Praying for a politician's death?

Praying for a politician's death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

I’m going to put $1,000,000 dollars on kellyjay either defending her or avoiding this thread completely.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

I’ve taken a look at this and read around this instances of this awful women citing the Bible to mock Biden.

I think she is absolutely praying for the death of Joe Biden. She praying for his death and she reveals this by stating that “unfortunately he has a good insurance policy .. Kamala Harris”

Now if he was out of office through a vote, then so would Kamala be. If he dies in office then Kamala IS the “insurance” of being the next President.

She’s praying for his death but she too gutless to complete the entire verse.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said

She’s praying for his death but she too gutless to complete the entire verse.
She has FMF to do it for her.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
She has FMF to do it for her.
So we agree that [1] it's an abuse of scripture, [2], it's a political dog whistle, and [3] she's too "gutless" to explicitly say what citing Psalm 109 in a prayer/sermon actually means, right?

Moves
12 Feb 23

@fmf said
A conservative US congresswoman addressing a church congregation last week appeared to be praying for the US president's death when she cited Psalm 109...

"May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership. May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow."

...isn't a prayer like this an abuse of scripture and profoundly un-Christian?
I would say the only way to answer this is if you were her, knowing her hearts intent here and any other related question to truth that might be brought up here? For the sake of just understanding do you know of another way of knowing this for clarity and any kind of certainty. You never know I may be way off here and your thought processes could give me the true insight I could be missing in my life and direction.

F

Moves
12 Feb 23
1 edit

@mike69 said
I would say the only way to answer this is if you were her, knowing her hearts intent here and any other related question to truth that might be brought up here? For the sake of just understanding do you know of another way of knowing this for clarity and any kind of certainty. You never know I may be way off here and your thought processes could give me the true insight I could be missing in my life and direction.
You have offered what amounts to a weak argument along the lines of how can we know. She is a public figure with well-known unapologetically extreme views. She was speaking in a church. She chose to cite a Psalm which is explicitly about praying for the death of a leader.

Moves
12 Feb 23

@fmf said
You have offered what amounts to a weak argument along the lines of how can we know. She is a public figure with well-known unapologetically extreme views. She was speaking in a church. She chose to cite a Psalm which is explicitly about praying for the death of a leader.
You don’t know her intent or have any way of knowing. She could have chosen very poorly without thinking or be what you’re saying as a person and if so I agree. In this instance at this point you have no way of knowing. Glad you’re not the judge😉.

F

Moves
12 Feb 23

@mike69 said
You don’t know her intent or have any way of knowing. She could have chosen very poorly without thinking or be what you’re saying as a person and if so I agree. In this instance at this point you have no way of knowing. Glad you’re not the judge😉.
Do you think she was praying for the president to live long and to prosper?

Moves
12 Feb 23

@fmf said
Do you think she was praying for the president to live long and to prosper?
You’re forgetting or are you, what’s already said to you on that and what was actually said without your interpretation with additions. Do you disagree with me in this logic as to your op and if so how?

Moves
12 Feb 23

@fmf said
Your OP was misleading.

F

Moves
12 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your OP was misleading.
I disagree. I called her out for her nasty political dog whistle. You know full well what Psalm 109 is about.

F

Moves
12 Feb 23

@mike69 said
You’re forgetting or are you, what’s already said to you on that and what was actually said without your interpretation with additions. Do you disagree with me in this logic as to your op and if so how?
She cited Psalm 109. There is a reason for that. Do you think she was praying for the president to live long and to prosper?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’m going to put $1,000,000 dollars on kellyjay either defending her or avoiding this thread completely.
I’d just like to bump this, for KellyJay’s benefit.

Moves
12 Feb 23

@fmf said
She cited Psalm 109. There is a reason for that. Do you think she was praying for the president to live long and to prosper?
I think she was praying for a political rival to be out of office and replaced by a member of her own party. (Hence her quoting the relevant part of Psalm 109 and not the part you alone cited).