1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 19:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I get confused with the christian notions of paradise and heaven. Which one is it?
    My understanding of heaven is that is it not comparable to anything in the 3 dimensional world.As for paradise on Earth I think its a pipe dream.
    How can these scriptures mean anything else then it being on the earth? Read them carefully.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How can these scriptures mean anything else then it being on the earth? Read them carefully.
    "Heaven (the sky) and Earth shall pass away, but my words shall never pass away".
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:55
    Originally posted by duecer
    conversely, they have nothing to judge against, so you can be aweful and they won't know the difference😛
    Ouch!

You are onto me!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:56
    No no. You tell me. I'll take your word for it🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 23:06
    No no. You tell me. I'll take your word for it🙂
    do you think that the earth has the potential to become a paradise Karoly?
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 03:10
    This is one of the issues I have no beef with the JW's on. Is the earth being restored/recreated or whatever term fits. The book of revelation says God will create a new heavens & a new earth.

Manny
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 06:351 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do you think that the earth has the potential to become a paradise Karoly?
    I think it has the potential, dear friend, but I do not think it is the point. We should be trying to get to 'heaven' .While we are alive.
  8. England
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 09:05
    Is it a sin to lose your virginity? How else would the human race procreate? We cant all be immaculately concieved.
    if out side of a life long comitment, yes. inside no, god knows the sin is not the act of sex but the fornifacation of the heart. adam and eve had sex, then after eve died he marryed again her name escapes me at moment. sorry for taking time to reply.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:43
    Originally posted by daniel58
    "Heaven (the sky) and Earth shall pass away, but my words shall never pass away".
    This and a couple other scriptures that have the same thought are refering to a cleansing of the heavens and the earth of wickedness.
    Ecl 1:4 says: "the earth will stand to times indefinite".
    Rev 12:12 sheds light on the heavenly cleaning.
    Armegeddon and the envitual killing of Satan with finally cleanse the earth of all wickedness.
    Rev 21:1 mentions this but if this were to be taken litteral then it says the "sea" would be no more.. The earth has to have it's oceans to support life on this planet. So this has to mean something else then the physical earth and heavens being destroyed. And this heaven it is speaking of is the heaven that God and all the spirit creatures reside in, not the air in our atmosphere. Read these scriptures in more detail.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:49
    This and a couple other scriptures that have the same thought are refering to a cleansing of the heavens and the earth of wickedness.
    Ecl 1:4 says: "the earth will stand to times indefinite".
    Rev 12:12 sheds light on the heavenly cleaning.
    Armegeddon and the envitual killing of Satan with finally cleanse the earth of all wickedness.
    Rev 21:1 me ...[text shortened]... t creatures reside in, not the air in our atmosphere. Read these scriptures in more detail.
    What about the Ascension? Christ ascended into Heaven, and since God is in Heaven and we will spend all eternity with Him than that must mean we will go to Heaven.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:30
    What about the Ascension? Christ ascended into Heaven, and since God is in Heaven and we will spend all eternity with Him than that must mean we will go to Heaven.
    Daniel..the earth was created and designed for man to live on. Nothing has ever changed God's plan for that. Ps 37:29 & 155:16 are just a couple more scriptures for you.
    Not one person before Jesus came to earth ever had the slightest thought of going to heaven after they died. They all believed in an earthly resurrection. Read all the accounts of the ones God favored before Jesus came to earth and you'll not find one quote of them expecting to go to heaven after they died.
    But when Jesus told of a new promise of a heavenly life he was only talking of a small number or little flock that would be serving as judges and priest with him. I asked you this before but if all "good" humans go to heaven to do this work with Jesus, who would they be judges and priest over if the earth is destroyed? It would have to be all the rest of mankind on this earth where we are supposed to be. Again go back to those scriptures I quoted at the beginning of this post. They could only apply to living on this earth as humans..not heaven.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 20:47
    Daniel..the earth was created and designed for man to live on. Nothing has ever changed God's plan for that. Ps 37:29 & 155:16 are just a couple more scriptures for you.
    Not one person before Jesus came to earth ever had the slightest thought of going to heaven after they died. They all believed in an earthly resurrection. Read all the accounts of the ...[text shortened]... beginning of this post. They could only apply to living on this earth as humans..not heaven.
    The world is going to end (namely time) then Christ will come down with the judges (as you said) and that will be The Last Judgement, then the bad will go to hell, and the good will rise up and go to Heaven.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 23:37
    The world is going to end (namely time) then Christ will come down with the judges (as you said) and that will be The Last Judgement, then the bad will go to hell, and the good will rise up and go to Heaven.
    So you really mean none of those scriptures mean nothing to you about the earth? Do the Catholics just block them out and refuse to understand them? It must be as a Catholic Priest personally told me one time, that he persionally never uses the book of Revelation in his sermons because it was too confusing and the Catholics didn't know how to explain it all. So is this a common practice? If you don't understand a scripture or in this case many, many scriptures you just play like there not there?
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 01:10
    Not all Catholics are idiots. Also some are very versed in the scriptures so I would not make quick judgments about Catholics.

Manny
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Not all Catholics are idiots. Also some are very versed in the scriptures so I would not make quick judgments about Catholics.

Manny
    Ok I did not mean to insult them. Sorry. But their teachings then..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree