1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Sep '10 13:032 edits
    (By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005)

    He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church, but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her.

    Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April.

    It was the first time she had heard from him in more than 50 years.

    Mrs. Brzakovic, who was raised in the southern Germany city of Weilheim before moving to Australia in 1956, said she remembered Joseph Ratzinger as a young boy who was often up to no good.

    "He was everywhere he shouldn't [have] been, she recalled yesterday, shaking her head. "When I think today of what we did, it's a wonder that [we are] alive."

    When she received the phone call three months ago she first thought it was a prank. It wasn't until His Holiness told her it was "Ratzinger Pepi", referring to his childhood nickname, that she realized who was on the other end.

    "I said, 'Are you the Pope?' and he [replied]. 'But for you I am still Ratzinger Pepi'."

    Mrs. Brzakovic was raised as a Roman Catholic, but became a Jehovah's Witness in the 1970's.

    She said that while her religious differences with her family had caused frustration, the Pope had encouraged her for following her faith.

    "He told me that 'You are doing the work that we should do'," she said, referring to her church's missionary work. "He said, 'You have halls that are not too big, but they are full. We have cathedrals, churches, chapels and they are empty'."

    Mrs. Brzakovic is spending this weekend at a Jehovah's Witness convention in Canberra with about 3000 district worshippers.

    http://www.watchtowernews.org/popescousin.jpg

    its only a matter of time before we get the The Pontifex Maximus down to a bible study! Once he realises that we have 'the truth', then he shall issue a Papal bull stating that all Catholics should become witnesses, and then we shall be in the big time, lookout the haters!
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    16 Sep '10 15:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005)

    He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church, but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her.

    Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April.

    I ...[text shortened]... itnesses, and then we shall be in the big time, lookout the haters!
    my cousin is a retarded loser
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    16 Sep '10 15:13
    i also have a cousin who is a woman. is that relevant?
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Sep '10 16:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005)

    He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church, but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her.

    Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April.

    I ...[text shortened]... itnesses, and then we shall be in the big time, lookout the haters!
    Wouldn't that be a shocker but the chances....
    Anyway my wife brought up a point about the Pope and that is "if he is such a powerful spirtual person and God on earth or whatever he exactly is, why doesn't he have the power or influance to get his churches full again? What happened?"
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Sep '10 17:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Wouldn't that be a shocker but the chances....
    Anyway my wife brought up a point about the Pope and that is "if he is such a powerful spirtual person and God on earth or whatever he exactly is, why doesn't he have the power or influance to get his churches full again? What happened?"
    One could ask the same about Jesus. But then he's dead isn't he.

    At least Jesus claimed to be God on earth, the Pope doesn't.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    16 Sep '10 17:201 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    One could ask the same about Jesus. But then he's dead isn't he.

    At least Jesus claimed to be God on earth, the Pope doesn't.
    At least Jesus claimed to be God on earth, the Pope doesn't.

    So far as I know Jesus never did while He walked the Earth. Are you aware of where He might have made this claim or are you just going on what Christians may have told you?
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Sep '10 17:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    One could ask the same about Jesus. But then he's dead isn't he.

    At least Jesus claimed to be God on earth, the Pope doesn't.
    Where did he say that?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    16 Sep '10 18:57
    I have two cousins who are lesbians and sisters (really).


    Does that make me a bad person?
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Sep '10 19:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Wouldn't that be a shocker but the chances....
    Anyway my wife brought up a point about the Pope and that is "if he is such a powerful spirtual person and God on earth or whatever he exactly is, why doesn't he have the power or influance to get his churches full again? What happened?"
    it was interesting to hear the Popes view of our work as related by our dear sister. 🙂
  10. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Sep '10 19:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have two cousins who are lesbians and sisters (really).


    Does that make me a bad person?
    Strange question but no.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    16 Sep '10 19:30
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Where did he say that?
    Luke 22:70
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Sep '10 19:382 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Luke 22:70
    It says he said he's the "Son Of God", not God himself. If he were God or some other entity like God himself, he would have worded that differently and not have used the word Son. He would have said I am God or some part of him. But he didn't.
  13. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    16 Sep '10 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005)

    He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church, but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her.

    Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April.

    I itnesses, and then we shall be in the big time, lookout the haters!
    This article is seriously bogus. I remember this woman speaking to Australian television and newspapers. She quite explicitly said that the Pope had never contacted her and would probably not have remembered her. The bishop organising World Youth Day also apologised that she could not be accommodated in the Pope's timetable. I can't remember her saying she was Catholic, but I am very skeptical of this claim that she is a Jehovah's Witness.

    Ok. Doing some research, I realise that this woman is a different cousin living in Australia. The one I had in memory was a woman, Erika Kopp, not Steffie Brzakovic. I remain skeptical of this article however. I cannot find it archived in any Australian media. It appears only on forums, particularly Catholic and Jehovah's Witness. It does not seem likely that the Pope would suddenly ring a distant relative (how would he know that she is a JW anyway?) and not any others.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    16 Sep '10 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It says he said he's the "Son Of God", not God himself. If he were God or some other entity like God himself, he would have worded that differently and not have used the word Son. He would have said I am God or some part of him. But he didn't.
    So you knew the mind of Jesus and what he meant and did not mean during his life? How incredibly gifted you are.

    Can you not see how arrogant and presumptuous your statement is? Is this is what you base your faith on?
  15. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Sep '10 20:241 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So you knew the mind of Jesus and what he meant and did not mean during his life? How incredibly gifted you are.

    Can you not see how arrogant and presumptuous your statement is? Is this is what you base your faith on?
    I had nothing to do with what Jesus said here. Is it not in black and white in your Bible? Does it not say Son? Read it again our better yet find a scripture search site and compair all Bibles.
    I'm not in anyones brain and it clearly says he said "I'm the Son of God." Right?
Back to Top