Old Earth & Young Earth Creationism

Old Earth & Young Earth Creationism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 16

Originally posted by RJHinds
17 verses in the Bible state that God expanded the size of the Universe from its original size.
What affect did that have on time, and on red and blue shift?

This "stretching" of the universe was done during the creation week described in Genesis. Dr. Russell Humphreys suggests in his book Starlight and Time that it may have given the universe an older ...[text shortened]... eationists.org/God-streched-out-the-universe-bible-verses.html

[youtube]mooHSXTR2RE[/youtube]
Good grief, you're stupid.

Yes, the universe was stretched out. This was the rapid expansion of space that was part of the Big Bang. You really do judge God by man's abilities. He's not restricted by our abilities nor by our feeble, insufficient opinions of what he's capable of. All you have to do is open your eyes and see what God has wrought. What our eyes can see has been extended by our sensors, so we see exactly the universe God has created. That you make up excuses as to how you think he did it and put limitations on what he did, shows your faith is not as great as you think it is. He doesn't need to "fool" us with stage magic. His creation is out in the open where anybody can see just what he's done, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jan 16
4 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Good grief, you're stupid.

Yes, the universe was stretched out. This was the rapid expansion of space that was part of the Big Bang. You really do judge God by man's abilities. He's not restricted by our abilities nor by our feeble, insufficient opinions of what he's capable of. All you have to do is open your eyes and see what God has wrought. What ...[text shortened]... is out in the open where anybody can see just what he's done, but you refuse to acknowledge it.
I thought we could work together on this like civilized people. Calling me stupid is not the way.

I never made any claim that God was trying to fool us with stage magic. If you are able to reason, then perhaps we could reason together instead of insulting each other. I was hoping for a more respectful year. However, if you wish otherwise, then i am very adapt at insulting remarks. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 16

I thought we could work together on this like civilized people. Calling me stupid is not the way.

I never made any claim that God was trying to fool us with stage magic. If you are able to reason, then perhaps we could reason together instead of insulting each other. I was hoping for a more respectful year. However, if you wish otherwise, then i am very adapt at insulting remarks. 😏
So it's ok for you to call any number of people 'numbnuts' but have her sling one pejorative, and you freak out. I think the term here is hypocrite,

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jan 16

Originally posted by whodey
The highlights are, the Hebrew terminology used to describe the passage of time in the first 6 days is different from anywhere else in the Bible. Night and day can be translated into "chaos" and "order" according to ancient rabbinical translators. The literal Hebrew is not meant to be translated into a literal day. Again, this was all conjectured in the pr ...[text shortened]... similar to the rest of the text.

To sum up, the error is the translated Hebrew, not the text.
I believe you need to reviw what he said. As I understood him, he believes the expansion of the universe causes an exponential change in space time as it doubles in distance. This allows the days on earth to remain normal days, so mankind began less than 6,000 years ago, which is his belief as a Jew according to the Jewish calendar.

The expansion of the universe exponential changed space-time so that scientist today estimate the universe to be about 16 billion years old. It is not clear to me how he comes up with the earth being 4 billion or so years old, since i don't believe he said.

w

Moves
09 Jan 16
6 edits

I believe you need to reviw what he said. As I understood him, he believes the expansion of the universe causes an exponential change in space time as it doubles in distance. This allows the days on earth to remain normal days, so mankind began less than 6,000 years ago, which is his belief as a Jew according to the Jewish calendar.

The expansion of the ...[text shortened]... e how he comes up with the earth being 4 billion or so years old, since i don't believe he said.
It is his belief that "mankind" began when God breathed his spirit man into him called neshamah in Hebrew in the Biblical text which means a "soul life".

It is his speculation that the physical aspect of mankind had already been prepared for this special event, allowing for "human like" creatures to have existed before hand.

The premise of his book is, God used the material universe to construct his creation, hence man was made from the dust of the earth.

Notice in Genesis God speaks to the waters to create life, and then speaks to the creatures in the waters to bring forth life onto the land. God is not just popping things into existence, rather, he is crafting them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jan 16
2 edits

It is his belief that "mankind" began when God breathed his spirit man into him called neshamah in Hebrew in the Biblical text which means a "soul life".

It is his speculation that the physical aspect of mankind had already been prepared for this special event, allowing for "human like" creatures to have existed before hand.

The premise of his book is, ...[text shortened]... life onto the land. God is not just popping things into existence, rather, he is crafting them.
He must not be very clear then if we disagree on what he said. I believe Ken Ham explains Genesi much more clearer so we can both understand it. Look and listen:

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Jan 16

God is not just popping things into existence, rather, he is crafting them.
not "crafted" very well though!

he could have done something really artistic with the stars but instead we just get randomness

and Man is very badly designed - look at all the physical flaws!

and the planet! shoddy work! deserts and wilderness. too much water. extreme seasons.

It is all a mess - no craft.

w

Moves
09 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

he could have done something really artistic with the stars but instead we just get randomness

and the planet! shoddy work! deserts and wilderness. too much water. extreme seasons.

Mars is probably saying the same thing about you. 😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

David had a different view of God and himself than you do.
The following is what he wrote in one of his Psalms:

Psalm 139:13-16 NASB

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jan 16
2 edits

Mars is probably saying the same thing about you. 😵
It is a shame that wolfgang59 was so poorly made isn't it? Perhaps that was a result of the sins of his parents. Who knows? Maybe that is why he calls himself an infidel and I call myself ...

The Near Genius 😏

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD !!!
Holy! Holy! Holy!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 16

The highlights are, the Hebrew terminology used to describe the passage of time in the first 6 days is different from anywhere else in the Bible. Night and day can be translated into "chaos" and "order" according to ancient rabbinical translators. The literal Hebrew is not meant to be translated into a literal day. Again, this was all conjectured in the pr ...[text shortened]... similar to the rest of the text.

To sum up, the error is the translated Hebrew, not the text.
Okay, new to me.
Thanks

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Okay, new to me.
Thanks
But you won't change your beliefs if the text we all read in our KJB or others is totally wrong.

But in such a case, I wonder what your rational will be for not believing the original text did not say what we think it says?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
But you won't change your beliefs if the text we all read in our KJB or others is totally wrong.

But in such a case, I wonder what your rational will be for not believing the original text did not say what we think it says?
I was just shown something new, do you always immediately change your views as soon
as something new comes your way? I have not even validated his claims yet, or looked at
his video, sheesh sonhouse pull your head out, and give me a break. I've already
acknowledged that those that do believe in the gap theory could right and I'm wrong. This
would be no different, just because it is new to me does not mean it is correct or wrong.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Jan 16

Humphrey's theory included the possibility of a white hole ( opposite of a black hole ) but I watched him in an interview and as with any theory he admitted that his theory was not perfect and could have flaws .......I think for creationist sometimes they jump on some crazy theory and ignore physics and laws to prove that the earth is young .....however if God is just and true and not a deceiver then the universe may well be very old it's either that or all of the known physics and laws and fundamental forces would be different and we'd have to throw them out the window

Manny
PS I think that creationist should always start from the premise that God is not a deceiver so then our understanding must be wrong

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
I was just shown something new, do you always immediately change your views as soon
as something new comes your way? I have not even validated his claims yet, or looked at
his video, sheesh sonhouse pull your head out, and give me a break. I've already
acknowledged that those that do believe in the gap theory could right and I'm wrong. This
would be no different, just because it is new to me does not mean it is correct or wrong.
Ok, fair enough.