1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 10:012 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's not the issue is it, and there is no record of it.

After Jesus commanded his disciples who lived with him for 3 years to baptise in the singular NAME (not multiple names or titles) of the Father AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Spirit; they immediately and exclusively all baptised in the Name of Jesus.

I'm just curious how you would explain this important precedent and why the JW's don't follow it?
    in the singular name? please we are still waiting for you to tell us how the reference at
    Hosea related to Jesus Christ, or have you forgotten that as well? So my fathers
    name is Alexander and my name , the son, is Robbie and that's a singular name, have
    you any realisation how thoroughly illogical your pretensions are?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 10:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Gods Kingdom ring any bells Joseph? you know,

(Luke 9:2) . . .And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God . . .
    Wrong! You'll have to do better than that.

I don't think you know what the Gospel is. It's your thread. Don't tell me to tell you what the Gospel is.

Exactly what is the Gospel?

I'll try to get back in a few days to see what you've said.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 10:26
    in the singular name? please we are still waiting for you to tell us how the reference at
    Hosea related to Jesus Christ, or have you forgotten that as well? So my fathers
    name is Alexander and my name , the son, is Robbie and that's a singular name, have
    you any realisation how thoroughly illogical your pretensions are?
    Yes singular. Stop pretending you don't understand, it's makes you look dishonest.

After Jesus commanded his disciples who lived with him for 3 years to baptise in the NAME (singular) of the Father AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Spirit; they immediately and exclusively all baptised in the Name of Jesus.

I'm just curious how you would explain this important precedent and why the JW's don't follow it?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 13:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    Wrong! You'll have to do better than that.

I don't think you know what the Gospel is. It's your thread. Don't tell me to tell you what the Gospel is.

Exactly what is the Gospel?

I'll try to get back in a few days to see what you've said.
    wrong????, sooo lets get this straight, you are contradicting the Christ, stand away from me, i dont want zapped as well!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 13:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes singular. Stop pretending you don't understand, it's makes you look dishonest.

After Jesus commanded his disciples who lived with him for 3 years to baptise in the [b]NAME (singular) of the Father AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Spirit
    ; they immediately and exclusively all baptised in the Name of Jesus.

I'm just curious how you would explain this important precedent and why the JW's don't follow it?[/b]
    yes in the name of Jehovah, in the name of Jesus, no problems.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:37
    perhaps a reminder,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations,
    [b]baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
    and of the holy spirit,
    teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with
    you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

Christ's words i believe, dont you?[/b]
    You know, this never occurred to me until just now, but why don't you tell us precisely WHOM He was talking to when he said this?

I will assume you do know He was speaking to His disciples.

What exactly makes you think this is a command to ALL Christians when He said this?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know, this never occurred to me until just now, but why don't you tell us precisely WHOM He was talking to when he said this?

I will assume you do know He was speaking to His disciples.

What exactly makes you think this is a command to ALL Christians when He said this?
    What exactly makes you think this is a command to SOME Christians when He said this?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:48
    What exactly makes you think this is a command to SOME Christians when He said this?
    I think it is what it is: a command to His disciples.

Are YOU qualified to baptize people?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:50
    I think it is what it is: a command to His disciples.

Are YOU qualified to baptize people?
    nope, not that I am aware of, why? but then again i cant think of a reason why i might
    be disqualified. what qualifications do you need?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:55
    nope, not that I am aware of, why? but then again i cant think of a reason why i might
    be disqualified. what qualifications do you need?
    So are you really telling me He commanded ALL Christians to go out and baptize people? Really? Can't you see what kind of chaos that would cause? Would YOU trust something as important as your baptism to a layman? What meaning would the baptism have if he didn't know what he was doing, or the meaning behind it?

There's a reason why only church officials baptize people today.

And that's exactly whom He was talking to. Church officials. Disciples.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:56
    then start your own thread and dont get wide! As for Bible understanding, how anyone
    can read it and not get the sense nor the importance of the Christian ministry really is
    a reflection of how little you understand it, despite your pretensions.
    How you could read my posts and come away with the idea that I do not
    get the sense nor the importance of the Christian ministry really is a
    reflection of how little you understand what I write as well as the Holy Bible.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 15:021 edit
    So are you really telling me He commanded ALL Christians to go out and baptize people? Really? Can't you see what kind of chaos that would cause? Would YOU trust something as important as your baptism to a layman? What meaning would the baptism have if he didn't know what he was doing, or the meaning behind it?

There's a reason why only church offici ...[text shortened]... e people today.

And that's exactly whom He was talking to. Church officials. Disciples.
    sorry suzzianne your whole argument breaks down by the mere fact that there was no
    clergy laity distinction in the first century, all were considered as worthy of the Good
    News, indeed when Christ sent out seventy, what positions did those persons hold?
    clearly they were not apostles, therefore what position did they hold? Paul states to
    the Hebrews that all should be teachers, Christ himself states that its Gods will that
    people take in knowledge, Christ himself states that the Harvest is great, do you
    belong to a farming community, let me tell you no one sleeps in harvest time.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How you could read my posts and come away with the idea that I do not
    get the sense nor the importance of the Christian ministry really is a
    reflection of how little you understand what I write as well as the Holy Bible.
    yeah just important enough not to do anything about it.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 15:16
    sorry suzzianne your whole argument breaks down by the mere fact that there was no
    clergy laity distinction in the first century, all were considered as worthy of the Good
    News, indeed when Christ sent out seventy, what positions did those persons hold?
    clearly they were not apostles, therefore what position did they hold? Paul states to
    th ...[text shortened]... is great, do you
    belong to a farming community, let me tell you no one sleeps in harvest time.
    This is contrary to some teachings that are explained here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Marks_of_the_Church

This would indicate that Christ did establish the apostles as the church clergy. I imagine that the Bible verse under question was central to the development of the Nicene Creed. So those who say the Nicene Creed came later, have this as the reply. In fact, it can be said by believers in the 4 marks or attributes, that the heresy the Nicene Creed was developed to refute, lives today.

Most people think that Christian clergy is a calling by Christ, a vocation.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    This is contrary to some teachings that are explained here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Marks_of_the_Church

This would indicate that Christ did establish the apostles as the church clergy. I imagine that the Bible verse under question was central to the development of the Nicene Creed. So those who say the Nicene Creed came later, have this as the ...[text shortened]... ute, lives today.

Most people think that Christian clergy is a calling by Christ, a vocation.
    not so, its contradicted by the mere fact that Paul himself was considered an apostle, an
    apostle to the nations, yet he was not among the twelve.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree