1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 16:46
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Look Sir...I know what is detrimental with consuming meat and animal slaughter, and if you are not convinced you never will be.

I feel a conflict looming, because you are one who accepts many false teachings and beliefs, so what chance do I have in discussing with you.

You seem determined to fault find in everything that is presented (by me), so I w ...[text shortened]... that.

So I have answered your initial question, and I think you should ponder what was said.
    It appears that after 8 months of being on this site and forum you still haven't quite worked out how a debate should proceed. If i ask you to corroborate or elaborate on something you wrote, that's not a 'fault finding' attitude, that's how grown ups debate. I don't view you as an 'all knowing sage', i just see you as a man with a massive ego. Back to the debate.

If you could be so kind, what are the 'wrong' fats contained in meat? And which food has the correct fats in it?

There's also a question for you at the end of this thread -

Thread 136461
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 18:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It appears that after 8 months of being on this site and forum you still haven't quite worked out how a debate should proceed. If i ask you to corroborate or elaborate on something you wrote, that's not a 'fault finding' attitude, that's how grown ups debate. I don't view you as an 'all knowing sage', i just see you as a man with a massive ego. Back to t ...[text shortened]... s also a question for you at the end of this thread -

Thread 136461
    Saturated fats are in meat...and their not healthy.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 18:51
    Saturated fats are in meat...and their not healthy.
    Let's say your correct.

Explain to me why the saturated fat in meat is bad, yet milk, cheese, butter and ghee which all have a high saturated fat content are not bad.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 19:29
    Let's say your correct.

Explain to me why the saturated fat in meat is bad, yet milk, cheese, butter and ghee which all have a high saturated fat content are not bad.
    I could answer this, but I'm sure you'd prefer the sage wisdom of our esteemed colleague. 🙂
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 22:37
    Let's say your correct.

Milk products are ok, because the body actually needs a certain amount of fat..... but too much is starting to get unhealthy.

A person who has a meat diet, also has a milk product intake as well, so at the end of the week the meat eater is taking in approximately 7 to 10 times more saturated fat than a person who follows the recommended diet of the spiritual living.

Remember a vegetarian who doesn't follow the spiritual life, may take in more saturated fat than a person living the spiritual life and who is also a vegetarian.

Because the Vedas recommend moderation in consumption....remember simple living and high thinking.

A vegetarian who is not following the spiritual life may throw moderation out the window when it comes to cream cakes and milk shakes, but if you compare the meat eater with them, the meat eater may have a 5 times the saturated fat intake, over the full week.

Nuts are vegetarian, but the Vedas recommend only a few ....not a whole packet.

Like wise honey is vegetarian, but the Vedas recommend moderation as well.

Just follow the authority of the Vedas and you cant go wrong.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 22:54
    Milk products are ok, because the body actually needs a certain amount of fat..... but too much is starting to get unhealthy.

A person who has a meat diet, also has a milk product intake as well, so at the end of the week the meat eater is taking in approximately 7 to 10 times more saturated fat than a person who follows the recommended diet of the spi ...[text shortened]... recommend moderation as well.

What about someone who cuts down on the milk products they consume, and still eats meat. That would be okay?!

But the crucial aspect of our debate which you have wrong, is that saturated fat isn't actually bad for you. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that it is. It's a myth.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 23:08

A person who has a meat diet, also has a milk product intake as well, so at the end of the week the meat eater is taking in approximately 7 to 10 times more saturated fat than a person who follows the recommended diet of the spi ...[text shortened]... recommend moderation as well.

A person who has a meat diet, also has a milk product intake as well, so at the end of the week the meat eater is taking in approximately 7 to 10 times more saturated fat than a person who follows the recommended diet of the spiritual living.
    Not necessarily true..I eat meat and tend to steer clear of dairy products - drink all my brews black etc..
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 23:091 edit
    [b]Milk products are ok, because the body actually needs a certain amount of fat..... but too much is starting to get unhealthy.

What about someone who cuts down on the milk products they consume, and still eats meat. That would be okay?!

But the crucial aspect of our debate which you have wrong, is that saturated fat isn't actually bad for you. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that it is. It's a myth.[/b]
    The initial question was answered with seven points, and you have bombarded me with queries about saturated fats.......is this not unbalanced.

This last question you just asked, points to you not understanding what i originally said in the first question.

I cannot dance for you any longer.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 23:20
    The initial question was answered with seven points, and you have bombarded me with queries about saturated fats.......is this not unbalanced.

This last question you just asked, points to you not understanding what i originally said in the first question.

I cannot dance for you any longer.

The other six were nonsense.

I understand. You claimed meat was unhealthy as it contains saturated fat, i pointed out to you that butter, milk, ghee, cream and cheese also contain high levels of saturated fat. In some cases lots more than meat.

But your point is mute, as saturated fat isn't that bad for you, in fact it can be good for you. So yet again you have been exposed talking nonense.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 01:392 edits
    PK is correct in saying dairy has the same basic fats that meats have. I am a vegan, and I seldom eat dairy, although of all I gave up, meats, eggs, and dairy, cheese is the hardest. Why? Because cow's milk contains Serotonin, this calms the calf, Serotonin is more concentrated in cheeses, so in some respects it's a form of withdrawl/craving. Or so I have heard. 😕

Milk is one of the few foods you can eat, and it kills nothing, other than some microbes. Honey is another food, and as far as I know the only other food that is non killing. Seeds, nuts, fruits all have the life germ or potential for life. I think this is one reason for the Biblical Milk and honey reference. Both also flow and to some extent are symbolic of plenty.

I certainly don't believe in Karma other than, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7 KJV)
    I certainly don't think omnivores and carnivores are sinners by eating meat.

Give me a break.
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I certainly don't think omnivores and carnivores are sinners by eating meat.
    Now. The issue with vishvahetu seems to be that, by saying this, you are being "dishonest". He asserts that you are "pretending to not know it is forbidden" and therefore lying. Can you just confirm, for everyone's benefit - and especially vishvahetu: you believe that omnivores and carnivores are not sinners by eating meat, and you are not being dishonest when you state that this is your belief?
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 02:32
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Now. The issue with vishvahetu seems to be that, by saying this, you are being "dishonest". He asserts that you are "pretending to not know it is forbidden" and therefore lying. Can you just confirm, for everyone's benefit - and especially vishvahetu: you believe that omnivores and carnivores are not sinners by eating meat, and you are not being dishonest when you state that this is your belief?
    I'm lying through my teeth, I eat meat raw, with blood dripping down my chin. 😕
    That should cover it as far as he is concerned.

😉
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 02:33
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    I will answer for you.

First of all for the Christian who eat meat and subscribe to animal cruelty........their Bible says thou shalt not kill, so there being dishonest in saying killing is fine with their God, and they twist the meaning of thou shalt not kill, inside out, and upside down to mean the exact opposite.....this is the pinnacle of dishonesty, and the destruction of Christianity.

The atheists that eat meat, say I dont have a care in the world about animal cruelty, because I dont believe in god, and I have no one to answer to but myself.

They know that it is cruel and therefore wrong, and because they cannot control their senses, they remain insensitive and cruel to satisfy the tongue, and in that condition they are the lowest of mankind.

They dishonestly say there is no God....and because of that,they dishonestly say cruelty is fine in a world without God.
  14. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 02:461 edit
    ...they are the lowest of mankind.

They dishonestly say there is no God....and because of that,they dishonestly say cruelty is fine in a world without God.
    We are discussing beliefs and belief systems here, vishvahetu. You are using the words 'dishonest' and 'dishonestly' incorrectly. 'Disagreement' over matters of belief and faith is not synonymous with 'dishonesty'.

Your continuing errors over the conventional meanings of words will be seen by many posters here as incoherent and alienating. It has been pointed out to you and yet you persist. It is not in the best interests of your efforts to tell others about your belief system and your specualtions and hopes about the supernatural, if you allow your vanity to get in the way.

I respectfully suggest that you stick to the conventional meanings of words, accept that people are here to talk about their beliefs in good faith, and show a little more respect and decency towards members of this community.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 03:50
    I see every day the atheists bashing the persons who follow false religion, from pillar to post (ping pong)

We all know that false religion has much error.

For goodness sake, if a religion allows for animal slaughter and meat eating....its bogus.

And if it says that the eternal soul can meet death, then its double bogus.

And if it says that al ...[text shortened]... ruth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.
    I love cheese burgers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree