1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 06:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Have you considered the claims of Christ?

Originally posted by FMF
    I was an adult Christian for 28 years. But I no longer subscribe to the claims made about Christ.

If you've believed in Christ in a moment of time you're a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family (adult, teen or infant).

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby on 31 March 2014
    [One's] soul is the invisible, incorporeal essence of the real person behind the nickname; that soul was imputed by God and will live forever at one of two addresses: faith alone in Christ alone, in Heaven; rejection of Christ, the Lake of Fire.

Grampy Bobby will perhaps run away from this question ~ or maybe he will surprise me. So the question is thrown open to all Christians or anyone else who wishes to comment:

According to Christian theology, can "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" [as Grampy Bobby puts it], after dying, be tortured in agony by burning flames for eternity? If this is what happens to them, are they still "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family"?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 06:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Have you considered the claims of Christ?

Originally posted by FMF
    I was an adult Christian for 28 years. But I no longer subscribe to the claims made about Christ.

If you've believed in Christ in a moment of time you're a permanent member of Christ ...[text shortened]... ? If this is what happens to them, are they still "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family"?
    No.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 07:18
    Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by FMF

If you've believed in Christ in a moment of time you're a permanent member of Christ ...[text shortened]... ? If this is what happens to them, are they still "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family"?
    "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26) When you believe in Christ, you enter into a new, personal relationship with God; a relationship beginning in time and a member of His family forever.

"And I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:28) Though all believers will fail, some more than others, God never abandons any of his children. Their position in Him is secure. The fact of His timely warning and intensive discipline attests to His love for His children. It's a permanent union.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities nor things present, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the unfailing love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39) Relationship with God is permanent. Once you've believed in Christ, you cannot lose your salvation. Your ultimate security is God's unconditional promise of eternal life. God's perfection is your guarantee.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:06
    But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

(Matthew 24:13 NKJV)
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:16
    Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by FMF

The only one's that are permanent members have their names written in the
    Book of life. There will be several going to hell, who mouth the words, but
    rejected Christ, those who loved their sins more than Christ who will burn in
    that ever lasting fire. Their judgment is as sure as it can be. Just as the grace
    and mercy of God is throughout all time, so will be His wrath.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:25
    FMF does not appear to have endured in his faith. But he still has time to repent.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:29
    Relationship with God is permanent. Once you've believed in Christ, you cannot lose your salvation. Your ultimate security is God's unconditional promise of eternal life. God's perfection is your guarantee.
    But you have said many times in the past that "unbelievers" will be tortured for eternity. As you know, in Christian terms, I am an "unbeliever". Now you say I "cannot lose [my] salvation"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The only one's that are permanent members have their names written in the
    Book of life. There will be several going to hell, who mouth the words, but
    rejected Christ, those who loved their sins more than Christ who will burn in
    that ever lasting fire. Their judgment is as sure as it can be. Just as the grace
    and mercy of God is throughout all time, so will be His wrath.
    Kelly
    If you disagree with Grampy Bobby, you ought to address him directly about his version of your Christian theology.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you disagree with Grampy Bobby, you ought to address him directly about his version of your Christian theology.
    To what purpose? My main thrust about faith isn't that I have to agree with
    every bit of doctrine with everyone else. Some points are worth debating,
    and many are not. Who is going to have their names found in the Book of
    Life we are all going to witness, you, me, and Grampy Bobby as well, not to
    mention every human being who ever lived. So discussing it now seems to
    me to be not worth the effort, the only real effort I see is pointing people
    to Jesus Christ, because without Christ all the other stuff is worthless.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 09:02
    To what purpose? My main thrust about faith isn't that I have to agree with
    every bit of doctrine with everyone else. Some points are worth debating,
    and many are not. Who is going to have their names found in the Book of
    Life we are all going to witness, you, me, and Grampy Bobby as well, not to
    mention every human being who ever lived. So discussing i ...[text shortened]... ointing people
    to Jesus Christ, because without Christ all the other stuff is worthless.
    Kelly
    So are you right about this or is Grampy Bobby right? He says, because I "believed in Christ in a moment of time" I am therefore "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" and I "cannot lose [my] salvation" even though I am an "unbeliever". Is he right?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 09:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    So are you right about this or is Grampy Bobby right? He says, because I "believed in Christ in a moment of time" I am therefore "a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family" and I "cannot lose [my] salvation" even though I am an "unbeliever". Is he right?
    Here is where I'll go with that, if you don't have Jesus Christ in your life, it
    does not matter! If you don't have the Spirit of God, you don't belong to God.
    All the rest is musing about things of little to no worth in my opinion.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 09:381 edit
    Here is where I'll go with that, if you don't have Jesus Christ in your life, it
    does not matter! If you don't have the Spirit of God, you don't belong to God.
    All the rest is musing about things of little to no worth in my opinion.
    You are saying Grampy Bobby is "musing about things of little to no worth"? Surely he is "musing" about the Christian theology of salvation and "eternal life" ~ hardly "things of little to no worth", surely?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 09:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    You never had any salvation to lose. The fact that you claim to have once believed in Christ is not enough to gain salvation. You must repent of your sins and be baptized by the Holy Spirit. As Christ said, "You must be born again."
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '14 09:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You never had any salvation to lose. The fact that you claim to have once believed in Christ is not enough to gain salvation. You must repent of your sins and be baptized by the Holy Spirit. As Christ said, "You must be born again."
    Like I said to Kelly, If you disagree with Grampy Bobby, you ought to address him directly about his version of your Christian theology. I started this thread to hear you Christians nut this key bit of theology out.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 10:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are saying Grampy Bobby is "musing about things of little to no worth"? Surely he is "musing" about the Christian theology of salvation and "eternal life" ~ hardly "things of little to no worth", surely?
    There is only one thing that matters, are we right with God through Jesus
    Christ? If so you will have the Spirit of God in you leading you in your life,
    the rest of the stuff will work itself out, as important and unimportant. I will
    muse about things of little to no worth, so will you.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree