1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 18:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    That way he could perhaps stop being offensive by focusing on the truth about ourselves and avoid the cross.
    About 1 minute on a priest rejecting Jesus as the only way of salvation.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=kXEvmFt1C3Q
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 20:34
    The Catholic church is simply trying to be appealing to the secular humanists. The Catholic church knows that secular humanists want to curb population growth, so they give lip service to the effort.

The Catholic church does the same thing with other issues. In fact, many left winged people I know like the Pope, even though they are atheists.

It would ...[text shortened]... could perhaps stop being offensive by focusing on the truth about ourselves and avoid the cross.
    The catholic elite use religion as a means to their own ends. Power and control.

The same mentality applies everywhere humans interact, fueled by the underlying disease of sin and separation from the Word of God.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 20:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 21:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    No, because it doesn't resolve the underlying problems.
    So your advice is for people not to be sensible about how many children they have?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 21:17
    The Catholic church is simply trying to be appealing to the secular humanists. The Catholic church knows that secular humanists want to curb population growth, so they give lip service to the effort.

The Catholic church does the same thing with other issues. In fact, many left winged people I know like the Pope, even though they are atheists.

It would ...[text shortened]... could perhaps stop being offensive by focusing on the truth about ourselves and avoid the cross.
    Do you think a slowing of population growth is a bad idea? Do you oppose it?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 11:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    So your advice is for people not to be sensible about how many children they have?
    No. My advice is that people follow God's instructions.

But, I think it makes sense not to have more children than one can afford, but only because of the fact that we are too damn stupid as a species to manage the earths resources equitably. Nor can we exercise self control.

We just keep breeding like rabbits! 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 11:57
    No. My advice is that people follow God's instructions.

But, I think it makes sense not to have more children than one can afford, but only because of the fact that we are too damn stupid as a species to manage the earths resources equitably. Nor can we exercise self control.

We just keep breeding like rabbits! 😉
    Do you think people should be careful about how many children they have or do you think people should just see how many children they end up having as a result of their sex lives?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 11:58
    So you basically agree with the Pope on this matter, right?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 12:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you basically agree with the Pope on this matter, right?
    "Do you think people should be careful about how many children they have or do you think people should just see how many children they end up having as a result of their sex lives?"

I think people should consult the Word of God on all matters of life and living.

"So you basically agree with the Pope on this matter, right?"

Not one whit.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 12:15
    I think people should consult the Word of God on all matters of life and living.
    Fair enough. I am sure many people from many religions do that. But I am not asking you about whether they should refer to a holy book. So the question remains: do you think people should be careful about how many children they have?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 12:171 edit
    FMF:"So you basically agree with the Pope on this matter, right?"

Not one whit.
    But you share the same opinion ~ that it makes sense not to have more children than one can afford ~ so how can you be saying essentially the same thing and yet claim you don't agree with him at all?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 17:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Fair enough. I am sure many people from many religions do that. But I am not asking you about whether they should refer to a holy book. So the question remains: do you think people should be careful about how many children they have?
    Do you believe God granted you the patience to deal with such simpletons day in and day out?

I've no idea how you do it. I read some of the posts you reply to and I feel an immediate urge to go outside and do something that restores my faith in humanity.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 17:15
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Do you believe God granted you the patience to deal with such simpletons day in and day out?

I've no idea how you do it. I read some of the posts you reply to and I feel an immediate urge to go outside and do something that restores my faith in humanity.
    Such simpletons are the reason religion exists in the first place. What the human race needs is a shot of extra intelligence for the race and a shot of critical thinking so they won't be taken in by the billions by all this BS in all these man made religions.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 01:48
    You should see the view from here.

Every time you fail you resort to belittling.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 02:00
    You should see the view from here.

Every time you fail you resort to belittling.
    It's interesting that both you and the Pope believe that people should not breed like rabbits but then you kind of belittle your own contribution and make it rather incoherent by insisting that, somehow, you completely disagree with the Pope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree