1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 13:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's interesting that both you and the Pope believe that people should not breed like rabbits but then you kind of belittle your own contribution and make it rather incoherent by insisting that, somehow, you completely disagree with the Pope.
    I never said "people should not breed like rabbits".

The pope said that. I say people should breed like people and do as God commanded, "be fruitful and multiply".

You're twisting words and misrepresenting what I said.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 13:48
    Originally posted by josephw

The pope said that. I say people should breed like people and do as God commanded, "be fruitful and multiply".

I think you are twisting the pope's words and misrepresenting what he said.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 13:52

I don't think I am. On page 2 you spoke out against "the kind [of people] that breed indiscriminately at random" ~ do you have some sort of non-standard definition of the expression to "breed like rabbits" in mind?

The Pope has not said don't "be fruitful and multiply". He seems to be speaking out against what might be described as breeding indiscriminately or unwisely.

It's interesting that you and the Pope both believe the same thing but here you are, insisting that you disagree with him.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 14:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think I am. On page 2 you spoke out against "the kind [of people] that breed indiscriminately at random" ~ do you have some sort of non-standard definition of the expression to "breed like rabbits" in mind?

The Pope has not said [b]don't
    "be fruitful and multiply". He seems to be speaking out against what might be described as breeding indiscrimin ...[text shortened]... nd the Pope both believe the same thing but here you are, insisting that you disagree with him.[/b]
    Look FMF, you and I and the pope can agree on lots of things, but you shouldn't be so pugnacious about the minutiae of this issue. The differences in how we say things isn't the issue.

The fundamental differences in our world-views is preventing us from finding common ground. You, me and the pope agree that there are far too many children being brought into the world by unqualified people that breed like rabbits.

Our disagreement is about the cause of, and solution for the problem. Because of your background in the faith, and your subsequent rejection of it, I believe causes you to see my arguments as a threat to your world view. No matter what I say you'll disagree and get bogged down in arguing over trivialities not related to the underlying thread of thought concerning the main topic of discussion.

And you drag me into it most every time. 😉 I swear, my motive is the tearing down of obstacles that hinder understanding, not in erecting barriers.

Believe it or not, I give everyone posting in this forum the benefit of the doubt and assume the same of them no matter what they say or believe. But I'm nobody's fool, there are evil people in the world hell bent on the destruction of the innocent.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:53
    The fundamental differences in our world-views is preventing us from finding common ground. You, me and the pope agree that there are far too many children being brought into the world by unqualified people that breed like rabbits.
    This was what I have been saying all along. It didn't make sense when you claimed you agree "not one whit" with the Pope on this issue.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:56
    Our disagreement is about the cause of, and solution for the problem. Because of your background in the faith, and your subsequent rejection of it, I believe causes you to see my arguments as a threat to your world view.
    On the contrary, I think we agree over the issue of sensible family size and the injudiciousness of "indiscriminate breeding". Far from being a "threat", I find myself in agreement with both you and the Pope about people needing to "stop breeding like rabbits".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:59
    No matter what I say you'll disagree and get bogged down in arguing over trivialities not related to the underlying thread of thought concerning the main topic of discussion.
    But whether someone actually agrees with or disagrees with the Pope is "the main topic of discussion" and not an unrelated triviality.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 18:00
    Believe it or not, I give everyone posting in this forum the benefit of the doubt and assume the same of them no matter what they say or believe. But I'm nobody's fool, there are evil people in the world hell bent on the destruction of the innocent.
    "The destruction of the innocent"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 18:03
    I say people should breed like people and do as God commanded, "be fruitful and multiply".
    But the Pope has not said don't "be fruitful and multiply".
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 20:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/19/pope-birth-control-comments/22017365/

After getting lectured by the Pope to be PC around Muslims, we now are told not to have too many children.

When will the Catholic church start passing out rubbers in church and endorsing abortion?

If I did not know better, I would swear he is Obama's twin. Knowing who Obama's mother was, I may be right.
    the muslims are banging kids out like machine gun bullets more ISIS cannon fodder
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 20:24
    Originally posted by redbadger
    the muslims are banging kids out like machine gun bullets more ISIS cannon fodder
    Actually the greatest population growth in the near future is expected to be in Africa amount both Christian and Muslim populations, but probably more Christians than Muslims overall.
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 20:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually the greatest population growth in the near future is expected to be in Africa amount both Christian and Muslim populations, but probably more Christians than Muslims overall.
    you want to move to middlesbrough
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 08:46
    I agree with God.
    Actually, I think your god agrees with you.
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 12:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/19/pope-birth-control-comments/22017365/

After getting lectured by the Pope to be PC around Muslims, we now are told not to have too many children.

When will the Catholic church start passing out rubbers in church and endorsing abortion?

If I did not know better, I would swear he is Obama's twin. Knowing who Obama's mother was, I may be right.
    just because the pope cant get his end away shouldn't stop the rest.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 13:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the contrary, I think we agree over the issue of sensible family size and the injudiciousness of "indiscriminate breeding". Far from being a "threat", I find myself in agreement with both you and the Pope about people needing to "stop breeding like rabbits".
    Overpopulation is an outdated concern. Most societies today have birth rates at or near replacement level.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree