1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 10:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    There is only one thing that matters, are we right with God through Jesus
    Christ? If so you will have the Spirit of God in you leading you in your life,
    the rest of the stuff will work itself out, as important and unimportant. I will
    muse about things of little to no worth, so will you.
    Kelly
    Are you saying that the difference between Grampy Bobby's belief about salvation and your belief about salvation, theologically speaking, is "unimportant"?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 10:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you saying that the difference between Grampy Bobby's belief about salvation and your belief about salvation, theologically speaking, is "unimportant"?
    Sure, the only important thing is Jesus Christ, not me.
    Kelly
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26) When you believe in Christ, you enter into a new, personal relationship with God; a relationship beginning in time and a member of His family forever.

"And I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:28) ...[text shortened]... ate security is God's unconditional promise of eternal life. God's perfection is your guarantee.
    Cherry picking.
    Use your whole Bible
    Use your whole head
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:06
    Sure, the only important thing is Jesus Christ, not me.
    Kelly
    And yet the difference between Grampy Bobby's theology of salvation and your theology of salvation makes them seem like completely different religions. Is your version the correct one?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet the difference between Grampy Bobby's theology of salvation and your theology of salvation makes them seem like completely different religions. Is your version the correct one?
    It is Jesus Christ as no one comes to the Father except through Him, period.
    So I'm telling you to not worry about my "theology" and just concern
    yourself with the person Jesus Christ. I can be in error on many topics
    while He died, and rose from the dead for us. If you have Him and are
    walking in the Spirit of God the rest will work itself out. If you do not have
    Jesus Christ, and are not walking in the Spirit of God, I don't care what
    your "theology" is, it will fail.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:19
    If you do not have Jesus Christ, and are not walking in the Spirit of God, I don't care what your "theology" is, it will fail.
    It's not my theology. It's Grampy Bobby's theology. He said "If you've believed in Christ in a moment of time you're a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family". Does Grampy Bobby's theology "fail"?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Have you considered the claims of Christ?

Originally posted by FMF
    I was an adult Christian for 28 years. But I no longer subscribe to the claims made about Christ.

If you've believed in Christ in a moment of time you're a permanent member of Christ ...[text shortened]... ? If this is what happens to them, are they still "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family"?
    According to Christian doctrine (not theology, which is the study of God), salvation is a matter of two "actions," although each of these can be drilled down into finer more technical details.

Salvation itself is a redemption from one state into another state; from a slave market into freedom and all that each entail.
    In order for said redemption to be efficacious, the trade must be equitable--- of at least equal to, if not greater in value than the debt.

The first required action is that which has been done by the Lord Jesus Christ, the work He performed on the Cross.
    The second action is the acceptance (faith) of man: he accepts the work done on the Cross as though it is his work, exchanging his work for the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

As stated, there is more to it than that in terms of technical aspects, but this is what is taught in Scripture on a broad scope.

Those who espouse a need for other work may be very sincere, but their interpretation of Scripture is single-minded without considering the mosaic of the whole picture.

If I can do nothing for my salvation other than accept the gift, whatever glory can be had goes to the gift giver.
    If my salvation is dependent upon my work, I can share in the glory of my redemption.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    According to Christian doctrine (not theology, which is the study of God), salvation is a matter of two "actions," although each of these can be drilled down into finer more technical details.

Salvation itself is a redemption from one state into another state; from a slave market into freedom and all that each entail.
    In order for said redemption to be ...[text shortened]... ft giver.
    If my salvation is dependent upon my work, I can share in the glory of my redemption.
    Are the assertions Grampy Bobby made to me ~ the ones quoted in the OP, plus his additional assertions on page 1 ~ correct or incorrect? Am I "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" on the strength of the fact I "believed in Christ in a moment of time" and "[Having] believed in Christ, [I] cannot lose [my] salvation" ~ is this correct according to your Christian beliefs?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:13
    So I'm telling you to not worry about my "theology" and just concern
    yourself with the person Jesus Christ.
    But isn't your "theology" simply an explanation of how you "concern yourself with the person Jesus Christ" and how you see salvation as being achieved? If you don't have a "theology" ~ or if you truly think I should not "worry" about what your "theology" is ~ how can you offer a coherent explanation of whether or not I am, as Grampy Bobby claims, "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" even though I am an unbeliever?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    ...Those who espouse a need for other work may be very sincere, but their interpretation of Scripture is single-minded without considering the mosaic of the whole picture....
    Utter bull.

Single-mindedness means focusing on one aspect of the whole picture.

Those who say faith only are single minded.
    Those who say works only are single minded.
    Those who say faith + works are not. Those are the Christians who have considered and understood the mosaic of the whole picture. Those who practice this faith + works doctrine and live it the way Christ did are the ones whose eternal life is secure.

Not every Tom, Prick and Dharry, who says Lord Lord will enter into the Kingdom of God.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    FMF does not appear to have endured in his faith. But he still has time to repent.
    yes a weak and watery Christian, luke warm and insipid.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    But isn't your "theology" simply an explanation of how you "concern yourself with the person Jesus Christ" and how you see salvation as being achieved? If you don't have a "theology" ~ or if you truly think I should not "worry" about what your "theology" is ~ how can you offer a coherent explanation of whether or not I am, as Grampy Bobby claims, "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" even though I am an unbeliever?
    I can tell you about Jesus Christ, but you need HIM not my views about
    Him.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:23
    I can tell you about Jesus Christ, but you need HIM not my views about
    Him.
    Kelly
    Grampy Bobby tells me that I am a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family and that I cannot lose my salvation now because I used to believe in Christ at one point in my life and despite the fact that I no longer do. Is Grampy Bobby right?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes a weak and watery Christian, luke warm and insipid.
    You didn't know me in the 1980s and 1990s.

What are your thoughts on Grampy Bobby's assertions as laid out on page 1 of this thread?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 12:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby tells me that I am a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family and that I cannot lose my salvation now because I used to believe in Christ at one point in my life and despite the fact that I no longer do. Is Grampy Bobby right?
    He can defend his own views.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree