1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:172 edits
    There is nothing basically wrong with going from door to door to tell people about the Gospel. Going from house to house to preach the Gospel is good.

Going from house to house to preach false teachings about Jesus Christ is not good.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    For me personally I see religions being of two types, those which promote SELF, and those which promote SELFLESSNESS. The second type is what Jesus and the Apostles preached about, and it is the way to eternal life as Christ went to great pains and great lengths to explain. As a result I would personally gravitate to the humanitarian type of church.

The f ...[text shortened]... nstration of God/Christ living in them.

Christ will judge who is who at the appropriate time.
    - claims of HS gifts most of which are a sham

You think the Holy Spirit is a sham?
    What scriptures do you think are false that speak of the gifts of the Spirit?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    I promised someone that I would open a thread on the practice of Prayreading.

So this will be an attempt. This practice of prayreading the word of God is an excellent way to make progress as a Christian.

So what is Prayereading ? It is the spiritual exercise of combining reading of the Bible with praying with and over the words of the Bible. Christ ...[text shortened]... d it prayreading as some do today. But we know without a doubt that they practiced what we mean.
    Prayer and scripture reading should be a focal part of every believer. If you think about it,
    to claim to be a believe yet never making the time to pray or read God's Word says what
    about how you feel about both? If anyone truly believed that the Bible is the Word of the
    Most High God you'd think they would want to read it. If anyone truly believed God both
    answers prayer and gives us direction among other things as we pray they would be
    praying all the time. The scripture even teaches us we should be praying without ceasing.
    So if someone who claims to love the Lord does not pray, what does that say about their
    love of God?

I'd say as long as we are seeking God and His will through prayer and study we would be
    doing well. If we are doing both just to get what we want, than our attempts are no
    different than someone rubbing a lamp hoping the genie gives us what we ask for.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    - claims of HS gifts most of which are a sham

Claims of Holy Spirit gifts. ... CLAIMS

CLAIMS ... People make false claims. That has been proven and demonstrated.

Sometimes you talk like you live in a hole somewhere and totally oblivious to the corrupt, greedy, selfish and false side of Christian leaders and pastors.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:48
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't think going house to house in the book of Acts meant the same thing as today's knocking on doors.
    The church met in homes. There were church meetings in homes, not like today's mega church buildings.
    The church had established leaders, etc., who taught small groups in their own homes.
    You will see the remark in Acts about the "church in their ...[text shortened]... heir house.
    NKJV

Church is ekkleesías, which means a group "called out", not a building.[/b]
    yes, most excellent!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 15:581 edit

Sometimes you talk like you live in a hole somewhere and totally oblivious to the corrupt, greedy, selfish and false side of Christian leaders and pastors.
    I want you to be clear in what you are saying, because you are not always! Claims about
    the Spirt in scripture or what people are saying? If it is scripture than it does not matter
    what people say if there is truth about the gifts in scripture. There will always be false
    Christians, false claims about nearly everything, simply because there are those who are
    false does not at all mean that the real thing isn't true!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 16:09
    I want you to be clear in what you are saying, because you are not always! Claims about
    the Spirt in scripture or what people are saying? If it is scripture than it does not matter
    what people say if there is truth about the gifts in scripture. There will always be false
    Christians, false claims about nearly everything, simply because there are those who are
    false does not at all mean that the real thing isn't true!
    I was very clear.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 16:27
    I was very clear.
    You really need to start considering how others will receive your words, granted between
    your ears you are more than likely spot on. Yet when others start to question your meaning
    you should understand you are not being clear to everyone. NOT a fault you share alone
    we all do this.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 16:44
    You really need to start considering how others will receive your words, granted between
    your ears you are more than likely spot on. Yet when others start to question your meaning
    you should understand you are not being clear to everyone. NOT a fault you share alone
    we all do this.
    What was I not clear about?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 17:271 edit
    Prayer and scripture reading should be a focal part of every believer. If you think about it,

For certain, faith is fed by the word of God. The word of God brings alive and conveys faith.

Prayer done well blends us with God's presence. We also come away from good prayer somewhat slightly changed. Therefore prayer can lead to transformation.

Praying the word of God therefore combines both. What a worthwhile time of strengthening our walk with God.

to claim to be a believe yet never making the time to pray or read God's Word says what about how you feel about both?

In the arsenal of tools designed to progress one's spiritual life one of the most important is the TIME set aside regular to read / pray the word of God. If new believers in Jesus are taught to set a side a specific time to spend in prayer and in the word they will learn a lot.

For me the best time is in the morning. And these times also one learns God's speaking - God's voice in the spirit. And in this way amazingly detailed guidance can be the believer's, as well as nourishment.

If anyone truly believed that the Bible is the Word of the
    Most High God you'd think they would want to read it. If anyone truly believed God both
    answers prayer and gives us direction among other things as we pray they would be
    praying all the time. The scripture even teaches us we should be praying without ceasing.

Praying without ceasing is like a breathing. We breath without ceasing.
    Our prayer can eventually evolve into a kind of unconscious breathing of the Lord it seems. In this stage we may be busy doing somethings else in the outer man. But the inner man is before God.

This comes as we are broken from our natural man. Originally our outer man and our inner man are kind of stuck together. In this stage we talk a lot about "turning" to the Spirit.

As some things occur to break our natural life the outer man and the inner man become more divided. Then we more and more live the presence of God in a kind of continuous unconscious manner. Our outer man is busy with the things of the world. But our innerman is rather unconsciously enjoying the presence of the Spirit.

Something of this was meant in the book of Hebrews where the writer talks about "the division of soul and spirit".

" For the word of God is living and operative and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit ... " (See Hebrews 4:12)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 17:29
    The soulish component and the spiritual component are stuck together. And in the fallen man the soulish component is his ruling part. When his spirit is made alive through regeneration he realizes that there is a spiritual dimension to his being. But the two are often confused.

"Is this God or is this just ME?"

That is a frequent dilemma. Through patience and experience God brings about a dividing of the soul and the spirit. He does this to cause the spirit of man to ascend to its rightful place as the highest part of man.

As this division takes place discernment encreases. "That is just my self. That is not the Spirit in my spirit." The skill of discernment encreases. This is not introspection. It is something else. But related to this is the word of God also piercing our hearts and dividing the soul and the spirit.

The inner motives are often not clear to us. But as the word of God pierces our heart, more and more we can see the intents of the heart. We can see what we are really up to. And we can accordingly confess our sins and also know that what we are about is of God.

Here is the whole verse:

"For the word of God is living and operative and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And there is no creature that is not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and laid bare to the eyes of Him to whom we are to give our account." (Hebrews 4:12,13)

So if someone who claims to love the Lord does not pray, what does that say about their love of God?

I'd say as long as we are seeking God and His will through prayer and study we would be doing well. If we are doing both just to get what we want, than our attempts are no
    different than someone rubbing a lamp hoping the genie gives us what we ask for.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 17:441 edit
    What was I not clear about?
    I'll ask my questions again maybe it be clearer to you this time.

13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 18:031 edit
    I'll ask my questions again maybe it be clearer to you this time.

And I will repeat my answer:

14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 20:48
    And I will repeat my answer:

You really should grasp the fact that when someone is asking for some clarification it is
    not because there is some disagreement or something is going on to make you look bad.
    it is just wanting to know what they are asking.

I don't care what you think of other people, THAT was not my question, my question had
    to do with the gifts of the Spirit in scripture.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 21:23
    You really should grasp the fact that when someone is asking for some clarification it is
    not because there is some disagreement or something is going on to make you look bad.
    it is just wanting to know what they are asking.

I don't care what you think of other people, THAT was not my question, my question had
    to do with the gifts of the Spirit in scripture.
    My comment was about crooked pastors who pretend to have HS gifts.
    I made no comment about disagreeing with what scripture said about HS gifts.
    Neither am I going to make one, in case you did not figure that out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree