Of what worth is your God?

Of what worth is your God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Evil is going to be wiped out in judgment, anyone who does evil is a evil doer. All of us have sinned, and all of us are facing Hell, if we are without salvation. You have asked this before, and you should have known the answer being a backsliding Christian. It is before you and everyone else.
So you agree with the statement: every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
I see the worth of religious beliefs in people's lives and the effects it has on community and culture, sure. Don't you too?
You bet I do!

But by and large it's not just "religious beliefs" that have the greater impact on the community and culture. History confirms that the "beliefs", whether religious or not, of humans has brought us to the brink of annihilation, although I'm certain your faith in mankind offers hope of peace and eventual tranquility.

I think you're living in a bubble. It is false belief and error that plagues society, and a thousand years from now they will look back at the ruins of civilization just as we do today, and they will still be struggling with the same issues then as now.

You need to broaden you perspective and see the full picture.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
History confirms that the "beliefs", whether religious or not, of humans has brought us to the brink of annihilation, although I'm certain your faith in mankind offers hope of peace and eventual tranquility.
I am optimistic and positive and not misanthropic. There is a lot of evidence that demonstrates that more people [and a higher proportion of people] are living better lives now than at any point in human history.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
So you agree with the statement: every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die?
It is a fact that the Bible teaches that all have sinned, and the wages of sin is death, that none are righteous.

Be glad you aren't the judge.

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ will judge the living and the dead. The "living", those that believe in Jesus Christ, will receive eternal life, but the "dead" will experience everlasting punishment.

It's a fact that that is what the Bible teaches.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
I think you're living in a bubble. It is false belief and error that plagues society, and a thousand years from now they will look back at the ruins of civilization just as we do today, and they will still be struggling with the same issues then as now.
I think the often religiosity-fuelled assertion that the world is going to the dogs like never before and anticipating the world's destruction in the 'end times' ~ hoping it comes sooner rather later ~ as several posters here do ~ is perhaps textbook "living in a bubble" rather than my non-misanthropic perspective on my fellow humans.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
It is a fact that the Bible teaches that all have sinned, and the wages of sin is death, that none are righteous.
OK, thank you for your reiteration of what the Bible teaches. So, do you agree with the statement: Every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die. Are you willing to say 'yes', you agree?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
I am optimistic and positive and not misanthropic. There is a lot of evidence that demonstrates that more people [and a higher proportion of people] are living better lives now than at any point in human history.
No doubt that the quality of life does wax and wane throughout the course of history, but you need to see the big picture.

Death is 100% in every generation. For every 100 people born 100 die.

Contrary to what you may think or believe God did not create man to die, but to live eternally.

That concept may sound childish and foolish to you, but it's the truth.

Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life. It's the very heart of the gospel.

I know you don't believe it, but Jesus is our only sure and living hope. Jesus is the only way out of death.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
OK, thank you for your reiteration of what the Bible teaches. So, do you agree with the statement: Every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die. Are you willing to say 'yes', you agree?
I keep answering that question throughout these threads, but you just seem to refuse to hear it.

The only answer you will get from me will be based on the biblical narrative and not on terms you keep trying to put in my mouth.

Do you hear that?

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
No doubt that the quality of life does wax and wane throughout the course of history, but you need to see the big picture.

Death is 100% in every generation. For every 100 people born 100 die.
For me, "the big picture" with regard to the state of the world and the human condition is not made up of stats like 'death is 100% in every generation'.

Because I have a broader perspective, I am more interested in health indicators, infant mortality, life expectancy, preventive health care etc., access to education, access to justice, the decline of authoritarianism, the rise of democracy, awareness of environmental damage and food security, human rights, etc.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with "Death is 100% in every generation".

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
I keep answering that question throughout these threads, but you just seem to refuse to hear it.

The only answer you will get from me will be based on the biblical narrative and not on terms you keep trying to put in my mouth.

Do you hear that?
It would seem that, whether or not you unequivocally agree with the statement "Every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die" [which I got from other Christians here and am now putting to you] is something you wish to keep secret.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life. It's the very heart of the gospel.
If this belief leads you into wanting to work, in some way, whether it be small or large, for a better world and for better lives and living conditions of your fellow humans during their finite time on this earth, then that's good as far as I am concerned.

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, and it is pointed out that none of us can claim to be righteous enough on our own to be accepted. We are called to be good but our righteousness acceptable to God is found in the Son of God no where else. Jesus is either the way, truth, and life in our lives or we are striving to do something that cannot be done on our own.
What does the Bible say about Noah, in regard to his righteousness?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
I think the often religiosity-fuelled assertion that the world is going to the dogs like never before and anticipating the world's destruction in the 'end times' ~ hoping it comes sooner rather later ~ as several posters here do ~ is perhaps textbook "living in a bubble" rather than my non-misanthropic perspective on my fellow humans.
That's because you don't see the issue from God's point of view.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
If this belief leads you into wanting to work, in some way, whether it be small or large, for a better world and for better lives and living conditions of your fellow humans during their finite time on this earth, then that's good as far as I am concerned.
That is exactly the Christian's purpose while here in this world. To do God's will and bring Christ to man, but only God can bring a man to Christ.

Christ is the solution to all of man's problems.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said

Because I have a broader perspective, I am more interested in health indicators, infant mortality, life expectancy, preventive health care etc., access to education, access to justice, the decline of authoritarianism, the rise of democracy, awareness of environmental damage and food security, human rights, etc.
Those are practical matters that certainly deserve our utmost attention.

But it's not the "big picture". It's the micro view. The macro view is the concern over ones eternal destiny. We're not here debating about whether we need more hospitals and better nutrition for all. That's a given.

We're debating about the bigger picture with regards to eternal life, or the loss of it.