Prayreading the Word

Prayreading the Word

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 16

Originally posted by roigam
Sorry you don't see the truthfullness of what we preach. It is from the Bible and therefore the same as what the Apostles taught. We too were part of what the Christian church has bwecome until diligent Bible study freed us from wrong ideas.
Jehovah's Organization is blessed in many ways.
There are now over 8 million members.
Bible literature is now trans ...[text shortened]... your own opinion. We hope you go beyond what has been handeed down to you. (see telephone game)
Religious groups and organisations are of no interest to God. God is interested in people of all nations and religions and groups who have lived in accordance with the commandments of His son Jesus.
God will judge who these people are and welcome them into His Kingdom

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I pity you and your lack of understanding.

I condemn those pastors and leaders who are confessed crooks and shysters or who have been caught redhanded committing acts of depraved evil eg stealing money from the churches, having sex with church members and minors, claiming to have gifts of the HS etc etc. There are many such cases out there and this is pu ...[text shortened]... ternal life.

I have said this to you dozens of times but your head cannot seem to process it.
People make false claims everywhere all the time nothing new.
If you are going to condemn anyone, then you need to make sure your words are not also
painting others who could be walking out in the truth. You typically condemn those who
are 'Christians", "Pastors" and so on without making the distinction of being confessed
crooks and shysters, and giving others passes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
People make false claims everywhere all the time nothing new.
If you are going to condemn anyone, then you need to make sure your words are not also
painting others who could be walking out in the truth. You typically condemn those who
are 'Christians", "Pastors" and so on without making the distinction of being confessed
crooks and shysters, and giving others passes.
My language was clear. Your reading comprehension is poor .. you fix that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 16

My language was clear. Your reading comprehension is poor .. you fix that.
You do realize that communication is two way correct? If you are not being clear and you
have to explain your first post with a 2nd I don't think you get to say you are being very
clear. Between your ears I'm sure you are, but for everyone else, not so much.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
The fact that ONLY humans claim to teach the words of Christ is suspicious in the extreme.

To me it points to the obvious: No god or deity made religions, only men.

The thing is men can be very pursuasive and creative, we don't need a god to come up with pithy sayings. You do that enough over centuries and you will have more material than you can put ...[text shortened]... another ten million years or so. Hope they don't screw up the planet like the last bunch........
Man, you are going to be in for a shocker when the Tribulation starts!

y

Moves
21 Jun 16

You do realize that communication is two way correct? If you are not being clear and you
have to explain your first post with a 2nd I don't think you get to say you are being very
I am afraid all the talking in the world can't change some, I think the dude is unteachable and that is a shame.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 16

This problem you have started with this statement I made apparently:

- claims of HS gifts most of which are a sham

Most people of normal intelligence and reading/interpretation skills will see that it means:
- not all those who make this claim are lying, although some are
- there is no reason to believe that the writer is saying that what the Bible is saying about HS gifts is incorrect
- that not every Christian pastor or leader are crooks and shysters although some are.

So for you [and other poor readers like yoctobyte] I would have to write a whole bunch of disclaimers and clarifications for every sentence in order for you to understand.

I would not be doing that .. so in the future here is some advice .. dont read my posts.

y

Moves
22 Jun 16

This problem you have started with this statement I made apparently:

- claims of HS gifts most of which are a sham

Most people of normal intelligence and reading/interpretation skills will see that it means:
- not all those who make this claim are lying, although some are
- there is no reason to believe that the writer is saying that what the ...[text shortened]... and.

I would not be doing that .. so in the future here is some advice .. dont read my posts.
You really don't see how obnoxious you are, do you? You say things like...

"Most intelligent people' when addressing some one.

"My seven year old niece can splain"

"Other poor readers"

What is really sad is you have become wise in your own eyes, you cannot receive anything that anybody has to say, period. I know this is a public forum but you might want to try having a little more courtesy... you might be better received.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jun 16

Originally posted by yoctobyte
You really don't see how obnoxious you are, do you? You say things like...

"Most intelligent people' when addressing some one.

"My seven year old niece can splain"

"Other poor readers"

What is really sad is you have become wise in your own eyes, you cannot receive anything that anybody has to say, period. I know this is a public forum but you might want to try having a little more courtesy... you might be better received.
My definition of obnoxious fits you perfectly. You post in these discussions without contributing to the content and without adding value. Make a solid contribution instead of brown-nosing.

Why my language is harsh is not as important as why you fail to see that there are posters who continue to attack me and attempt to derail my threads and posts. Recently KJ has followed me around in all my posts asking me the very same question over and over.

Here in this thread he insists that my comment requires clarification when it can be seen that none is required. These are all tactics to change the focus of the topic and they do this simply because they do not like the teachings of Jesus Christ .. and neither do you as far as I can see.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16

Prayreading.

How about another little example ? Let's take one of Rajk999's arsenal passages.

You see the WHOLE BIBLE is a prayer book. I do not suggest that you start with long geneologies in the book of Numbers ... yet. But there are so many good portions to prayread.

Now I will demonstrate how I might prayread one of Rajk999's dearest and nearest passages to demonstrate how profitable it is to, rather argue over it, but EAT it prayerfully. One needs doctrinal correction, prayreading is good for instruction in righteousness and reproof and correction (2 Tim. 3:16) .

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
[b]Prayreading.

How about another little example ? Let's take one of Rajk999's arsenal passages.

You see the WHOLE BIBLE is a prayer book. I do not suggest that you start with long geneologies in the book of Numbers ... yet. But there are so many good portions to prayread.

Now I will demonstrate how I might prayread one of ...[text shortened]... ading is good for instruction in righteousness and reproof and correction (2 Tim. 3:16) .[/b]
Rajk999's passages?

Have I not quoted what Christ and the Apostles preached, and what is written in the Bible?
How did it become my passage?
I provide no explanation or analysis.
I quote no third party, aftermarket commentary.
I quote the passage and it speaks for itself.

For example all of these by Christ says the same thing... no explanation required. They speak for themselves.
The teachings of Jesus Christ are beautiful.. prayread these:

Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16
1 edit

So here's a favorite proof text of one poster I can prayread -

First you read the passage through. Then you go back through it phrase by phrase, praying, affirming, praising, petitioning, whatever moves in your heart to do, reverently.

Hebrews 10:26,27

"For when we sin willfully after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there o longer remains a sacrifice for sins. "

Then you prayread, like this perhaps -

Amen Lord Jesus! For when we sin .." Amen. Lord thankyou for your hatred of sin. Thankyou Lord God for your exposing of sin. For when we sin ..". Amen Lord Jesus. Lord, DO keep me from sinning. Lord I love You. Amen For when we sin willfully ..." Amen Lord Jesus. Lord I do ask You to preserve me from sinning willfully. Amen Lord. My will is for You Lord. My will is towards You Lord. Amen.

"sin willfully ..". Lord Jesus, praise You for Your absolutely sinless life. Lord Jesus You never sinned by mistake and You never sinned willfully. Praise You Lord!

sin willfully ... Amen. Lord Jesus gain my WILL. Lord permeate my will. Thankyou Lord. Amen.

willfully after receiving the full knowledge of the truth. Amen Lord. Lord Jesus I THANK You for the truth that I have received. Amen. Lord I open to receive MORE truth. Lord I open even to receive the full truth. O Lord. You are the truth. Praise You Lord Jesus - the way and the truth and the life. Amen.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16
1 edit

You see, I am giving example of how I might prayread that passage of Heb 10:26.
You have to break it up into smaller bite size portions. Remember, the Bible says "ALL Scripture is GOD BREATHED ..." .

That means God breathed out "For".
God breathed out "when".
God breathed out "we".
God breathed out "sin".

God breathed out "sin willfully". Amen.
And God BREATHED out "after receiving". Amen.
And God breathed out "after receiving the full knowledge".

God breathed out every word because

" All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for ..."

Inhaling!

Some of you have tried toking in smoke. Why don't you spend a half an hour some morning or evening inhaling in God's words for the profit it gives. Breath in the Word of the Bible. Breath in God. Breath in Christ.

Masticate the word of God. Use your own heart and turn the Scripture into you honest prayer to God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16

Prayreading combines reading of the Bible with praying. It can be personalized as much as you need.

Prayreading can ALSO [and this is important] be the basis of an entire Christian meeting. Without need for a "Reverend" or an official "Pastor" to of necessity deliver a speech, how about getting some people together in your living room, and together PRAYREADING through a chapter of the Bible ?

Everyone speaks. Everyone prays. Everyone praises, calls out to God, listens to others, follows others, participates and functions.

Prayreading corporately will revolutionize the way of Christian meetings.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16
3 edits

Everyone of these passages is excellent for prayreading.

Look at this menu !

Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

A group of Christians could come together and take four of these passages in a session, and prayread through them.

Most of the time prayreading is more enjoyable than debate and arguing. In prayreading everyone DIRECTLY goes to the Head - Christ. Everyone exalts to the Head - God. Everyone focuses not on each other but on God. And God has the last word because we are praying His word.

Look in the book of Revelation in the old KJV it said -

"Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of this prophecy." Not all English versions I have seen read ALOUD lately. But I remember years ago I distinctly read Revelation 1:3 saying -

"Blessed is he who reads [ALOUD] the words of the prophecy and keep what is wrotten in it, for the time is near."

Now everyone knows Revelation is hard to understand. Right? But God tells us of the blessedness which comes from READING it anyway, and that "aloud".

Oh, I remember the night me and two friends were in the town square in Princeton New Jersey. It must have been going on midnight. We sat there and read aloud the first few chapters of Revelation.

What an exciting time it was. What a happy time to read together aloud by turns the word of God. Prayreading is exciting too. You cannot go wrong. Or at least you cannot EASILY go wrong. What are you doing? You are turning the word of God aloud into prayer. You are mixing your personal intimate need to pray with reading the precious promises of God.

I only used in my example above one of Rajk999's proof texts on his attitude, to show that it is often more profitable to PRAY over a passage than to ARGUE over a passage.

Even two Christian brothers with different opinions can PRAY - READ a passage from the Bible that they have varied views about. The love in the Spirit and the bonding in God's word may often cause them to drop their strong opinions to just be FED,FED, Nourished by the sustenance of God's word.