1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 09:311 edit
    why dont you teach and preach in obedience to Christ's command at Matthew 28:19,20
    and in view of Pauls example at Acts 20:20? dont you believe the Christ's words?

(Luke 11:23) . . .He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:07
    Deuteronomy 4:2 (King James Version)

2Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6 (King James Version)

6Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18 (King James Version)

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:09
    No nominal Christians willing to share their point of view? Its not that when you are
    speaking against me and the G-man, words never fail you there, do they? Your
    opinions are heaped one upon the other in a huge edifice and all encompassing
    megalith to your prejudices.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:13
    Originally posted by Seitse

2Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:1 ...[text shortened]... n shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    ok, sietse, you must be commended for your bravery, although i am not entirely sure
    how relevant these citations are, you may need to spell it out for me.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No nominal Christians willing to share their point of view? Its not that when you are
    It may have escaped your notice Rob that it's 11:15am on a weekday morning, most people in the UK are at work. The US posters are probably still in bed.

I think you may need to given them more than 40 mins to respond to your post before you start chastising them.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It may have escaped your notice Rob that it's 11:15am on a weekday morning, most people in the UK are at work. The US posters are probably still in bed.

I think you may need to given them more than 40 mins to respond to your post before you start chastising them.
    Lol, Ok, you might be right my friend, but they are sure opinionated with it comes to
    our beliefs.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 10:47
    ok, sietse, you must be commended for your bravery, although i am not entirely sure
    how relevant these citations are, you may need to spell it out for me.
    Oh, nothing in particular, just felt like sharing.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 12:34
    I'm in and out here, but I'm not a nominal Christian.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 12:35
    Originally posted by Seitse

Revelation 22:1 ...[text shortened]... n shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    I believe you may be a prophet.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 13:34
    What in the world is a nominal Christian, being a Christian means you are one
    so you are, or you are not. If you know the Lord or you do not.
    Kelly
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 15:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    anything that is nominal is in name only, for example in accountancy there may be a
    nominal account, the value of which is simply there as a matter of procedure, like
    depreciation, which cannot be realised in any real terms, although its measured in
    monetary value. Was it so difficult for you to look up the definition of nominal?

Of, resembling, relating to, or consisting of a name or names
    Assigned to or bearing a person's name: nominal shares.
    Existing in name only.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nominal
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 15:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm in and out here, but I'm not a nominal Christian.
    I say anyone who does not actively share in teaching and preaching others after the
    manner of the Christ through a public ministry is a nominal Christian, that would
    include you.
  13. St. Peter's
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    many people will respond on questionaires that they are Christian, yet they have never set foot in a church with the exception of weddings and their own baptism. That is a nominal Christian. I do not see any of the participants in the spirituality forum here as nominal, they all seem actively engaged in their faith.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 15:09
    Originally posted by Doward
    many people will respond on questionaires that they are Christian, yet they have never set foot in a church with the exception of weddings and their own baptism. That is a nominal Christian. I do not see any of the participants in the spirituality forum here as nominal, they all seem actively engaged in their faith.
    then perhaps you can answer the original question, that is with reference to a public
    ministry after the example of the first century Christians, acts 20:20, after the
    admonition of the Christ, Matthew 28:19,20 and Luke 11:23.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 15:13
    I say anyone who does not actively share in teaching and preaching others after the
    manner of the Christ through a public ministry is a nominal Christian, that would
    include you.
    You say. Your ministry is public, is it?

Not rising to your bait, sorry.

I'd much rather hear you explain exactly why you do not believe in Grace, and how your unbelief qualifies you as a Christian.

Go ahead, we're waiting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree