Moves
    23 Jul '06 22:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 23:031 edit
    And it's not English UK either. It’s English. Other people have to specify that they deviate from the language we invented.
  4. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 23:46
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    where oh where is the 'slap with wet fish' option?
    In your unrepentent mind.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 00:221 edit
    you are correct in saying that an indeviduals views on an issue do not change it's underlying reality (assuming it has one). in other words, god does or does not exist regardless of whether or not I beleive in god. in the same way that the planet we live on is spherical or flat regardless of the views of those on it. however my point is that I say that t use to expound our point of veiw / argument, it is nie on impossible to come to any agreement.
    What evidence do you think we should see to show God is real?
    This is important! If you don't have any idea on what it is your are
    suppose to look for, how would you know if it was in front of you or
    not? As you define God, what are the limitations and strenghts do
    you believe God should have that would make His being real,
    something we could prove if He wanted us to walk in faith?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 00:332 edits
    ah, well 'faith' is one of those words we disagree on. As I have stated before, to you, I don't think that mine is a faith position. however as I say, untill we agree on a common vocabulary (barring in mind that language, in this particular case english, has been heavily influenced by religion and thus you often end up using words or phrases which have r se to mean anything other than an excalmation of relief. it's just part of the vernacular.
    It comes down to faith, you think/believe you know what you should
    look for to prove God is real or not, don't you? You think/believe you
    know how you can agrue a point, because you think/believe you have
    all the bases covered as far as the necessary valiables to tackle the
    question, while at the same time acknowledging that it is possible
    that reality could be quite different than what you think it is, it than is
    possible that you could be wrong because you do not know what you
    do not know. You think/believe that you are viewing the evidence
    as you should, it is a matter of faith. The foundations of much of
    what you have backing up your position is in the distant past as the
    claims go, as mine are in the supernatual we both are in faith.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 01:56
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    99% of people here cut down religion, if you dont believe in it you shouldnt make fun of it just let people believe what they want.
    Thats very true. From my experience though, the real problem is Christians cutting down non-Christians via promises of eternal damnation, moral inferiority, etc. I don't force my beliefs down other people's throats. However, the same courtesy is rarely extended my way in these forums.
    B.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 02:21
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    99% of people here cut down religion, if you dont believe in it you shouldnt make fun of it just let people believe what they want.
    99%? Maybe 33%. For every person taking a jab at religion, there is a wacko fundies spouting nonsense on here. Add to them the reasonably intelligent xians and we're outnumbered!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 04:41
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    But do you inform them of what the BIBLE says happens to those who reject truth? or do you allow them to continue in ignorance?
    See, you have put your finger on the crux of it. With the phrase
    "Do we allow them to continue in ignorance?" That is one of the biggest arrogances of the christian faith, Do We Allow Them. That says it all right there. Christians think they have the god given right to dictate their washed up religious concepts on whomever they have the power over to do so. Do you think the Inca's in South America 500 years ago WANTED to be converted to christianity? Isn't it funny co-incidence the diet of the unfortunate Incas who had the misfortune to be forcibly converted to christianty, their diet went to hell in a hand basket due to being forced to change their diet to corn almost exclusively, being of course the food that the priests deemed more civilized for the poor ignorant savages whom we have saved just in time. If there is a hell, christians will have a special place in it for deadly prosletyizers.
    Another consequence of this sick religion is the incredible number of wars started by christian sicko's. With the muslim jihad's going on now, where do you think they got their training from? Could it be a little series of battles a thousand years ago called the Crusades?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree