1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Read over the post. I explained it.

We are saved from the sin which we inherited from Adam through the death of Christ. Christ death paid the ransom for us. That is what is meant by 'saved by grace'.

Christ death does not save everyone, neither does it automatically give everyone salvation who simply proclaims their faith in Christ.

So my counter qu ...[text shortened]... have faith, and then proceed to sin and do evil works and still get eternal life. Are you ?
    "I hope you are not saying that we can claim to have faith, and then proceed to sin and do evil works and still get eternal life. Are you?"

No.

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

What do you think it means?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so lets get this, a Christian is not required to do anything, he or she can sit and gather
    cobwebs while the very stones cry out and everything is fine and dandy, salvation
    assured! Is that it? Puts a whole new meaning on the term, self sacrifice.
    Thats how they fill the churches these days.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I hope you are not saying that we can claim to have faith, and then proceed to sin and do evil works and still get eternal life. Are you?"

No.

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now liv ...[text shortened]... ighteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

What do you think it means?[/b]
    It means Christ has fulfilled the Law of Moses.
    We are now under the Law of Christ.

If your faith is real then you will follow the commandments of Christ.
    You will have no problem, as Christ is truly within your heart and you will do good works.

However not everyone who proclaims their faith will follow Christ.
    The test / proof is in their works.

Christ will judge according to works.

Read Matt 25.

Or do you believe like Jaywill that Matt 25 has a totally different interpretation and does not apply to him.. 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:171 edit
    Thats how they fill the churches these days.
    its more than i can take, it really is, there is no relief, im gone, given over to despair.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:21
    actually Raj makes an excellent point, the Jesus in Me brigade have missed the point
    entirely, for while emphasising personal salvation, personal relationship and personal
    choice, they fail to understand that Christianity and the love demonstrated by the
    Christ is about self sacrifice and concern for other people, that is putting others
    interests ahead of ones own, it was never about self interest, never.
    "..,they fail to understand that Christianity and the love demonstrated by the
    Christ is about self sacrifice and concern for other people,.."

That's just propaganda talking.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:21
    its more than i can take, it really is, there is no relief, im gone, given over to despair.
    Its a sham really. It annoys me.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:272 edits
    [b]"..,they fail to understand that Christianity and the love demonstrated by the

That's just propaganda talking.[/b]
    you dont know anything, you have missed the point entirely, its like it bounced of the
    side of your head and reverberated out into the stratosphere,

(Ephesians 5:1-2) . . .Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, and
    go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved you and delivered himself up for
    you
    as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling odor.

how did Christ love, through self sacrifice, is that scriptural reference also
    propaganda, no, well, read it and learn something for once!
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:31
    It means Christ has fulfilled the Law of Moses.
    We are now under the Law of Christ.

If your faith is real then you will follow the commandments of Christ.
    You will have no problem, as Christ is truly within your heart and you will do good works.

However not everyone who proclaims their faith will follow Christ.
    The test / proof is in their works. ...[text shortened]... like Jaywill that Matt 25 has a totally different interpretation and does not apply to him.. 🙂
    If, as you say, we will be judged according to our works, then one must keep the whole law perfectly in order to be saved.

One cannot enter into god's Kingdom with even one sin. NO ONE keeps the law perfectly. Therefore, according to your interpretation, we will all die in our sin.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:32
    so lets get this, a Christian is not required to do anything, he or she can sit and gather
    cobwebs while the very stones cry out and everything is fine and dandy, salvation
    assured! Is that it? Puts a whole new meaning on the term, self sacrifice.
    Not what I said, I have never said Christians will not be doing good works.
    You have not answered my question either. Why did Jesus die so you could
    do good works that were already being done? Works was in place before
    Jesus' death, so what changed between God and man? If they were earning
    their way to God before Jesus' death why did He have die?

The difference between you and me when it comes to works is that I'm doing
    them out of love for God to obey Him, you are trying to get on His good side
    because Jesus' death wasn't enough for your salvation.
    Kelly
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:40
    If, as you say, we will be judged according to our works, then one must keep the whole law perfectly in order to be saved.

One cannot enter into god's Kingdom with even one sin. NO ONE keeps the law perfectly. Therefore, according to your interpretation, we will all die in our sin.
    Are you saying then that there will be no judgment?
    Christ was very clear that he will judge according to our works.

Do you have references to support that extreme position?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:40
    you dont know anything, you have missed the point entirely, its like it bounced of the
    side of your head and reverberated out into the stratosphere,

(Ephesians 5:1-2) . . .Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, and
    [b]go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved you and delivered himself up for
    you
    as an offer ...[text shortened]... is that scriptural reference also
    propaganda, no, well, read it and learn something for once![/b]
    The propaganda I was referring to was your accusations against Christians that, "..,they fail to understand that Christianity and the love demonstrated by the

That's all you're good for robbie, making accusations.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:47
    Are you saying then that there will be no judgment?
    Christ was very clear that he will judge according to our works.

Do you have references to support that extreme position?
    There will be two judgements.

The great white throne judgement of the dead, and the 'Bema' seat judgement of believers.

Believers will be judged, but not for sin. The penalty for sin was paid for by Jesus on the cross.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:48
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Not what I said, I have never said Christians will not be doing good works.
    You have not answered my question either. Why did Jesus die so you could
    do good works that were already being done? Works was in place before
    Jesus' death, so what changed between God and man? If they were earning
    their way to God before Jesus' death why did He have die?

The ...[text shortened]... ying to get on His good side
    because Jesus' death wasn't enough for your salvation.
    Kelly
    there are many valid reasons why Christ died, to propitiate for sins, to provide a
    corresponding ransom for that which was lost by Adam, to enable those who put
    faith in the value of that sacrifice to be declared righteous on its basis, to establish a
    new covenant for a kingdom, tell me when you would like me to stop?

No the difference between you and me is you claim to know what motivates others
    and have self righteously made a judgement on that basis claiming that you do it
    out of love, i know this to be a false hood because as the apostle states, if you really
    loved as the Christ did you would be willing to impute pure motives to others,
    because, love believes all things, clearly you are not quite there yet,

(1 Corinthians 13:7) . . .It bears all things, believes all things,. . .
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:53
    The propaganda I was referring to was your accusations against Christians that, [b]"..,they fail to understand that Christianity and the love demonstrated by the

That's all you're good for robbie, making accusations.[/b]
    Lol another self righteous judge of what others are good for, thanks, clearly i was
    correct, you really have missed the point. Jesus is simply alien to you as this last
    offering of yours demonstrates, still putting a value on peoples worth, oh dear!

(Matthew 12:20) . . .No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering flaxen wick will he extinguish, . . .
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:55
    There will be two judgements.

The great white throne judgement of the dead, and the 'Bema' seat judgement of believers.

Believers will be judged, but not for sin. The penalty for sin was paid for by Jesus on the cross.
    What is BEMA?

I guess the details in Matt 25 about judgment and separation into sheep and goats dont apply to believers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree