1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 04:32
    if that is incorrect, explain to me why it is not 50%, are you saying that there is 6 possibilities? do you believe that it is possible that god(s) can half exist or 1/4 exist and so on, so that there is 6 different possibilities?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if that is incorrect, explain to me why it is not 50%, are you saying that there is 6 possibilities? do you believe that it is possible that god(s) can half exist or 1/4 exist and so on, so that there is 6 different possibilities?
    Go buy a lottery ticket. You either win, or you don't, so you have a 50% chance of winning. 🙄

Put your hand in your pocket. There's either a diamond in it or not, so you have a 50% chance of having a diamond in your pocket. 🙄

And so on.
  3. Joined
    17 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 10:05
    YOUR POINT OF VIEW ON GOD AND ATHEISM REFLECT YOUR WAY TO PLAY CHESS.YOU CALCULATE TOO MUCH!THERE IS A GAME TO PLAY
    AND YOU WANT TO WIN!IF YOU CAN ENJOY THE GAME... MUCH BETTER,IF YOU SUFFER... YOU HOPE IS A GOOD GAME.AT THE END EVERYBODY WILL LOOSE AND YOU WILL NOT PLAY ANYMORE.
    CONCENTRATE ON THE RULES AND TRY TO LOOSE LESS!!!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 11:261 edit
    a die has 6 sides, that is it can be 1,2,3,4,5,6. with god(s) there is two possibilities, he exists or he does not exist. you can not compare the two together. but when you flip a coin, you have two possibilites; heads or tails. so the appropriate comparison is the coin, you get heads or tails. it is a %50 chance that the coin is heads and vice-versa, it is a %50 chance that god(s) exist(s).
    With God, there are also gods that exist. Without God, there are also gods that exist.

It's 50/50 like you say, to me also...

(The odds are obviously going to change, depending on your view on life. Different for everyone!)
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 12:03
    1. you are a theist, and you are right and you worshipped ect. and go to heaven or w/e benifits you are offered for worshipping God.
    2. you are a theist and God doesn't exist, so nothing happens.
    3. you are an atheist and God exists so you are punished.
    4. you are an atheist and God doesnt exist so nothing happens.

so if you are a theist you hav ...[text shortened]... theist wrong, and a theist has a 1/2 chance of proving an atheist wrong so it is 50%/50%.
    You're missing the biggest point:

If you are a theist and you are right you will eventually know this, if you are a theist and you are wrong you will never know this.

If you are an atheist and you are right you will never know this, if you are an atheist and you are wrong you will eventually know this.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 12:44
    Originally posted by Ian68
    You're missing the biggest point:

If you are a theist and you are right you will eventually know this, if you are a theist and you are wrong you will never know this.

If you are an atheist and you are right you will never know this, if you are an atheist and you are wrong you will eventually know this.
    Answers are found in death. Anyone know any dead people we can ask? lol.
  7. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 13:00
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    Answers are found in death. Anyone know any dead people we can ask? lol.
    Not if death is the end.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 13:222 edits
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Not if death is the end.
    O.K.

If your examples give theists to believe in life after death, then they are spot on.

1) It is silly for a theist to not believe in a life after death for fact God had made us.

2) It is silly for an atheist to believe in a life after death, for fact they don't believe God made us.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 15:06
    There aren't statistical odds anyway, and it doesn't matter if you're an atheist or theist.

A belief in God is when found when God chooses. If God's presence is shown then you believe.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:08
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Go buy a lottery ticket. You either win, or you don't, so you have a 50% chance of winning. 🙄

Put your hand in your pocket. There's either a diamond in it or not, so you have a 50% chance of having a diamond in your pocket. 🙄

And so on.
    the probability of the lottery should not be based on whether you win or lose, it should be based on the process, that weird machine they use which is obviously not 50/50. you can not base probability on something you know, like the diamond thing.
  11. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:09
    Calm down guys. Unless you're dead (or God reveals himself, which I'll go into later), then you can't prove it either way. You are right or wrong, but no-one can prove which way the toss goes.
    Unless God reveals himself a substantial amount of time before Judgement Day, then even if you see God you won't have any chance to properly convert anyway.
    One more thought; Karl Marx called religion the "Opium of the Masses".
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:14
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    Calm down guys. Unless you're dead (or God reveals himself, which I'll go into later), then you can't prove it either way. You are right or wrong, but no-one can prove which way the toss goes.
    Unless God reveals himself a substantial amount of time before Judgement Day, then even if you see God you won't have any chance to properly convert anyway.
    good point, since nobody can prove God(s) existence or non-existance then it is a 50/50 as i was saying all along.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:26
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    It isn't even a toss in reality from a Christians point of view, because it's only those people who get shown God's presence... to the point they believe. Few are chosen is a better guideline to the truth of the matter, yet that is impossible to tell.

I'll have a guess...

2% believe in God.

38% think they do.

60% don't.
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:27
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    It isn't even a toss in reality from a Christians point of view, because it's only those people who get shown God's presence... to the point they believe. Few are chosen is a better guideline to the truth of the matter, yet that is impossible to tell.

I'll have a guess...

2% believe in God.

38% think they do.

60% don't.
    what makes you think that?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 16:29
    I'm just plucking numbers out of the air.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree