1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '17 20:56
    Originally posted by @js357
    "... I don't see anyone's
    explanation as viable when looking at what needed to happen, from the start of life to it's beginning, then as remarkable thriving and surviving throughout time. "

In any version of existence where beings exist that ponder their existence, there will be some who think that they are really so special that they are the apple of a creator-god's eye. It's only natural.
    You know that how? What is only natural is worth pondering.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Oct '17 22:09
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    No, I said what I wanted to say.
    Well, methinks what you said applies to you and to the persons who share the same religious beliefs with you.
    As regards this scarab, his cart is non-existent, and instead of a horse he has a bull who now enjoys a rest; barefooted and naked on breast, he mingles with the people of the world.
    Namaste😵
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 06:26
    You know that how? What is only natural is worth pondering.
    Ponder (investigate) something that seems unnatural deeply enough, and sooner or later its regularities will be condensed into natural secular laws. That's why God uses miracles to remind us that He's there. Or at least that's why ancient storytellers inserted them into scripture.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 09:41
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Well, methinks what you said applies to you and to the persons who share the same religious beliefs with you.
    As regards this scarab, his cart is non-existent, and instead of a horse he has a bull who now enjoys a rest; barefooted and naked on breast, he mingles with the people of the world.
    Namaste😵
    You may think that, but I believe we are all creatures of faith, we just put our faith into
    different things.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 09:50
    Originally posted by @js357
    Ponder (investigate) something that seems unnatural deeply enough, and sooner or later its regularities will be condensed into natural secular laws. That's why God uses miracles to remind us that He's there. Or at least that's why ancient storytellers inserted them into scripture.
    I agree with you on the point that in scripture God does tend to do things in such as way
    that the natural world wouldn't really allow for. Speaking all of the universe into being out
    of nothing but the power of His Word, Abraham having a child in his old age, Jesus being
    born of a virgin, and so on. I don't think they were inserted into scripture, I think they were
    there because they were what God did, for the reasons it does keep His works apart
    from our 'natural' world views.

Suggesting these things couldn't have happen, because they were not natural, just
    assumes God isn't real, or able to, even if He were real.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 19:05
    Why should anyone give bible scripture any importance at all when trying to understand reality, when trying to figure out what is true and what is not?

Reveal Hidden Content
    Oh, I'm sure the bible will tell me!
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 09:52
    You may think that, but I believe we are all creatures of faith, we just put our faith into
    different things.
    I understand what exactly you believe and I respect your opinion, but your beliefs apply to you, not to me. I explained you in detail by what exact means I do not put faith in anything, and although you cannot refuse this is indeed the case as regards me, you keep up trying to paint my way of thinking with your false assumption that "I put faith in different things" than you, when it is crystal clear and beyond refutation the fact I do not live the way you think!
    Why is that?
    😵
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 10:03
    I understand what exactly you believe and I respect your opinion, but your beliefs apply to you, not to me. I explained you in detail by what exact means I do not put faith in anything, and although you cannot refuse this is indeed the case as regards me, you keep up trying to paint my way of thinking with your false assumption that "I put faith in dif ...[text shortened]... crystal clear and beyond refutation the fact I do not live the way you think!
    Why is that?
    😵
    As we have gone over before, you paint the world the way you think it is true as do I, and
    we both come from different foundations due to what we are putting our faith in. You put
    your faith in the conclusions in what you have drawn from just looking at the material
    world, which suggests to me this is where you think all of the answers are. I don't, believe
    what we see is clearly where all of the answers are. So regardless of what it is we are
    looking at, we are looking at something, because we believe we are getting what is
    required. I don't think that because you think you can see better in a place means that is
    where the answers are, and other places are void of answers.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:37
    As we have gone over before, you paint the world the way you think it is true as do I, and
    we both come from different foundations due to what we are putting our faith in. You put
    your faith in the conclusions in what you have drawn from just looking at the material
    world, which suggests to me this is where you think all of the answers are. I don't, bel ...[text shortened]... ee better in a place means that is
    Edit: “As we have gone over before, you paint the world the way you think it is true as do I, and we both come from different foundations due to what we are putting our faith in.”

No. I do not perceive the world the way you perceive it. For example, you are a Creationist, I am not. Our foundations are different because your way is faith, while mine is the evaluation of the mind. I do not put faith in anything😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:38
    world, which suggests to me this is where you think all of the answers are. I don't, bel ...[text shortened]... ee better in a place means that is
    Edit: “You put your faith in the conclusions in what you have drawn from just looking at the material world, which suggests to me this is where you think all of the answers are.”

No I don’t put my faith in my conclusions, and my conclusions are not drawn from just looking at the material world because I am aware of the fact that the material world we perceive is mind-depended.
    Also, I explained you that my (rooted on the evaluation of the mind, not rooted on blind beliefs) conclusions and knowledge as regards everything, are provisional😵
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:39
    Edit: “I don't, believe what we see is clearly where all of the answers are.”

This is vague. Some cases are settled herenow, some are not😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:41
    Edit: “So regardless of what it is we are looking at, we are looking at something, because we believe we are getting what is required.”

This is your approach, not mine. When I conduct the evaluation of the mind, I do not do so because I believe that I will get what is "required". I conduct the evaluation of the mind in order to get to know what gives regarding a specific issue. The result of my evaluation is neither grounded on faith, nor a product of wishful thinking. It is always a provisional knowledge herenow about the specific case I happen to analyze. In this provisional knowledge of mine, there is no faith😵
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:43
    Edit: “I don't think that because you think you can see better in a place means that is where the answers are, and other places are void of answers.”

This is vague. Some cases are settled herenow, some are not. This ain’t mean I put faith in anything. It also ain’t mean that a viable scientific theory of reality is grounded on faith, as you falsely assume.

I have the impression you try constantly to demonstrate that everything we happen to know under any circumstances is grounded strictly on faith, and thus prove that the faith on G-d (as this entity is conceived by the Scripture, that is) is superior than every other kind of faith (on science, etc., etc.) –but this assumption is false😵
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 13:36
    Edit: “You put your faith in the conclusions in what you have drawn from just looking at the material world, which suggests to me this is where you think all of the answers are.”

No I don’t put my faith in my conclusions, and my conclusions are not drawn from just looking at the material world because I am aware of the fact that the material world w ...[text shortened]... not rooted on blind beliefs) conclusions and knowledge as regards everything, are provisional😵
    It’s the whole process, you are looking at what you think has the answers, evaluating it with what you think will reveal what you want to know, then accepting it as close to truth you can get.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 14:07
    It’s the whole process, you are looking at what you think has the answers, evaluating it with what you think will reveal what you want to know, then accepting it as close to truth you can get.
    This is not the case. Your process and mine are different.

When I conduct the evaluation of the mind as regards everything, I conduct systematic observation and I evaluate the given measurements and experiments as regards the issue I happen to study.
    I also observe the formulation, the differ methods of testing and the modification of the theories of reality that are related to the object of the evaluation of my mind.
    The products per se of my evaluation is not something I care about, since I have no agenda to justify any view of mine, because all the views I have herenow are provisional. Therefore, whatever I get, I hold it as provisional herenow and I re-evaluate all the data constantly.
    Where exactly in this process of mine do you see that I put faith in anything?
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree