Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 21:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So some of the bible can be symbolic?
    What a hypocrite you are!!

Remember this?
    We young earthers have chosen to believe the Holy Bible

Believe the bits you want and discard the rest as symbolic?
    Who are you to decide?
    A fool, hypocrite, cheat and liar.
    Don't overlook the word "perhaps" and also when have I ever said that there was not one thing written in the Holy Bible that was not meant to be interpreted in a symbolic way?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 22:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, then perhaps the 144,000 is not a real number but a symbolic number representing something in heaven too.
    Well, then perhaps the 7 days of creation is not a real number but a symbolic number representing billions of years ...
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Well, then perhaps the 7 days of creation is not a real number but a symbolic number representing billions of years ...
    No, they are real days because they are identified as evening and morning and the 7th day is observed as a Sabbath Day of rest by the Jews today in honor of the day God rested after the creation events. It is clear to me that these days are not symbolic, but real 7 days as we understand 7 days today along with the Jews.

P.S. However, the the story of the serpent tempting Eve is likely to be symbolic, but not the creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree