I was allowed into the Vatican, then called back to the gate and thrown out.

And of course I wouldn't let them film a documentary. My point is that this is not a documentary! Fiction is fiction! Documentary (is supposed to be) nonfiction!
    Why were you thrown out?

And my point is that it doesn't matter whether it is a documentary or it's fiction it's damaging and that's reason enough not to let them do the movie at the Vatican! Got it?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 22:34
    As I said to Scherzo, by claiming to be Christian and taking an admittedly unChristian approach,
    you merely caricature yourself, encouraging and validating the viewpoint that Christians are by and
    large evil. I think it's counterproductive.

Nemesio
    Taunting Scherzo cannot by called evil by anyone but a fool.
    Youre pretty good at lecturing, im pretty good at taunting.
    So ... you lecture ... I taunt.
    Agreed ?
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 20:08
    Taunting Scherzo cannot by called evil by anyone but a fool.
    Youre pretty good at lecturing, im pretty good at taunting.
    So ... you lecture ... I taunt.
    If you or Scherzo think I'm lecturing, that's certainly not my intent. I'm trying to open dialogue.

I'm not saying I think that it's evil to taunt Scherzo, but he will use it to validate and indeed fuel
    his view that Christians are more evil than Moslems. If that's a view that you'd like to perpetuate,
    then go right ahead.

That having been said, I doubt that anyone would call taunting him 'good,' and it's certainly not
    showing love for thy enemy, so I'd ask you to consider the possibility that Jesus would disapprove.

Nemesio
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 21:08
    Instead of just talking, can you provide some details and proof that these 2 statements are correct ?

[b]1. "...there are no innocent Israelis in the West Bank."

2. "Christians, on the whole, are more evil than Muslims."
    [/b]
    The Israelis in the West Bank are either army or Mossad or settlers. There are no innocents in these groups.

I can name a lot more Christian genocides than Muslim genocides.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 21:11
    [b]Anger can be healthy - psychologically and politically - if it is dealt with in a productive way.

Anger can indeed be healthy. The way in which one expresses anger may not be. For example,
    it angers me to hear you say that there are no innocent Israelis. However, rather than insult you
    and threaten you and ...[text shortened]... n't you want it to stop? I would think that you would. I know I do.

Nemesio[/b]
    I never said all Israelis are evil, I said all Israelis in the West Bank are evil. There's a difference.

And again, far more atrocities have been committed in the name of Christianity than Islam.
  11. At the Revolution
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 21:12
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Why were you thrown out?

And my point is that it doesn't matter whether it is a documentary or it's fiction it's damaging and that's reason enough not to let them do the movie at the Vatican! Got it?
    It's only damaging fiction if it's repeated as a caricature or stereotype in several films in a row.

They didn't tell me why I was thrown out. I don't think they do often.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 23:241 edit
    It's only damaging fiction if it's repeated as a caricature or stereotype in several films in a row.

They didn't tell me why I was thrown out. I don't think they do often.
    Did you have a bomb in your shoe, or maybe strapped under your shirt?

When I got thrown out of Vatican City, they were very straightforward about why -- no blacks allowed.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 23:43
    If you or Scherzo think I'm lecturing, that's certainly not my intent. I'm trying to open dialogue.

I'm not saying I think that it's evil to taunt Scherzo, but he will use it to validate and indeed fuel
    his view that Christians are more evil than Moslems. If that's a view that you'd like to perpetuate,
    then go right ahead.

That having been said, I ...[text shortened]... y, so I'd ask you to consider the possibility that Jesus would disapprove.

Nemesio
    One day I will stop taunting people like Scherzo.
    But that day is not today.
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 00:41
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Did you have a bomb in your shoe, or maybe strapped under your shirt?

When I got thrown out of Vatican City, they were very straightforward about why -- no blacks allowed.
    Who do you think I am, a member of the IRA?
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 00:42
    One day I will stop taunting people like Scherzo.
    But that day is not today.
    Then I will continue to scoff at you as I silently thank you for letting the world know what not to do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree