1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 12:361 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Is that a yes, you will read my mind know what I want and why I'm doing it and post it for me?
    To realize that you are dabbling in pseudoscience only in so far as it provides you with confirmation bias for your belief in supernatural causality is not something that takes 'mind reading'. Nor does it take 'mind reading' to understand why you don't want to discuss it on a forum dedicated to science but instead air it on a forum where you can witter on about any superstitious notion you may happen to have. There is no 'mind reading' involved.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 13:434 edits
    @fmf said
    To realize that you are dabbling in pseudoscience only in so far as it provides you with confirmation bias for your belief in supernatural causality is not something that takes 'mind reading'. Nor does it take 'mind reading' to understand why you don't want to discuss it on a forum dedicated to science but instead air it on a forum where you can witter on about any superstitious notion you may happen to have. There is no 'mind reading' involved.
    If you want to post it and give me credit go for it. Otherwise you post what you want where and so will I.

Maybe someone there can talk for you, or maybe you should use your mind reading abilities and just know what they will say!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 14:29
    @kellyjay said
    If you want to post it and give me credit go for it. Otherwise you post what you want where and so will I.

Maybe someone there can talk for you, or maybe you should use your mind reading abilities and just know what they will say!
    "Mind reading" what? What are you on about?

"Post it"? Post what?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 14:38
    @fmf said
    "Mind reading" what? What are you on about?

"Post it"? Post what?
    You don’t follow conversations well.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 14:52
    @kellyjay said

Short answer to your question, because they don't want it acknowledge the possibility. Even talking about this stuff gets some feathers ruffled and accusations start flying.
    I don’t think you really understand the implications of what you are saying here. For your worldview to be correct, nearly every scientific field is wrong. Not just wrong, spectacularly wrong. Physics, Chemistry and biology - all wrong. The entire foundations of mankind’s knowledge and understanding of the universe is wrong. Countless scientists from all nations and all faiths have been barking up the wrong tree for the last few thousand years. I don’t know about you, but to me that is a pretty wild, incredible, far fetched scenario. As I’ve said on this forum many times - ‘extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence’. You’re gonna have to come up with something better than ‘because they don't want it acknowledge the possibility’.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 14:58
    @kellyjay said
    You don’t follow conversations well.
    There is no 'mind reading' needed.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 15:011 edit
    @proper-knob said
    I don’t think you really understand the implications of what you are saying here. For your worldview to be correct, nearly every scientific field is wrong. Not just wrong, spectacularly wrong. Physics, Chemistry and biology - all wrong. The entire foundations of mankind’s knowledge and understanding of the universe is wrong. Countless scientists from all nations and all f ...[text shortened]... have to come up with something better than ‘because they don't want it acknowledge the possibility’.
    Seems likely that it's a side effect of adhering to "salvation by faith" theology:

Thing are true simply because you believe that they are true. The more fervent the faith, the truer the belief. As such they are not open to reason.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 15:02
    @proper-knob said
    I don’t think you really understand the implications of what you are saying here. For your worldview to be correct, nearly every scientific field is wrong. Not just wrong, spectacularly wrong. Physics, Chemistry and biology - all wrong. The entire foundations of mankind’s knowledge and understanding of the universe is wrong. Countless scientists from all nations and all f ...[text shortened]... have to come up with something better than ‘because they don't want it acknowledge the possibility’.
    You think truth is about how many believe something for a long time? Frankly if that were the case the world would be flat in the eyes of many, due to your reasoning the modern consensus would carry the day not truth.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 15:05
    @kellyjay said
    You think truth is about how many believe something for a long time? Frankly if that were the case the world would be flat in the eyes of many, due to your reasoning the modern consensus would carry the day not truth.
    How did mankind come to realize that the Earth is not flat?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 15:16
    @fmf said
    How did mankind come to realize that the Earth is not flat?
    Look it up
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 15:28
    @kellyjay said
    Look it up
    Do you consider gaining and spreading the knowledge that the Earth is not flat was progress for mankind?

Do you understand that thinking the Earth is only 6,000 or so years old sounds like thinking the Earth is flat?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 18:11
    @fmf said
    Do you consider gaining and spreading the knowledge that the Earth is not flat was progress for mankind?

Do you understand that thinking the Earth is only 6,000 or so years old sounds like thinking the Earth is flat?
    I think truth is the most important thing there is not feelings, not consensus, not human authority, or pet theories! If we discover something new that should be celebrated, if we discover something we thought was true isn’t, that too should be as vigorous celebrated because our knowledge has improved.

Keeping the status quo isn’t the goal and through time it never has been when comes to real science.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 00:49
    Responses to Who Designed the Designer?

Jay Richards

YouTube
    (Two minutes)

William Lane Craig (responding to Richard Dawkins)

YouTube
    (five minutes)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 00:53
    @kellyjay said
    If we discover something new that should be celebrated, if we discover something we thought was true isn’t, that too should be as vigorous celebrated because our knowledge has improved.
    "If we discover something new that should be celebrated"? How does this square with believing the Earth is only 6,000 or so years old?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 00:57
    @FMF

Stephen Meyer responds to Arguments against Improbability in Teleological Argument.

Stephen Meyer Critiques Richard Dawkins's "Mount Improbable" Illustration

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree