probability

probability

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
18 Nov 06
1 edit

1. you are a theist, and you are right and you worshipped ect. and go to heaven or w/e benifits you are offered for worshipping God.
2. you are a theist and God doesn't exist, so nothing happens.
3. you are an atheist and God exists so you are punished.
4. you are an atheist and God doesnt exist so nothing happens.

so if you are a theist you have a 1/2 chance of being saved or w/e benifits you get from worshipping god, if you are atheist you have a 0 probability of that. so still, it is more logical to be a theist, UNLESS you look at it from an atheist point of view.

1. is the same as the first "1."
2. you are a theist and God doesn't exist, so you feel shamed that you were tricked into believing in something so stupid.
3. you are an atheist and God exists and you are punished.
4. you are an atheist and God doesn't exist so you rub it in the theists face and you tell them "i told you so" and saved the humiliation of being tricked into theism.

the only reason i would think somebody would be atheist is because they believe they are right, and if they believe they are right then they must like to prove that they are right. so they have a 1/2 chance of proving a theist wrong, and a theist has a 1/2 chance of proving an atheist wrong so it is 50%/50%.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Nov 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
1. you are a theist, and you are right and you worshipped ect. and go to heaven or w/e benifits you are offered for worshipping God.

so if you are a theist you hav ...[text shortened]... theist wrong, and a theist has a 1/2 chance of proving an atheist wrong so it is 50%/50%.
So as far as your concern truth about God only rests with what we
get out of it nothing more?
Kelly

E

Moves
18 Nov 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
So as far as your concern truth about God only rests with what we
get out of it nothing more?
Kelly
not at all, but it was just interesting to me.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Nov 06

so if you are a theist you hav ...[text shortened]... theist wrong, and a theist has a 1/2 chance of proving an atheist wrong so it is 50%/50%.
*Sigh*

Do you enjoy flaunting your stupidity for all to see?

E

Moves
18 Nov 06

so if you are a theist you hav ...[text shortened]... ll, it is more logical to be a theist, UNLESS you look at it from an atheist point of view.

the first part is based apon fact, the second on opinion and wild guess. so tell me how that is stupid, or are you calling me stupid because you know the first part is true?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Nov 06

the first part is based apon fact, the second on opinion and wild guess. so tell me how that is stupid, or are you calling me stupid because you know the first part is true?
The entire post is based upon opinion and wild guess. You're stupid for thinking there's any semblence of fact in there at all. Believe me, if you could see how stupid you really are, you'd be appalled. Maybe one day you will.

E

Moves
18 Nov 06

Originally posted by rwingett
The entire post is based upon opinion and wild guess. You're stupid for thinking there's any semblence of fact in there at all. Believe me, if you could see how stupid you really are, you'd be appalled. Maybe one day you will.
if you are an atheist then there is two possibilities; you are wrong or right. if you are a theist, there is two possibilites; you are wrong or right. that is not fact?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Nov 06

if you are an atheist then there is two possibilities; you are wrong or right. if you are a theist, there is two possibilites; you are wrong or right. that is not fact?
Because it is an either/or proposition, it does not follow that it is a 50/50 chance. Have you read any of the other posts in this forum that have already dealt with this fact? I had Dr. Scribbles spell it out for you in the 2/3 thread. If you haven't read it then I recommend you to do so immediately. If you have read it and still utter such nonsense then I'm afraid the 'stupid' label will have to be tattooed on your forehead.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
18 Nov 06

There ARE two possibilities.

*sighs*

E

Moves
18 Nov 06

well im not going to into which is more likely God's existance, or God's non-existance cuz thats never going to be proven. lol

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Nov 06

Imagine that a post based upon opinion and guesses. 🙂
Kelly

a

Moves
18 Nov 06
1 edit

I think the stupid who think of other's thoughts to be stubid just because they don't match his way of thinking.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Nov 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
I think the stupid who think of other's thoughts to be stubid just because they don't match his way of thinking.
I don't think his thoughts are stupid because they don't match my way of thinking.

I think his thoughts are stupid because they are wrong. My way of thinking has nothing to do with it.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Nov 06

well im not going to into which is more likely God's existance, or God's non-existance cuz thats never going to be proven. lol
A moment ago you were claiming that god's existence was just as likely as his non-existence. Now you're saying you won't go into which is more likely. It seems we are making some progress.

E

Moves
18 Nov 06

there is a difference between this and what dr. scribbles said, dr. scribbles says the die can be either a 3 or not a 3, but there is 5 other possiblities. with this one, there is two possibilities, his theory is flawed. God can not half-exist, he either does or he doesnt. since there is only two possibilities, it should be compared to a coin, not a die. when you flip a coin it is either heads or tails and has a 50% chance to land on heads.