1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 16:11
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Why we cannot?

Your ..."movement" is not something abstract, but a specific action which is promoted by a team of real persons which they are fully responsible for their decisions. These persons are constantly backed up by the Republican party and the Vatican.

You in person, you said that you feel not guilty and at the same time you stated that th ...[text shortened]... the denial -but BTW this order was backed up from the Pro-life citizens, yourself included.
    I can tell you with certainty that I was not notified about the decision before it was enacted so it was not necessarily backed up by me personally.
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 16:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So are you saying that the movement is impotent? Everything done by its leaders are to be attributed to its leaders alone? So as a member of the movement you do nothing? Your opinions are worthless?
    In the US abortion has been fought over since Roe vs. Wade in 1973. Of course the movement is not impotent but we're handcuffed by the law of the land....and who said I've done nothing (concerning abortion).
  3. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 16:19
    We are all having a civilized conversation in this thread about something that we all care about. It's interesting how none of you have said anything to shavixmir about some of his posts mostly directed toward me. If I had said anything even remotely close to the blatant spewing of hatred toward any of you I suspect that I would have had a gang attacking me. Despite the fact that many of us disagree we can still have a decent conversation, can't we?
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 17:56
    Originally posted by chappy1
    I can tell you with certainty that I was not notified about the decision before it was enacted so it was not necessarily backed up by me personally.
    Is this the reason why you stated:
    "I'm pro life and I don't feel guilty about this in the slightest."?

And yes, this conversation has to do with decisions which for millions of real people -for millions of children actually- are a matter of life or death; shavixmir is really pissed and quite naive over here, but your attitude is by far more appaling.

To be frank, I also cannot understand why you think that the denial of the BC products to the Africans is justified; this has nothing to do with our other conversation regarding the issue of the abortion.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 18:11
    Do you think that those who did enact it, thought they would get your support by doing so? Why do you think they did it?
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 18:14

And yes, this conversation has to do with decisions which for millions of real people -for millions of children actually- are a matter of life or death; shavixmir is really pissed and quite naive over here, but your attitude is by far more appalin ...[text shortened]... ied; this has nothing to do with our other conversation regarding the issue of the abortion.
    I didn't say it was justified. I said the denial of birth control was wrong.
  7. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 18:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you think that those who did enact it, thought they would get your support by doing so? Why do you think they did it?
    They probably did. It's because they assume that everyone who is pro-life (against abortion) is also against birth control. I view them as two separate things.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 18:20
    We are all having a civilized conversation in this thread about something that we all care about. It's interesting how none of you have said anything to shavixmir about some of his posts mostly directed toward me. If I had said anything even remotely close to the blatant spewing of hatred toward any of you I suspect that I would have had a gang attacking m ...[text shortened]... Despite the fact that many of us disagree we can still have a decent conversation, can't we?
    shavixmir is best ignored. I suggest you do the same. If you had said something along his lines I would probably have ignored you too.
    So far I have found your answers very reasonable.
    The truth is I live in South Africa and know next to nothing about the Pro-life movement in the US and merely wanted to get some clarity.
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 18:20

And yes, this conversation has to do with decisions which for millions of real people -for millions of children actually- are a matter of life or death; shavixmir is really pissed and quite naive over here, but your attitude is by far more appalin ...[text shortened]... ied; this has nothing to do with our other conversation regarding the issue of the abortion.
    I said it was wrong so why is my opinion apalling?
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 00:21
    It's interesting how none of you have said anything to shavixmir about some of his posts mostly directed toward me.
    If you look on page 6 of this thread, you'll see that I used some gentle sarcasm to tell shavimir that his posts are quite juvenille. Personally, I think that he should be banned since he adds absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. He obviously has some severe mental problems (or perhaps he's just immature and rude) so maybe us theists should pray for him.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 03:242 edits
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    If you look on page 6 of this thread, you'll see that I used some gentle sarcasm to tell shavimir that his posts are quite juvenille. Personally, I think that he should be banned since he adds absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. He obviously has some severe mental problems (or perhaps he's just immature and rude) so maybe us theists should pray for him.
    Wow thank you very much. I appreciate that. Yes I already have prayed for him as a matter of fact. I'll pray again.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 04:03
    I said it was wrong so why is my opinion apalling?
    Because it is not just "wrong". When children die because of a stupid decision of some religioius morons you cannot claim that this decision was "wrong".
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 12:48
    Wow thank you very much. I appreciate that. Yes I already have prayed for him as a matter of fact. I'll pray again.
    Yes I already have prayed for him as a matter of fact. I'll pray again.
    And again, and again, and again. and throw in a fasting too.
    I was thinking more that he needed a exorcism.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:20
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b] Yes I already have prayed for him as a matter of fact. I'll pray again.
    And again, and again, and again. and throw in a fasting too.
    I was thinking more that he needed a exorcism.[/b]
    I explained in detail at the very first page of this thread that our hobey-tongued brother shavixmir is invaded by the spirit of the Antichrist
    😵
  15. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 15:22
    Because it is not just "wrong". When children die because of a stupid decision of some religioius morons you cannot claim that this decision was "wrong".
    Well it wasn't right so what was it then?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree