1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 08:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    All Christians must be vigilant lest our worship become naught but an empty ritual.
    An interesting post. Do you regard any of those outside of the Jehovah's Witness religion as being Christian? Or is you post addressed only to Jehovah's Witneses?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 08:124 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Applying its principles in their life?
    Are you referring to the Satanic principles of 'works' and 'living as Christ did'?
    Are you crazy?

Christians are saved eternally.
    All that is now required is for them to call Jesus name over and over for about 3 minutes
    Claim to love God for another 5 minutes
    Read the Bible for another 30
    Call Jesus name for another 3 minutes
    Repeat every 3 to 4 hours.
    You know its the most interesting phenomena and I think I understand the reason why.

The idea that matter is 'evil' and that the only reality is the spiritual realm I think can be traced back to Plato. I remember reading of his 'chariot of the soul' when I was a teenager, a white horse would pull it upwards towards heavenly and virtuous things, a dark horse would pull it downwards towards earthly things and damnation and thus you have the polarisation of matter verse spirituality with the former being deemed evil and the latter being deemed virtuous.

As Christianity absorbed Hellenistic philosophical ideas after the 4th century these ideas eventually manifested themselves and have come to rest in the religious ideas of 'Born again', Christians and others who put great emphasis on 'the spirit', to the detriment of all else. What this has produced in my opinion is an airy fairy kind of religion where the practitioners are so busy being 'filled with the spirit', that they are literally of no earthly benefit. The opposite of this has also occurred in that many Christian organisations now focus solely on humanitarian aims that their practitioners know next to nothing about the word of God which forms the very basis of their faith.

There is also another curious phenomena whereby Christians to avoid having to engage in humanitarian works themselves donate to charities in a kind of conscience appeasing exercise. I am not saying that donating to charities is wrong but its no substitute for a faith that is alive and well and which manifests itself in doing good towards others.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 08:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    An interesting post. Do you regard any of those outside of the Jehovah's Witness religion as being Christian? Or is you post addressed only to Jehovah's Witneses?
    Do you have any other mode other than interrogation trolling? Have I not told you that I am uninterested in your interrogation routine? Please be a good fellow and try to think of some other approach I've seen this one already.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 11:05
    All Christians must be vigilant lest our worship become naught but an empty ritual.
    Very true
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 14:151 edit
    You know its the most interesting phenomena and I think I understand the reason why.

The idea that matter is 'evil' and that the only reality is the spiritual realm I think can be traced back to Plato. I remember reading of his 'chariot of the soul' when I was a teenager, a white horse would pull it upwards towards heavenly and virtuous things, ...[text shortened]... tute for a faith that is alive and well and which manifests itself in doing good towards others.
    For me personally I see religions being of two types, those which promote SELF, and those which promote SELFLESSNESS. The second type is what Jesus and the Apostles preached about, and it is the way to eternal life as Christ went to great pains and great lengths to explain. As a result I would personally gravitate to the humanitarian type of church.

The first type which promotes SELF, is often characterized by:
    - claims of being saved eternally
    - the ridiculing of those who follow Jesus example and who attempt to be like him
    - claims of HS gifts most of which are a sham
    - the focus on mouth worship - calling Gods name in vain, loud and repetitive prayers etc
    - almost never admonishing members to avoid sin or to do good works as the Apostles preached

SELF is the way of the flesh, is contrary to Christ and leads to eternal death.
    SELFLESSNESS is Christlike, it is the way of the Spirit and leads to eternal life.

The SELF group constantly speak of the Holy Spirit claiming to have the Spirit of God etc, but this is a shallow claim and is not matched by their actions.

The SELFLESS group never speaks of the Holy Spirit, neither do they need to. Their lives and actions are living demonstration of God/Christ living in them.

Christ will judge who is who at the appropriate time.
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 03:312 edits
    No matter how well intentioned you may be, knocking on people's doors in order proselytise your religious organisation through fear, is not teaching the word is not what Paul had in mind when he wrote to Timothy.
    (Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and..... from house to house..... they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from..... house to house.

They did not have the internet in the 1st century so they told the good news about the Christ from door to door. We simply follow that pattern set by Jesus himself.

(Matthew 10:5-7) These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; 6 but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’

(Luke 10:1) After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go.

That was just the start.

Of course today we have the internet too. See JW.org
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 05:22
    Do you have any other mode other than interrogation trolling? Have I not told you that I am uninterested in your interrogation routine? Please be a good fellow and try to think of some other approach I've seen this one already.
    It's not an "approach", it is an on topic reply to your post. There is nothing trollist or integratogative about it whatsoever.

You made a post in here speaking to "all Christians", I'm just asking you if you regard others outside of your own Jehovah's Witness religion to be "Christian", or if the post was only addressed to other Jehovah's Witneses?

It's not a difficult question.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 05:27
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and..... from house to house..... they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from..... house to house.

They did not have the internet in ...[text shortened]... as to go.

That was just the start.

Of course today we have the internet too. See JW.org
    I am not denying that you go from house to house; your activities on the doorstep are well documented. I'm pointing to what you say, not how you go about it.

I'm also pointing to your success rate which indicates that the activities are not particularly effective and therefore not blessed or anointed as the disciples you compare yourselves with were.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 06:53
    The way to make progress as a Christian is to dispense with this airy fairy pie in the sky religion and to get out there and teach the word of God to people who will benefit from applying its principles in their life. There is NO substitute for a public ministry!
    It would be interesting to hear whether you think your activities on this forum are you 'getting out there' and 'teaching the word of God', whether they demonstrate you 'applying its principles in your life', and whether your words and behaviour in discussions here form part of what you see as your "public ministry".
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 07:41
    It's not an "approach", it is an on topic reply to your post. There is nothing trollist or integratogative about it whatsoever.

You made a post in here speaking to "all Christians", I'm just asking you if you regard others outside of your own Jehovah's Witness religion to be "Christian", or if the post was only addressed to other Jehovah's Witneses?

It's not a difficult question.
    interrogation trolling? seen it and the repeats a million squillion times
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 07:503 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    It would be interesting to hear whether you think your activities on this forum are you 'getting out there' and 'teaching the word of God', whether they demonstrate you 'applying its principles in your life', and whether your words and behaviour in discussions here form part of what you see as your "public ministry".
    Interesting to someone that has no interest in Christianity, who spent allegedly twenty years as a Christian and knows practically next to nothing about the Bible, an apostate who abandoned the teachings of the Christ for something approaching me-ism, who cannot tell us a single thing about the deity he allegedly believes in??? now why would that be interesting to you? I would think it more pertinent for you to find out about your own deity, to focus on your own spirituality rather than interest yourself with other people. Sorry but I've seen your interrogation trolling routine a thousand times, nothing you have ever said is remotely beneficial from a spiritual perspective. Your approach is to my mind, empty, hollow and devoid of anything approaching substance primarily because your entire approach is to humiliate and find fault with imperfect people. Sorry if you find that offensive please don't take it personally. Christians are also counselled to have nothing to do with apostates of which you are undoubtedly one. Sorry again if that offends you but you are what you are.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 07:551 edit
    I am not denying that you go from house to house; your activities on the doorstep are well documented. I'm pointing to what you say, not how you go about it.

I'm also pointing to your success rate which indicates that the activities are not particularly effective and therefore not blessed or anointed as the disciples you compare yourselves with were.
    I don't think he will be taking any lessons on how to preach and teach the good news of Gods kingdom from a complete novice. Please don't take it personally but you are what you are.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 08:22
    Interesting to someone that has no interest in Christianity, who spent allegedly twenty years as a Christian and knows practically next to nothing about the Bible, an apostate who abandoned the teachings of the Christ for something approaching me-ism, who cannot tell us a single thing about the deity he allegedly believes in??? now why would that be interesting to you? I would think it more pertinent for you to find out about your own deity, to focus on your own spirituality rather than interest yourself with other people. Sorry but I've seen your interrogation trolling routine a thousand times, nothing you have ever said is remotely beneficial from a spiritual perspective. Your approach is to my mind, empty, hollow and devoid of anything approaching substance primarily because your entire approach is to humiliate and find fault with imperfect people. Sorry if you find that offensive please don't take it personally. Christians are also counselled to have nothing to do with apostates of which you are undoubtedly one. Sorry again if that offends you but you are what you are.

It was a straight forward question. You mentioned your supposed "public ministry" yet again. And you have acted hyper-sensitively to any discussion of yet again. It's interesting to note how tangential and personalized your evasion is.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 08:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Interesting to someone that has no interest in Christianity, who spent allegedly twenty years as a Christian and knows practically next to nothing about the Bible, an apostate who abandoned the teachings of the Christ for something approaching me-ism, who cannot tell us a single thing about the deity he allegedly believes in??? now why would that be interest ...[text shortened]... n of [b]yet again. It's interesting to note how tangential and personalized your evasion is.[/b]
    seen it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 08:40
    seen it.
    For a Christian who has spent ten years here - at least in so far as I have witnessed it - trying to give the impression that you are more involved 'in doing God's work' in your everyday life than the other Christians here, aside perhaps from galveston75 and roigam, you seem awfully insecure about it when asked.

Do your antics here on this Spirituality Forum form part of your "public ministry" and do they form part of your application of the principles of 'the word of God' to the way you live your life, or are you simply taking a break from doing all that when you are here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree