1. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 07:432 edits
    Originally posted by daniel58
    They don't have a weak fountain because Jesus IS THE FOUNTAIN, you haven't died yet you don't know.

True, and I am not an exception here, I hope.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 05:03
    Thats why we have terms like 'the mystery of death' and notions like 'faith' .
    I'm sure the dead are not permitted to talk about afterlife to mortals.
    Sometimes they reveal themselves,(as 'departed spirits'😉, but they never reveal what happens when you die.
    And thank God for that! Perhaps we will solve the 'mysery of life' if we are not put off by ghosts from the afterlife.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 05:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you died, and found out that what takes place after death is exactly as described in the Bible, would you be disappointed?
    I'll be cactus!
    The first one in hell for sure,no chance for me
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 05:06
    Originally posted by daniel58
    They don't have a weak fountain because Jesus IS THE FOUNTAIN, you haven't died yet you don't know.
    Lol!
    Didn't he say 'FOUNDATION'?
    What a sweet guy, he answered you anyway.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 12:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'll be cactus!
    The first one in hell for sure,no chance for me
    How do you know?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 12:351 edit
    How do you know?
    Because of the christian requirements for getting into heaven.
    I'm pretty shaky on those points and I'm sure there are people who are more worthy!

The point here is that I dont consider myself evil or of having bad intentions or not wanting to know God or not thinking Jesus was cool.
    My problem is that I'm a stubborn sob when it comes to accepting Jesus as my 'saviour' .
    I dont know about the whole 'saving' thing anyway but if I had to be saved I would do it myself, Jesus hasn't indicated to me otherwise...yet.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 12:49
    Because of the christian requirements for getting into heaven.
    I'm pretty shaky on those points and I'm sure there are people who are more worthy!

The point here is that I dont consider myself evil or of having bad intentions or not wanting to know God or not thinking Jesus was cool.
    My problem is that I'm a stubborn sob when it comes to accepting ...[text shortened]... if I had to be saved I would do it myself, Jesus hasn't indicated to me otherwise...yet.
    "Because of the christian requirements for getting into heaven."

And just what do you believe are the requirements for getting into heaven?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:20
    Where is the phrase "going to heaven" or "getting into heaven" in the Bible?

I read some verses about the kingdom of God or the kingdom of the heavens. Does everyone assume that this is synonemous with Heaven?

If so, why does Jesus advize the disciples to pray "You kingdom COME" rather than "We GO to your kingdom" ?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:26
    [b]"Because of the christian requirements for getting into heaven."

And just what do you believe are the requirements for getting into heaven?[/b]
    Don't you have to acknowledge Jesus as your saviour and generally a better a person than yourself?
    (Jesus is cool but I'm not bowing to no-one I don't want to bow to. I dont bow to threats)
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:32
    Don't you have to acknowledge Jesus as your saviour and generally a better a person than yourself?
    (Jesus is cool but I'm not bowing to no-one I don't want to bow to. I dont bow to threats)
    Threat?

Jesus is no threat.

Do you want to have eternal life? Or do you want to die?

It's not a threat. It's reality.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:39
    Threat?

Jesus is no threat.

Do you want to have eternal life? Or do you want to die?

It's not a threat. It's reality.
    I dont think Jesus per se is a threat.
    Its just the insane amount of 'followers' that say "believs in Jesus or you will go to hell". Now thats a threat. Submit (to something I dont know) or go to Hell.

Now dont be so daft. I'm sick of putting up the same arguements against christians. Why cant we all just get along without theThreat of hell?
    Why do you care where my soul goes? Or do you just pretend to care? (remember 'caring' in my book is open-minded if it is to be effective!)
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:51
    Originally posted by buckky
    If you died, and found out that what takes place after death is radically different than what the Christian doctrine painted it to be, would you be dissapointed ? What if survival after death had nothing to do with Jesus, would that be a dissapointment ? What if you realized survival after death is inherent, and had nothing to do with religious dogma, would ...[text shortened]... ow it happened to me and it was like like being kicked out of the womb into an uncertain world.
    Not as much as it will bother others to find out Jesus Christ was and
    is the only answer and salvation for man.
    Kelly
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:54
    I dont think Jesus per se is a threat.
    Its just the insane amount of 'followers' that say "believs in Jesus or you will go to hell". Now thats a threat. Submit (to something I dont know) or go to Hell.

Now dont be so daft. I'm sick of putting up the same arguements against christians. Why cant we all just get along without theThreat of hell?
    Why ...[text shortened]... pretend to care? (remember 'caring' in my book is open-minded if it is to be effective!)
    I assure you I'm quite sincere.

I didn't bring up hell. I don't use hell as a reason for one to turn to Jesus. Hell is a threat, but why use it? There are plenty of other ways to show the benefits of faith.

Jesus is all about the goodness of God. When one gets to know the real Jesus, everything changes.

For example:

From Colossians

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Now if one considers the life of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels, one can only conclude that knowing Him is a good thing.

Knowing Jesus is a positive experience.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:12
    I assure you I'm quite sincere.

I didn't bring up hell. I don't use hell as a reason for one to turn to Jesus. Hell is a threat, but why use it? There are plenty of other ways to show the benefits of faith.

Jesus is all about the goodness of God. When one gets to know the real Jesus, everything changes.

For example:

From Colossians

Who is t ...[text shortened]... an only conclude that knowing Him is a good thing.

Knowing Jesus is a positive experience.
    Right ,Amen! Thank you brother.
    Like I said ,I've got nothing against Jesus. In fact, I think he is a great example and a great leader for a great many people.
    The only thing is that so many christians seem to have an 'one-size-fits all' policy.
    Everything is great about christianity except its exclusiveness.

Is there no other way to learn about the 'goodness of God'? Is God limited to Jesus' teachings?

Human values and spirituality are not limited to christian teachings. These values appear in so many different forms and cultures. Hence the term HUMAN values.
    In all my posts and real-life conversations I've never spoken against Jesus or said his way is crap.
    My only point is, once again (please answer this),,is: Why is christianity the only way? How can christians be so sure? I dont know much about mainstream Islam but it seems they also have a 'join us or go to hell' attitude .

It just puts me off.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:31
    Right ,Amen! Thank you brother.
    Like I said ,I've got nothing against Jesus. In fact, I think he is a great example and a great leader for a great many people.
    The only thing is that so many christians seem to have an 'one-size-fits all' policy.
    Everything is great about christianity except its exclusiveness.

Is there no other way to learn abou ...[text shortened]... ut it seems they also have a 'join us or go to hell' attitude .

It just puts me off.
    "Why is Christianity the only way?"

Precisely the right question. The problem is the answer.

I'll give you the only simple answer I can think of that gets right at the heart of it.

It has to do with WHO Jesus is.

Who is Jesus? Is or was He just an ordinary man? Yes and no.

I have to go now. It may be a couple of weeks before I get back. I'll look for your reply then. Take care.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree