Proof there is no god:

Proof there is no god:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Jun 17

Originally posted by apathist
I'd like to say most germans were just trying to feed their families and get by.
The point you seem to be missing is what gives you the right to make moral judgments upon Nazi Germany or the God of the Bible if everyone is entitled to their own opinion of morality?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
04 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2beckerIf right and wrong is merely a matter of opinion and no one's opinion is more correct than someone else's it means good and evil is merely a man made illusion.

How do you know that what you think is right and wrong really is right and wrong? Or do you believe nothing really is right or wrong in reality?
I like to feed my children but pretty much I have to kill stuff first.

Moves
04 Jun 17

The opposite. Look, I get it that you need to be told right from wrong. I'm saying grow the fuk up.
Since you get your standard of morality from society, then which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?

Moves
04 Jun 17

I like to feed my children but pretty much I have to kill stuff first.
By stuff you mean other human beings?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
The point you seem to be missing is what gives you the right to make moral judgments upon Nazi Germany or the God of the Bible if everyone is entitled to their own opinion of morality?
Do you realise how stupid this statement is?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Jun 17

Since you get your standard of morality from society, then which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?
It doesn't matter where you get your morality from it can still meet a contrary morality.

The important thing is to be able to justify your morality and reach agreements.

Getting morality from on old book based upon imagined voices in the sky is not the best way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
The important thing is to be able to justify your morality and reach agreements.

And Germany under the Third Reich gave a hardy "amen." IE. "The Final Solution".

Getting morality from on old book based upon imagined voices in the sky is not the best way.

Make up your mind.

It doesn't matter where you get your morality from ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or it does matter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 17
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
We are making a total mess of this jewel of a planet, destroying the oceans, going acidic, killing off coral reefs, in the middle of a mass extinction event, the climate maybe already at a tipping point.

Consider the possibility that God said something like - "Oh, you do not want to depend upon Me? We'll give you a few thousand years to go it without God. See how it works out for you all."

If some god actually created the place, it would be PISSED royal at the way we are absolutely mucking up the whole planet.

Maybe the only attribute you see in God is anger.
God has other attributes as well.
He does the right thing, in the right way, at the right time.

So far this "proof" for atheism has never gotten real traction.
In fact the recognized bad state of things could be argued for the opposite position - God exists.

The problem demands a solution that is actually there.

It would come down with a vengence and ZAP, no more humanity, all our nukes, nukes supply plants down, stripping human influence of the planet, culling CO2 out of the atmosphere so calm greets the waters and Earth starts to recover ready for the NEXT experiment in intelligence. Clearly OUR intelligence as a species is totally lacking.

Do you know what significance God said the rainbow in the cloud after the flood of Noah had ?

Eight people were saved. Eight is a number signifying resurrection - the first day of a new week - eight days.

The rainbow was the sign of a covenant between God and the earth that He would not totally destroy all the earth.

The argument from the existence of evil is an old argument.
While it is a thoughtful one it has never been "proof" of atheism.

The existence of evil can be used as evidence not for God's non-existence, but FOR God's existence.

Right, rationalize it all out by pulling the 'free will' card.

You mean as you are pulling up the "bad evil world" card ?

And if you do not have any freedom of will then you cannot say you wisely "chose" this opinion because it is right. Chemicals and material forces are just fissing making you argue this way. No credit to you then. You didn't choose to adopt a true philosophy of atheism. You're just fissing and bubbling in your deterministic material grey matter.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
04 Jun 17

Life is fun. There are some giant mysteries, but a walk in the park will never get stale. I'm a couple of centuries old, and stilI I want to see what happens next.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
We are making a total mess of this jewel of a planet, destroying the oceans, going acidic, killing off coral reefs, in the middle of a mass extinction event, the climate maybe already at a tipping point.

If some god actually created the place, it would be PISSED royal at the way we are absolutely mucking up the whole planet.

It would come down with a ...[text shortened]... e do you think it would tolerate from such a brass, narcissistic power driven species as humans?
So where's this "proof" of yours, again?

"If some god actually created the place, it would be PISSED royal at the way we are absolutely mucking up the whole planet."
But he knows the situation, how it got there, and what comes next and the final outcome. I'd say not actually "pissed" as much as "exasperated". We've done this to ourselves. The point you're missing is that he still loves us and wants us to finally "get it" and to "get with the program" instead of bitching endlessly while doing nothing.

Moves
06 Jun 17

It doesn't matter where you get your morality from it can still meet a contrary morality.

What then is the best way of getting morality?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Jun 17

What then is the best way of getting morality?
Applying the Golden Rule.
Combined with education and experience.
Thinking - rather than letting somebody else do it for you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 17

You do know where the "Golden Rule" comes from, don't you?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jun 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
You do know where the "Golden Rule" comes from, don't you?
the Vedas?

Moves
07 Jun 17
2 edits

If the golden rule is not a moral absolute, and because morality as you see it is subjective, why can't an atheist alter their moral behavior depending on the circumstances and fulfil whatever desires suit them at the time?