Praying for a politician's death?

Praying for a politician's death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Give him time. Maybe he's praying for your soul.
He’s wasting his time as my soul is in good shape, clothed as it is in honesty, principle and lulz.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Is anyone forcing you to have sex with someone you don’t want to ? No. The clash is only between your dogma and reality.
The acceptance of thoughts, not biology defining one's gender, defining life, the reasons for morality, teaching kids many of these things against parent's wishes, in the name of tolerance. The very notion YOU just now made the claim there is a difference between dogma and reality shows you don't have a clue what dogma means since dogma is a set of incontrovertible truths and as you define reality, you define your dogma, you are simply highlighting it is all about a clash of worldviews

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
The acceptance of thoughts, not biology defining one's gender, defining life, the reasons for morality, teaching kids many of these things against parent's wishes, in the name of tolerance. The very notion YOU just now made the claim there is a difference between dogma and reality shows you don't have a clue what dogma means since dogma is a set of incontrovertible truths an ...[text shortened]... ne reality, you define your dogma, you are simply highlighting it is all about a clash of worldviews
I read what you typed twice. It is not an answer to this:

"Is anyone forcing you to have sex with someone you don’t want to ?"

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
Give him time. Maybe he's reattaching his wheels.
😆 TU from me.

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
The acceptance of thoughts, not biology defining one's gender, defining life, the reasons for morality, teaching kids many of these things against parent's wishes, in the name of tolerance. The very notion YOU just now made the claim there is a difference between dogma and reality shows you don't have a clue what dogma means since dogma is a set of incontrovertible truths an ...[text shortened]... ne reality, you define your dogma, you are simply highlighting it is all about a clash of worldviews
Your dogma tells you that dogma is a set of incontrovertible truths about reality; I have not only a right, but an entitlement, to disbelieve your dogma.

It is none of your concern to prevent other people from what your dogma calls "sinning." Neither is it the govt's concern to prohibit what your dogma calls "sin." Your concern is to beg forgiveness for what your dogma tells you are your own sins. The govt's concern is to ensure prosperity, domestic tranquility, and the rule of law. Part of what the rule of law consists in is upholding the separation of church and state, which means ensuring that dogma, especially yours, does not become the law of the land. If you want to live in a place where sin is a crime, I suggest you move to Iran. Non-heterosexuals are hanged there; you'd probably like that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Your dogma tells you that dogma is a set of incontrovertible truths about reality; I have not only a right, but an entitlement, to disbelieve your dogma.

It is none of your concern to prevent other people from what your dogma calls "sinning." Neither is it the govt's concern to prohibit what your dogma calls "sin." Your concern is to beg forgiveness for what your dogma te ...[text shortened]... s a crime, I suggest you move to Iran. Non-heterosexuals are hanged there; you'd probably like that.
I am pointing out to you that your entitlement to believe what you will about reality is just as much dogma as anyone else', you keep saying dogma when applying the word to me as if your "incontrovertible truths" are something else. Where I'm pointing out to you that religious and secular beliefs are just beliefs that are filled with people's dogma because they believe things to be true while the other's beliefs are not as valid and somewhat less than.

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
I am pointing out to you that your entitlement to believe what you will about reality is just as much dogma as anyone else', you keep saying dogma when applying the word to me as if your "incontrovertible truths" are something else. Where I'm pointing out to you that religious and secular beliefs are just beliefs that are filled with people's dogma because they believe things to be true while the other's beliefs are not as valid and somewhat less than.
We live in countries which have rejected theocracy. If you don’t like living in a country with secular laws, you are free to leave.

Maybe you would like it better in Saudi Arabia. They execute people there for witchcraft. Straight out of the Bible, Ex. 22:18. Right up your alley.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said

Maybe you would like it better in Saudi Arabia. They execute people there for witchcraft. Straight out of the Bible, Ex. 22:18. Right up your alley.
For less than that.

If corporate Christianity wasn’t entrenched in western societal values it wouldn’t be far from core Islam. There is no difference in my mind.

Jesus could have been a Muslim and his message would have been the same.

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@divegeester said
For less than that.

If corporate Christianity wasn’t entrenched in western societal values it wouldn’t be far from core Islam. There is no difference in my mind.

Jesus could have been a Muslim and his message would have been the same.
Not sure I understand you there. There is no concept of sin in Islam,only ignorance of God’s purpose for man. Without a concept of sin, there is no need for a redeemer either. Muslims do not require any other intermediary, such as the church; each Muslim can petition Allah directly. For Christians, However, “he cannot have God for the Father who does not have the Church for his mother.” That is official doctrine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Feb 23

@moonbus said
We live in countries which have rejected theocracy. If you don’t like living in a country with secular laws, you are free to leave.

Do you think it will matter one wit if either in a theocracy or a country with secular laws are ruling over the individuals to the point of thought control, that it will matter if those in power care more about power than the people? Realize do you not that millions have also been put to death by people in power who did not believe in God too? Power reveals corruption, absolute power will absolutely reveal it, and people are corrupt. I don't recall who talked about power revealing corruption first, or I'd give them credit, it is a different quote than power corrupts.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Not sure I understand you there. There is no concept of sin in Islam,only ignorance of God’s purpose for man. Without a concept of sin, there is no need for a redeemer either. Muslims do not require any other intermediary, such as the church; each Muslim can petition Allah directly. For Christians, However, “he cannot have God for the Father who does not have the Church for his mother.” That is official doctrine.
Christianity there is God on the cross, Jesus the Word of God made flesh, it isn't a bunch of do-good laws, it is Christ in us our hope.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Feb 23

@moonbus said
I’m not comparing the details of the religions, just referring to the output of their extremism as in “being executed for witchcraft” as you mentioned.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’m not comparing the details of the religions, just referring to the output of their extremism as in “being executed for witchcraft” as you mentioned.
Or preaching from the pulpit that a leader should ‘disappear’. Kinda shows a lack of respect for human life, if not the electoral process.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Or preaching from the pulpit that a leader should ‘disappear’..
I didn’t know anyone had done that.