1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    .. However, nobody can fulfill the law, but Jesus,
    Apparently the same Apostle Paul had a different idea of what fulfilling the law meant.

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Rom 13:8-10)

Love/charity fulfills the requirements of the law. It is said twice in case guys like you miss it the first time.

This matches exactly what Christ said. The guy in Luke 10 claimed he followed the Law of Moses and he loved God and he had faith, but Christ said he was lacking something. .. the ability to show love to your neighbour and be charitable the way the Good Samaritan did.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Apparently the same Apostle Paul had a different idea of what fulfilling the law meant.

[i]Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for [b]he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law
    . For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any ...[text shortened]... .. the ability to show love to your neighbour and be charitable the way the Good Samaritan did.[/b]
    He is taking about perfect love which none of us have. Only Jesus had that kind of love. If you have perfect love, you are naturally not going to commit any of those sins. We humans have to rely on Jesus to fulfill the law with His love. We all lack something in love, my friend.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 01:06
    He is taking about perfect love which none of us have. Only Jesus had that kind of love. If you have perfect love, you are naturally not going to commit any of those sins. We humans have to rely on Jesus to fulfill the law with His love. We all lack something in love, my friend.
    You cannot read. Its a very simple statement.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 01:11
    You cannot read. Its a very simple statement.
    Maybe so, but that is my interpretation.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 01:14
    Maybe so, but that is my interpretation.
    Christ said the same thing like Paul did. That should be clear.

Love and charity is not just optional, it is essential to your eternal life.

No interpretation is required.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:13
    Christ said the same thing like Paul did. That should be clear.

Love and charity is not just optional, it is essential to your eternal life.

No interpretation is required.
    What if one throws a little hate and selfishness in there once in awhile?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:17
    What if one throws a little hate and selfishness in there once in awhile?
    This is where you people lose it. Becuase you think you or nobody can follow Christ, you claim that Christ could not possibly have meant what he said.

First things first. You need to address the opening post. What did Christ mean? What did Paul mean by love is the fulfilling of the law.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:30
    This is where you people lose it. Becuase you think you or nobody can follow Christ, you claim that Christ could not possibly have meant what he said.

First things first. You need to address the opening post. What did Christ mean? What did Paul mean by love is the fulfilling of the law.
    I told you I think it means the love of Christ. Nobody else has the kind of love to fulfill the law. Would you suffer and die on a cross for your enemies like Jesus?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:46
    I told you I think it means the love of Christ. Nobody else has the kind of love to fulfill the law. Would you suffer and die on a cross for your enemies like Jesus?
    Here we go again ... the next step is to get personal.
    This has nothing to do with me or you.

Christ and Paul agreed. Christ said something is lacking in the mans application of the law .. his love aand charity were misdirected. Paul siad love is the fulfilling of the law.

Who are you to say what people can or cannnot do?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 04:242 edits
    Here we go again ... the next step is to get personal.
    This has nothing to do with me or you.

Christ and Paul agreed. Christ said something is lacking in the mans application of the law .. his love aand charity were misdirected. Paul siad love is the fulfilling of the law.

Who are you to say what people can or cannnot do?
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

(John 3:5, 14-18 KJV)

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,
    Every knee shall bow to Me,
    And every tongue shall confess to God.”

So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

(Romans 14:1-4, 10-13, 22-23 NKJV)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 00:47
    [b]Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his o ...[text shortened]... eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

(Romans 14:1-4, 10-13, 22-23 NKJV)[/b]
    You should have done like KOP and just ignore this thread.
    At least I know KOP [by his silence] has no answer for what Christ said.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 01:04
    You should have done like KOP and just ignore this thread.
    At least I know KOP [by his silence] has no answer for what Christ said.
    The first quote of scripture was what Christ said and I have no problem with it.

The second quote of scripture was to help you out.
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 06:09
    RajK and All Others,
    Cold weather is coming and maybe snow possibly. How is weather for everyone else? I hope you all have a good coming few days. Who will be the coldest? 🙂

I <may> not post for a few days. However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fulfill the Law of God. That is only part of the Law of God. There are many things to do in the Law of God, one of which is to offer a trespass offering. Because God wanted a way for Israel, I guess, who sin without knowing they sinned, to have an offering to cover the sin. It might be in Leviticus 5.

Loving God as the Law of God says is impossible for a human being to do without sinning unless God works a miracle every time possible sinning comes up. However, unlike what ThinkOfOne <might> think, we can sin while knowing and while not knowing. Don't think that the 10 commandments are all of the Law of God. Read in the Old Testament about every law that Israel was to keep.

The Gospel, or "Good News" is that the Lord Jesus is now the High Priest for everyone. No more priests of the Levites are needed to offer for Israel or the Gentiles. Christ offered His blood for our sins. His blood was accepted by God for our sins. Now, no more sacrificing for sins is needed. Christ's blood is the final sacrifice needed for sins.

King James Version
    ========================
    Hebrews 4: 14-16
    Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 7: 27
    Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9: 12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 10: 10
    By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 2: 3
    How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 11:00
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK and All Others,
    Cold weather is coming and maybe snow possibly. How is weather for everyone else? I hope you all have a good coming few days. Who will be the coldest? 🙂

I <may> not post for a few days. However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fulfill the Law of God. That is only part of the Law of God. There are many thi ...[text shortened]... h at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
    I live in the tropics, so enjoy your winter 🙂

So you are completely ignoring the statement by Christ in the opening post .. even though YOU ASKED for it. That tells a lot about your knowledge of the Bible.

This statement : However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fulfill the Law of God. That is only part of the Law of God.

How do you feel knowing that you are making statements which are in direct contradiction to what Christ, Paul, James and John said.

Love is the fulfilment of the law, Love is greater than Faith and Hope. Faith and Hope will disappear and Love remains. Love and charity is proof of your Faith. Faith alone cannot save you. [Any of these ring a bell?]
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 12:32
    I live in the tropics, so enjoy your winter 🙂

So you are completely ignoring the statement by Christ in the opening post .. even though YOU ASKED for it. That tells a lot about your knowledge of the Bible.

This statement : However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fulfill the Law of God. That is only part of the Law of God.
    ...[text shortened]... ve and charity is proof of your Faith. Faith alone cannot save you. [Any of these ring a bell?]
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. ... These things I command you, that you love one another.

(John 15:13-14, 17 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree