1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:20
    @kellyjay said
    Standing before God all doubts and confusion will be removed as well as excuses.
    I will try again: If there were a person who did not "sin", could that be described as of "merit"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:29
    @kellyjay said
    We are all sinners and totally undeserving of God’s grace.
    In that case - according to your beliefs - if everybody is not worthy and no one deserves "salvation", why doesn't he torture us all in burning flames after we die?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:37
    @fmf said
    In that case - according to your beliefs - if everybody is not worthy and no one deserves "salvation", why doesn't he torture us all in burning flames after we die?
    Why do you ask questions you know the answers to? He is Good so our sins must be accounted for none can be overlooked, all require justice. He is good and righteous as well as love so He made away to save us in Christ. All sins will be justly taken care of inside Christ or Hell!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:47
    @kellyjay said
    He is Good so our sins must be accounted for none can be overlooked, all require justice. He is good and righteous as well as love so He made away to save us in Christ. All sins will be justly taken care of inside Christ or Hell!
    If, as you state, everybody is not worthy and no one deserves "salvation", how is it "justice" if only people who are not members of your religion get tortured in burning flames after they die? There seems to be a completely arbitrary cultural-groupist I'm-alright-Jack thing with no coherent moral basis.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:49
    @kellyjay said
    Why do you ask questions you know the answers to?
    Why is this your go-to rhetorical gimmick every time you are unable to make a comprehensible fist of explaining your ideology to a non-Christian?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:57
    @fmf said
    Why is this your go-to rhetorical gimmick every time you are unable to make a comprehensible fist of explaining your ideology to a non-Christian?
    You have boasted that you used to be a Christian for a large amount of time. I suppose I could go with you never actually paid any attention to doctrine the whole time retaining nothing, or something else is true or not. You want it both ways?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 04:36
    @kellyjay said
    You have boasted that you used to be a Christian for a large amount of time.
    The answers to the questions I am putting to you about your beliefs are in your head. So many of my questions make you wriggle & gimmick. Why?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 04:37
    @kellyjay said
    You want it both ways?
    I want it ONE way. I just seek your answers to questions about the things you say here about your current beliefs.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 04:38
    @kellyjay said
    I suppose I could go with you never actually paid any attention to doctrine the whole time retaining nothing, or something else is true or not.
    Is there no merit in not "sinning"?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 07:47
    @kellyjay said
    God has given us salvation from our sins based upon mercy, not merit.
    If god has given you salvation (from himself)
    then I have saved your life on many occasions
    by not murdering you.

I await your thanks.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 07:49
    @philokalia said
    Existence is God; therefore,
    That makes no sense grammatically, logically, philosophically or theologically.
    Therefore anything afterwards is redundant.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 07:51
    @sonship said
    For actions. God creating time - for starters.
    God existed without time?
    He would not be able to say "Let there be light" would he?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 07:53
    @kellyjay said
    Yes but do you know anyone who has lived a sinless life?
    fmf's question is akin to asking in the 1950s
    "Is there any merit in breaking the 4 minute mile?"

Would "But nobody has broken the 4 minute mile"
    have been an acceptable answer?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 07:55
    @kellyjay said
    You have boasted that you used to be a Christian for a large amount of time. I suppose I could go with you never actually paid any attention to doctrine the whole time retaining nothing, or something else is true or not. You want it both ways?
    I wouldn't call it boasting!
    If you stood up and said "I used to be a wife-beater" I wouldn't call it boasting.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 10:33
    @wolfgang59 said
    If god has given you salvation (from himself)
    then I have saved your life on many occasions
    by not murdering you.

I await your thanks.
    He has given you great gifts life being one of them, and what have you done with them? You have been able to do with all that you have been given what you will. Salvation is for your sins, they are a death to you before a just, holy, and good God, we all have sinned before God. You can go on if you wish as you are, or turn to God for God's mercy, one way or the other the things you have done will be judged with the life you've been given.

With respect to murdering you, God who gave you life can take it away than judge you for you've done. When He does it, it isn't murder its His universe to do with as He wills, not us. As he gives you the very air you breath, there is nothing about your life that He did not supply.

When He sets the time life for you, when that day comes as it does for us all, there is judgment. We can ask God for mercy, or we stand before him getting what we deserve for what we have done. Its one or the other justice is going to be served or God's mercy, we get to choose, saying no or nothing is a choice, as is asking God for His mercy because Jesus dying and coming back from the dead for us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree