1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 09:27
    @velns said
    Let me just read again what you have written here..

I asked you if the OT scriptures sanctioning homosexuality and explicitly detailing its punishment were still applicable today.

And you have replied:

“The ones that were not explicitly said as unimportant in the New Testament”

Does your reply even make sense? Is it deliberately obscure and incomprehensible ...[text shortened]... estament scriptures which condemn homosexuality and detail it’s punishment ARE applicable today?[/b]
    I have already explained the difference but you think you have a point, so you do not listen.

The instruction to kill homosexuals was for the nation of Israel. It was not an instruction for everyone in general.

If you cannot accept that explanation, then that is your problem, not mine.

The important thing to know is that homosexuality is a sin and reflects s heart in rebellion to God, even if the person was born that way. Paul dealt with predestination in Romans.

You are just going to have to lump it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 09:591 edit
    @eladar said
    I have already explained the difference but you think you have a point, so you do not listen.

The instruction to kill homosexuals was for the nation of Israel. It was not an instruction for everyone in general.

The important thing to know is that homosexuality is a sin and reflects s heart in ...[text shortened]... born that way. Paul dealt with predestination in Romans.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I will continue to love my neighbor as I love myself, and if you don't like it, you'll have to "lump it".

I have far, far more of a problem with liars and con men than I do with homosexuals. Homosexuals can still have a love of God and their neighbor. Liars and con men have no love of God or their neighbor. Oh, they'll tell you they do, but that's why they're called liars. They lie.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 11:09
    @suzianne said
    I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I will continue to love my neighbor as I love myself, and if you don't like it, you'll have to "lump it".

I have far, far more of a problem with liars and con men than I do with homosexuals. Homosexuals can still have a love of God and their neighbor. Liars and con men have no love of God or their neighbor. Oh, they'll tell you they do, but that's why they're called liars. They lie.
    You can love your neighbor by teaching your neighbor how to go to hell all you like.
  4. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 19:28
    @eladar said

The important thing to know is that homosexuality is a sin and reflects s heart in ...[text shortened]... born that way. Paul dealt with predestination in Romans.

You seem to be backpedaling on what the Old Testament says about homosexuality in that you want to hold onto the OT claims that it is a sin, but walk back from the punishment given in the same time period. If the punishment is no longer applicable then the crime isn’t either.

You cannot have it both ways Eladar.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 19:44
    @velns said
    You seem to be backpedaling on what the Old Testament says about homosexuality in that you want to hold onto the OT claims that it is a sin, but walk back from the punishment given in the same time period. If the punishment is no longer applicable then the crime isn’t either.

In both the Old and New Testament writings homosexuality is a sin. However, under Christ it has been downgraded to a minor offence, as are all sins of a sexual nature. The big sins now are greed, selfishness and lack of charity and brotherly love especially to the poor and needy. This fact which is ignored by church Christians can easily be proven from the teachings of Christ.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 20:15
    @rajk999 said
    In both the Old and New Testament writings homosexuality is a sin. However, under Christ it has been downgraded to a minor offence, as are all sins of a sexual nature. The big sins now are greed, selfishness and lack of charity and brotherly love especially to the poor and needy. This fact which is ignored by church Christians can easily be proven from the teachings of Christ.
    Can you please show me the scripture about now sexual immorality is a minor sin?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 20:16
    @velns said

I am not backpedaling at all. Perhaps you misunderstood what I wrote. Reading meaning into words based on your own prejudice is common ed enough.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 20:222 edits
    @eladar said
    Can you please show me the scripture about now sexual immorality is a minor sin?
    I never said it was a minor sin, I said minor offence. I never said there was any scripture, I said it can be easily proven from the scripture. You might want to read over this what you wrote ... Reading meaning into words based on your own prejudice is common ed enough.

I have no desire to educate you, but I point you to the teachings of Christ and see where he focussed his teachings. Chrsit focus was more on good works and less on sins. Sins of a sexual nature were hardly mentioned if at all. Charity and generosity was the key to eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Read it.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '21 20:38
    @rajk999 said
    I never said it was a minor sin, I said minor offence. I never said there was any scripture, I said it can be easily proven from the scripture. You might want to read over this what you wrote ... Reading meaning into words based on your own prejudice is common ed enough.

I have no desire to educate you, but I point you to the teachings of Christ and see where he ...[text shortened]... ioned if at all. Charity and generosity was the key to eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Read it.
    So it is your opinion, without scripture, got it.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 04:00
    @rajk999 said
    I was with this right up to "ignored by church Christians". Now I don't know if you were abused by a Catholic priest (God forbid you should have an actual testimony), but churches are not the evil you believe them to be. I've been going to an Episcopal church (bracing for the insults) for 20 years. It's the person who makes excuses, not the church they go to (bracing for "they're ALL bad" ).
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 04:08
    @eladar said
    You can love your neighbor by teaching your neighbor how to go to hell all you like.
    Sorry, that's your jam, not mine.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 05:42
    @eladar said
    So it is your opinion, without scripture, got it.
    Except he's right. I've been telling you this for a while now, but you don't listen because you think you're right about everything. Spend a minute and analyze what's wrong with your framing of Christianity, if you can.
  13. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 07:30
    @eladar said
    I am not backpedaling at all. Perhaps you misunderstood what I wrote. Reading meaning into words based on your own prejudice is common ed enough.
    Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 10:33
    @suzianne said
    I was with this right up to "ignored by church Christians". Now I don't know if you were abused by a Catholic priest (God forbid you should have an actual testimony), but churches are not the evil you believe them to be. I've been going to an Episcopal church (bracing for the insults) for 20 years. It's the person who makes excuses, not the church they go to (bracing for "they're ALL bad" ).
    You are kind of a stupid woman, and everytime you write I have agree with Paul that most women should just shut up in public. Nobody has to be abused by anyone to see that many Christian churches are corrupt, and their doctrine is mostly false and contrary to the teachings of Christ.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 10:42
    @velns said
    Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
    I did, but your bias got in the way of understanding. I get a lot of crap from bigots around here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree