Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

If you don't want to answer the question "Have you ceased from evil?" then how about answering this one of mine?

Will there be a time in the future that you will have totally ceased from evil?
(I do not mean death or non-existence).

You see by faith I believe the Lord's words when He walked the earth.

You shall be perfect even as your heaven ...[text shortened]... gh Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (Eph. 1:3,4) [/b]
Matthew 5
20“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 13
47“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet cast into the sea, and gathering fish of every kind;48and when it was filled, they drew it up on the beach; and they sat down and gathered the good fish into containers, but the bad they threw away. 49“So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

John 5
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Connect the dots jaywill. See if you can hear what Jesus is saying. It's simple and straightforward, though you'll probably need to turn down the volume on what you call "THE gospel".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19
3 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Matthew 5
20“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

There is no contradiction. It means that only those who are thus transformed enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

All saved individuals eventually enter in when the conformation process is completed before the age of eternity.

Some enter in in timely way.
Others enter in late.
All who are saved will enter in.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

ToO,

Matthew 13
47“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet cast into the sea, and gathering fish of every kind;48and when it was filled, they drew it up on the beach; and they sat down and gathered the good fish into containers, but the bad they threw away. 49“So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There is no contradiction here either.
The dragnet parable is exactly the parabolic equivalent of Matthew 25:32-46.

That is a judgment not upon those who responded to the Gospel preached by the church during the church age. That is a separation of those alive on earth when Jesus sets down again on the earth. From the living nations those who will be brought in to the millennial kingdom to be reigned over by the sons of God will be set apart from those who are to go to the lake of fire.

The criteria there has to do with how they treated the Lord's brothers down to the least of them during the great tribulation. Followers of antichrist will worship him as god and persecute the people of God. And those who did not follow antichrist but who are not His brothers are saved from damnation and inherit the kingdom prepared as it was intended before Adam fell. That is a kingdom "from the foundation of the world".

The sons of God who are rewarded during the millennium reign over these ones. And their portion is not from the foundation of the world but "before the foundation of the world" (Eph. 1:4,5) .

This is brief now. But I have explained this before on this Forum more than once in years past.

When the Bible says that the sons of God reign, it does not mean that they reign over each other. There must be some who receive mercy to be the restored nations over which the sons of God are to reign.

This is true during the millennium. This is also to be true in eternity.
Adam was innocent, neutral, very good but was not born of God.
Nations will be transferred into the next ages which are restored to the state Adam was from the foundation of the world. The sons of God will reign over them and they will be healed and restored to Adam's pre-fall state.

This is BRIEF. But I have explained it before. And there is no contradiction to my previous post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19
3 edits

ToO,

John 5
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

There is no contradiction here either. But this post is long enough.

Connect the dots jaywill. See if you can hear what Jesus is saying. It's simple and straightforward, though you'll probably need to turn down the volume on what you call "THE gospel".

You are incorrect.
For example - in Matthew 25:31-46 not two groups are mentioned, but three.

1.) The saved sheep
2.) The condemned goats.
3.) The Lord's brothers down to the least of them.

Groups 1 and 2 are judged according to their treatment of group 3.

And in the john 5 passage there are two groups.
1 those resurrected before the millennium in the "resurrection of life" which is for the good of coming to Christ.
2 those resurrected after the millennium in the "resurrection of judgment" for the evil of rejecting Christ.

This is confirmed in Revelation 20:4,5.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@sonship said
ToO,

John 5

There is no contradiction here either. But this post is long enough.

[quote]
Connect th ...[text shortened]... f judgment"[/b] for the evil of rejecting Christ.

This is confirmed in Revelation 20:4,5.
C'mon jaywill. Connecting the dots would entail reading the three passages within context of each other. What you've done in your posts here amounts to you square pegging the words spoken by Jesus into the the gospel in which you believe. So what? I've been pointing out that the gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

No wonder you can't hear Jesus' voice. You can only hear the "gospel" in which you believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19

@ThinkOfOne

I am not connecting your Humanist dots.
I am letting Scripture interpret itself for the most part.

Sure, one with your secretive Atheist view of the so called "De-Mythasized Christ" has dots to connect like anyone else.

I'm not interested in those dots or their connections.
Paul's Gospel is the Gospel.

You have an antichrist thing going there behind all your "C'mons".
You're preaching "another Jesus".

There's no rule that a heretic can't also be an amiable fellow.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

I am not connecting your Humanist dots.
I am letting Scripture interpret itself for the most part.

Sure, one with your secretive Atheist view of the so called "De-Mythasized Christ" has dots to connect like anyone else.

I'm not interested in those dots or their connections.

You have an antichrist thing going th ...[text shortened]... eaching "another Jesus".

There's no rule that a heretic can't also be an amiable fellow.

Exactly my point. For you "Paul's Gospel is the Gospel".

While He walked the Earth, Jesus preached a very different gospel. You don't believe Jesus' gospel. You believe "Paul's gospel".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

But your point is not true.

While He walked the Earth, Jesus preached a very different gospel. You don't believe Jesus' gospel. You believe "Paul's gospel".

While He was ascended in Heaven He continued His ministry on the earth through the apostles exactly as He stated He would - while walking on earth.

I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak and He will declare to you the things that are coming.

He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will declare it to you." (John 16:12-15)

I rejoice that the Apostle John left no crucial word of Jesus unrecorded for the church.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19
2 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

But your point is not true.

While He was ascended in Heaven He continued His ministry on the earth through the apostles exactl ...[text shortened]... [/quote]

I rejoice that the Apostle John left no crucial word of Jesus unrecorded for the church.
The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

You disingenuously ignore what Jesus explicitly states in the gospel preached by Him while He walked the Earth and square peg the words spoken by Jesus into the the gospel in which you believe. You don't care what Jesus actually says or doesn't say. You disingenuously take His words and devise a narrative of your own making.

No wonder you can't hear Jesus' voice. You can only hear the "gospel" in which you believe.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Mar 19

My Jesus can beat up your Jesus.

T

Moves
09 Mar 19

@bigdoggproblem said
My Jesus can beat up your Jesus.
Would that be Paul's Jesus or Jesus' Jesus?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
My Jesus is the one who laid the smack down on the money changers at the temple.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 19
6 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Paul's Gospel is THE Gospel.

Peter's Gospel is THE Gospel.

John's Gospel is THE Gospel.

But especially Paul, author of some 13 the New Testament's 27 books.
The Apostle Paul - author of the EARLIEST written words in the New Testament document about Jesus and what He taught.

The Epistles of Paul were written before the four Gospels were written.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
That would be the Jesus who said he was sent by God.

The words of Jesus...

While he was on Earth...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Mar 19

@thinkofone said

The cool thing about the Jesus of the Bible we believe in, He not only walked the earth, He was raised from the dead, and now is seated at the right of God in Heaven. The Son of God, the Son of man interceding for us right now. The Jesus you preach about is alive or dead right now?