Pope says to stop breeding like rabbits

Pope says to stop breeding like rabbits

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Isnt that the same as onanism and thus also taboo?
No. The sin of Onan was selfishness, not pulling out (let alone pulling himself!). His societal duty was to provide his brother's widow with a son and heir, and he refused to do that so his own children would inherit everything.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by whodey
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/19/pope-birth-control-comments/22017365/

After getting lectured by the Pope to be PC around Muslims, we now are told not to have too many children.

When will the Catholic church start passing out rubbers in church and endorsing abortion?

If I did not know better, I would swear he is Obama's twin. Knowing who Obama's mother was, I may be right.
Odd. God says to be fruitful and multiply, but the pope says not!

Who are we to believe?

Infidel

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by josephw

Who are we to believe?
Your own wish to have children, your own financial outlook, your own health.

Basically, your own common sense...?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Your own wish to have children, your own financial outlook, your own health.

Basically, your own common sense...?
I agree, but that's not the point.

The point is that the pope isn't God. The pope, in spite of what he may think, doesn't have the authority to override God's instructions.

Besides, if we, the human race, didn't eff the world up so bad there would be ample resources to provide for all. There's not too many people, just too many idiots. Like the kind that breed indiscriminately at random and abandon their own children.

Infidel

Moves
21 Jan 15

How do you know God said these things you claim?

F

Moves
21 Jan 15

The point is that the pope isn't God. The pope, in spite of what he may think, doesn't have the authority to override God's instructions.
In what way do you see the Pope's advice as overriding what you see as being God's instructions? When he suggests that people limit the number of children they have and also says that "no outside institution should impose its views on regulating family size" including his own church, do you really think that this is the same as saying 'don't be fruitful and multiply'?

Moves
21 Jan 15

Of course in order to exercise birth control one must first acquire a female of our species; for some here this may prove a challenging experience.

F

Moves
21 Jan 15

Besides, if we, the human race, didn't eff the world up so bad there would be ample resources to provide for all. There's not too many people, just too many idiots. Like the kind that breed indiscriminately at random and abandon their own children.
So you and the Pope agree about it not being a good idea for people to "breed indiscriminately", do you think?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
How do you know God said these things you claim?
Do you mean how do I know it was God that said those things and not just some men perpetrating an elaborate hoax on the entire human race that has lasted over 3500 years and has effected the lives of countless millions, and all simply because man is so fearful of natural phenomenon that he invented a God to explain what man didn't understand about his environment, and to create a religion for the purpose of controlling the ignorant and superstitious masses?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
So you and the Pope agree about it not being a good idea for people to "breed indiscriminately", do you think?
I agree with God.

F

Moves
21 Jan 15
1 edit

Do you mean how do I know it was God that said those things and not just some men perpetrating an elaborate hoax on the entire human race that has lasted over 3500 years and has effected the lives of countless millions, and all simply because man is so fearful of natural phenomenon that he invented a God to explain what man didn't understand about his enviro ...[text shortened]... , and to create a religion for the purpose of controlling the ignorant and superstitious masses?
I don't think the term "hoax" is the right word to describe sociological and philosophical phenomena like Christianity, Islam and Judaism. I don't think their adherents and proponents are engaged in something intended to deceive or that amounts to deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Jan 15
1 edit

Who are we to believe?
Does the number 8 BILLION mean anything to you? When is enough enough? What, 50 billion? Is THAT too many? A trillion? You tell me what you think is too many people on this planet.

Personally, I think ONE billion is pushing it.

F

Moves
21 Jan 15

I agree with God.
My question to you is about your comments on the Pope's advice. "God" has not made any comment on the Pope's statement. But you have. And that is what I was asking you about.

F

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Does the number 8 BILLION mean anything to you? When is enough enough? What, 50 billion? Is THAT too many? A trillion? You tell me what you think is too many people on this planet.

Personally, I think ONE billion is pushing it.
josephw believes there were 8,000,000,000 people on earth at the time of "The Flood".

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
josephw believes there were 8,000,000,000 people on earth at the time of "The Flood".
Impossible. That there were that many people from a biblical perspective or evolutionist one; not that josephw would believe it.