1. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 19:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I would ask you in any kingdom of man if I were to
    attack a ruler of any kingdom would the punishment for such an act be
    greater than if were to attack the least in that kingdom?
    I am still concerned that you do not understand the question. I do not really want to know whether God requires punishment for wrongs done as that is already more or less established or taken on assumption for the sake of the discussion.
    What I want to know is why he requires such punishment and whether the punishment serves any known purpose or whether you merely take it on faith that there is a purpose or whether you simply don't know whether there is a purpose.
    Drawing analogies to human kingdoms simply doesn't help because with human kingdoms the reasons for punishment is well known and those reasons cannot be applied to the punishment we are talking about.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 20:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am still concerned that you do not understand the question. I do not really want to know whether God requires punishment for wrongs done as that is already more or less established or taken on assumption for the sake of the discussion.
    What I want to know is why he requires such punishment and whether the punishment serves any known purpose or whether ...[text shortened]... ment is well known and those reasons cannot be applied to the punishment we are talking about.
    It's easy for any kingdom the people have to follow the laws or receive the punishment even if it's being thrown out of it, it's as simple as that.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 14:01
    What I want to know is why he requires such punishment and whether the punishment serves any known purpose or whether ...[text shortened]... ment is well known and those reasons cannot be applied to the punishment we are talking about.
    I believe all actions will recieve what they deserve, good deeds and
    bad, the trouble is that God is setting up an eternal Kingdom and
    those found not fit will be rejected for the wrongs that they have done,
    and there will be no do overs once judgment is rendered.
    Kelly
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 19:01
    Originally posted by daniel58
    It's easy for any kingdom the people have to follow the laws or receive the punishment even if it's being thrown out of it, it's as simple as that.
    No, its not so easy. There is no such general rule as 'the people have to follow the laws or receive the punishment', and whenever there is a rule about punishment there is a purpose behind that punishment that is more than just 'thats the way it is'. I am merely inquiring whether you know what that reason is, and it appears that in your case you do not know that reason either for Gods punishment or for mans punishment. You simply believe that 'thats the way it is'.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 19:04
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe all actions will recieve what they deserve, good deeds and
    bad, the trouble is that God is setting up an eternal Kingdom and
    those found not fit will be rejected for the wrongs that they have done,
    and there will be no do overs once judgment is rendered.
    Kelly
    I know that you believe that. You have said it a number of times now. All I was asking is whether you know why that is the case. Clearly you don't, but don't seem to want to explicitly say so. You also appear to think that it is self evident that it should be so.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 19:41
    No, its not so easy. There is no such general rule as 'the people have to follow the laws or receive the punishment', and whenever there is a rule about punishment there is a purpose behind that punishment that is more than just 'thats the way it is'. I am merely inquiring whether you know what that reason is, and it appears that in your case you do not k ...[text shortened]... for Gods punishment or for mans punishment. You simply believe that 'thats the way it is'.
    Justice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree