1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:351 edit
    I got a personal message from KingonPoint so I will answer part of his question publicly. Actually, some time ago [when he first appeared] I did tell him not to pm me as I will answer on the forums, but he does not listen. Neither does he listen to Jesus or the Apostles [so who am I really .. 🙂].

Here is the question:

Will you tell me even one scripture in context that says a person who performs good works will be given eternal life.

Here is my answer:

Well there are many but, here is one and its from Jesus Christ:

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. (Luke 10:25-28 KJV)

Let me repeat :

Love God and your neighbour as yourself = Eternal Life

So the floor is open .. you faith only people can start arguing with Christ.
    Yep .. Jesus Christ the same man you all claim to believe in.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I got a personal message from KingonPoint so I will answer part of his question publicly. Actually, some time ago [when he first appeared] I did tell him not to pm me as I will answer on the forums, but he does not listen. Neither does he listen to Jesus or the Apostles [so who am I really .. 🙂].

Here is the question:

[b]Will you tell me even one scr ...[text shortened]... le can start arguing with Christ.
    what about this

And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:17-31
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:51

Here is the question:

[b]Will you tell me even one scr ...[text shortened]... le can start arguing with Christ.
    "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a)

"I am the way, and the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6b)

"As it is written, 'There is none righteous, not even one'". (Romans 3:10)

"Therefore, just as through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and death spread to all men because all have sinned." (Romans 5:12)

"He [God] made Him [Christ] who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

"And being in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." (Philippians 2:8)

"For there is one God and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all." (1 Timothy 2:5-6a)

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." (John 1:12)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

"He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26a)

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 12:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about this

And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witn ...[text shortened]... sheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:17-31
    Yes, thats another.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 12:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believe ...[text shortened]... pirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)
    Do you have a point? Are these passages contradicting what Christ said?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 13:17

Here is the question:

This is a bit of a stretch to consider this passage as promoting works as most important. I say it is another of many citing faith as the most important piece of the puzzle. Have faith such as this, to love God above all and love your neighbor as yourself, and that is all you need. Doing good works follows immediately upon the heels of these commandments as naturally as summer follows spring, IF you have the faith in the first place.

Now I've seen some of your other posts where you admit to believing in faith AND works, and not just works alone, as you sometimes seem to appear to do. These posts of yours that seem to extol works over faith are just stirring the pot and are not 100% accurate to the stance you actually take. I think you do others a disservice to say "NO! Works, works and works! Oh yeah, and maybe a little faith," when Faith is the key to both.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is a bit of a stretch to consider this passage as promoting works as most important. I say it is another of many citing faith as the most important piece of the puzzle. Have faith such as this, to love God above all and love your neighbor as yourself, and that is all you need. Doing good works follows immediately upon the heels of these commandments ...[text shortened]... "NO! Works, works and works! Oh yeah, and maybe a little faith," when Faith is the key to both.
    Why did the words 'most important' enter into the discussion? Maybe yo should reread the question KOP asked, and the passage from Christ which I supplied and see if Christ answered KOP's question. If yo want to talk about most important then its the words of Christ yo have to take as his words are the most important.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 15:00
    So we are to love God, our neighbor, believe in the Lord and be willing to give up what it would take to serve the Lord.
    But none of these garantee that one is saved. "Only those who endure to the end will be saved".

Is there anything else that a Christian is supposed to be doing and in fact has to do?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:35
    Do you have a point? Are these passages contradicting what Christ said?
    The Word of God doesn't contradict itself; its readers fail to understand it and/or misapply it due to lack of maturity.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:422 edits
    Why did the words 'most important' enter into the discussion? Maybe yo should reread the question KOP asked, and the passage from Christ which I supplied and see if Christ answered KOP's question. If yo want to talk about most important then its the words of Christ yo have to take as his words are the most important.
    I'm not having you reduce my point to semantics. Take it or leave it. Minimize it at your own risk.

And, sorry, I thought you might actually be trying to answer the man's question. He asked about works. Your answer was about faith.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:45
    I'm not having you reduce my point to semantics. Take it or leave it. Minimize it at your own risk.
    all the arguments that you have ever proffered are based on semantics and unsustainable interpretations of what you want the Bible to say rather than what it actually does say.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    all the arguments that you have ever proffered are based on semantics and unsustainable interpretations of what you want the Bible to say rather than what it actually does say.
    Shut up, robbie, you have NO credibility with me, nor any authority to actually respond to me in the first place. Go peddle your poisoned wares someplace else. It's clear that you barely understand English and your understanding is pretty much that of a toad.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 17:01
    Shut up, robbie, you have NO credibility with me, nor any authority to actually respond to me in the first place. Go peddle your poisoned wares someplace else. It's clear that you barely understand English and your understanding is pretty much that of a toad.
    shut up? bwahahaha, hilarious.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 18:31

And, sorry, I thought you might actually be trying to answer the man's question. He asked about works. Your answer was about faith.
    I leave it, thanks.

Neither the question asked nor the answer from Christ contains the word 'faith'. How can my answer be about faith?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The Word of God doesn't contradict itself; its readers fail to understand it and/or misapply it due to lack of maturity.
    You have failed to understand what 'maturity' In Christ means. You keep pedalling empty 'faith with your mouth'. I have never ever heard you speak of the following concerning maturity.. NOT EVER. You are false to your core ..

Read what maturity must do and teach .. its all about conduct and behaviour : good works, righteousness, love, charity, resisting sin etc.

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
    (Titus 2:1-8 KJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree