1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:121 edit
    @suzianne said
    The question is moot.

It is akin to asking, "Is there no merit in not dying?"

Yes, there is merit in "not dying". Right up until the point when they DO die, because everyone dies.

The question is not about "merit". It's about a false hypothetical.

You're trying to place a value on something that never happens.
    The question is not about "merit". It's about a false hypothetical.

You're trying to place a value on something that never happens.

Genesis 26
    4“I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.”

Numbers 14
    24“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.

2 Kings 22
    1Josiah was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned thirty-one years in Jerusalem; and his mother’s name was Jedidah the daughter of Adaiah of Bozkath. 2He did right in the sight of the LORD and walked in all the way of his father David, nor did he turn aside to the right or to the left.

Luke 1
      5In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

Luke 15
    7“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:54
    @kellyjay said
    In the beginning, means God started time.
    When God started creating the universe it was the very first thing that occurred when He created the Heavens and the Earth.
    Time is the procession of activities.
    Without time nothing is possible.
    Even you god could not think "First I'll do this, then that"
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:57
    @kellyjay said
    What makes you think admitting I am a sinner in need of salvation by God’s mercy a boast?
    ?
    Look at the post I replied to and try and follow the narrative.

You accused fmf of boasting ... I replied to that.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:59
    @kellyjay said
    With respect to murdering you, God who gave you life can take it away
    ?
    God is going to murder me now?

gulp!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 20:17
    @wolfgang59 said
    Time is the procession of activities.
    Without time nothing is possible.
    Even you god could not think "First I'll do this, then that"
    How would you know what God can or cannot do?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 20:18
    @wolfgang59 said
    ?
    God is going to murder me now?

gulp!
    Your life is in His hand as well as everything and everyone you know, we owe our existence to God.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 20:21
    @fmf said
    You subscribe to an ideology that declares every human being to be deserving of being tortured in burning flames for eternity after they die but members of your religion will not be tortured because you think certain things about yourself and you think certain things about "Jesus". You can't even prove any of this to be true to those you believe will be tortured. And you can't even make a coherent moral case to support it. It's sheer self-centred misanthropy.
    What makes you doubt it? You have some authority or something or one able to bind God from doing what He says?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 21:44
    @ThinkOfOne

Copy Hebrews chapter 11 and bold every time we are told that it was by faith that the Old Testament patriarchs and saints did everything that they did.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 01:46
    @kellyjay said
    What makes you doubt it? You have some authority or something or one able to bind God from doing what He says
    Because it sounds farfetched and poorly thought-out. It sounds manmade. And one of the reasons why I still doubt it after talking to you is because you dodge and deflect questions that seek to get to the heart of it. Even you can't seem to make any moral sense of it. Take the question about coercion, deterrence and purpose that you arr currently studiously blanking out, for example.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:001 edit
    @fmf said
    Because it sounds farfetched and poorly thought-out. It sounds manmade. And one of the reasons why I still doubt it after talking to you is because you dodge and deflect questions that seek to get to the heart of it. Even you can't seem to make any moral sense of it. Take the question about coercion, deterrence and purpose that you arr currently studiously blanking out, for example.
    You think merit is the way to go with God, that you can offer something to God He would be willing to take from you for your sins? You think you can do enough good works that God would be so impressed with your effort God would be willing to forgive you of your sins? Exactly how good would a good God be, if He just for either of those reasons be bought off or impressed because of your actions sins could be forgiven?

Now, there is no reason why outside of love that Jesus would be willing to do what He did for us, and no reason outside of God's love for us that He would send Jesus to die for our sins, redeeming us.

Man made, the only thing man made thing here are you excuses to stay in your sins, being smug about it all the while doing it.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:00
    @kellyjay said
    How would you know what God can or cannot do?
    It is not a question of what you god can or cannot do.
    It is by definition impossible,

Like drying yourself under the shower
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:01
    @kellyjay said
    Your life is in His hand as well as everything and everyone you know, we owe our existence to God.
    Why do you say he is going to murder me?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:01
    @wolfgang59 said
    It is not a question of what you god can or cannot do.
    It is by definition impossible,

Like drying yourself under the shower
    Well you cannot do it and neither can I that doesn't mean God cannot.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:04
    @wolfgang59 said
    Why do you say he is going to murder me?
    No, God doesn't murder.
    He sets the time limits on all of our lives, He appoints the times for everything.
    Murder is a legal term, God is bound by God. there is no one and nothing between us and God.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 04:10
    @kellyjay said
    You think merit is the way to go with God, that you can offer something to God He would be willing to take from you for your sins?
    No. I don't think these things at all. I am scrutinizing your ideology. Your scriptures command you to obey Jesus - there is "merit" in doing that, right? You are told to avoid "sin" - there is "merit" in doing that, right? You are told to do good works - there is "merit" in doing that, right? These are the commandments you are told to obey, and yet you talk about gaining everlasting life "regardless of merit".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree