1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Fornication is sin.
    I don't have a biblical reference for morality vs sin.

Do you agree with the OP and think promiscuity is a sound philosophy/way to live?
    Promiscuity isn't fornication though.
    Isn't "fornication" unlawful and/or unnatural sex? (I concede I may be wrong)
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:49
    I agree wholeheartedly. My question to wolfgang59's OP which pertains to "promiscuity" rather than "purposefully learning" remains unanswered though.

To the fathers and mothers here: do you subscribe to the premise of encouraging your daughters (or sons, but daughters particularly), to be promiscuous as a sound life philosophy/way to live?
    Just to be clear.
    I would neither encourage or discourage promiscuity to my children.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:53
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    My daughter is 2 years old but when she is 18 she can make her own decisions.
    It may be appropriate for her, it may not.
    But if as you say, promiscuity is "a sound way to live", surely you will encourage her to be promiscuous?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:53
    Just to be clear.
    I would neither encourage or discourage promiscuity to my children.
    But your OP says that you, as a father, think promiscuity is "a sound way to live".
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:58
    Neither do I.
    Of course I would be protective of any child and not want to see them "burnt" in a relationship.
    What about FMF's and Goad's premise about exploring ones self through promiscuity prior to committing to a relationship?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:59
    I agree - I have been with my wife for 10 years so promiscuity is not something I want.
    But for a spell in my early forties I was - by most people's standards - promiscuous.
    And you have a 2 year old? Well played 😛
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:09
    But your OP says that you, as a father, think promiscuity is "a sound way to live".
    It is an option.

Just as buying an Audi is a sound choice or a VW or a Toyota or ...

My point is that Promiscuity is an option and there is - in my opinion - nothing
    wrong with it. (Given all the caveats that have already been made)
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:12
    What about FMF's and Goad's premise about exploring ones self through promiscuity prior to committing to a relationship?
    I was in a committed, faithful relationship for 10 years until my late thirties.
    Prior to that I lived like a monk. (Well not quite ...)
    I don't think promiscuity is a pre-requisite to faithfulness - at least not for me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:15
    It is an option.

Just as buying an Audi is a sound choice or a VW or a Toyota or ...

My point is that Promiscuity is an option and there is - in my opinion - nothing
    wrong with it. (Given all the caveats that have already been made)
    But promiscuity does carry risks. Emotional, physical and social risks, saying that it is a sound way to live excluding those risks is nonsensical.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:16
    I was in a committed, faithful relationship for 10 years until my late thirties.
    Prior to that I lived like a monk. (Well not quite ...)
    I don't think promiscuity is a pre-requisite to faithfulness - at least not for me.
    Agreed. I don't subscribe to this "get it out of your system" philosophy. In fact I think promiscuity can get it into ones system.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:16
    Hey, wait a minute. To be fair, I wobbled a bit with regard to the possible connotations of the word "promiscuity". 😵
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hey, wait a minute. To be fair, I wobbled a bit with regard to the possible connotations of the word "promiscuity". 😵
    You did cast a differentiation, sorry.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:24
    You did cast a differentiation, sorry.
    Well, I did hedge - but I scarcely broke stride - so perhaps my aplomb threw you a bit.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:29
    But promiscuity does carry risks. Emotional, physical and social risks, saying that it is a sound way to live excluding those risks is nonsensical.
    Being celibate carries those same risks!
    I was promiscuous for about 10 years - enjoyed it.
    Obviously STDs are a major consideration but I think regular sex
    is part of a healthy life-style and if you do not have a regular partner ...
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:37
    Everything includes risk; marriage, for example. No one can be sure that their marriage won't be a wreck and that they won't regret it. All we can do is make sure we thoughtfully and responsibly choose a partner for marriage; the same goes for being promiscuous.

Promiscuity doesn't have to be indiscriminate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree