Question for nominal Christians

Question for nominal Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
This should be explored. According to the Bible, is public ministry obligatory; laudable but not obligatory; permissible but not laudable; or (merely to be complete) other than these?
yes indeed, let us see what excuses our friends come up with, after all, who sleeps
during a Harvest?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the point was raised by Kelly, when i asked what was Gods will. He stated that it
was to show love to others, however, i say that atheists do exactly the same thing,
do they not also love their fellow man and their families, yes indeed. It can be
asertained from scripture that Gods will is this,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .he is patient with you b ...[text shortened]... en:
“How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!

please explain.
This is why many Christian church send missionaries throughout the
world to tell the Good news to others and baptize in the authority
of the triune God (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit).
They take donations of money from church member so they can
send those who volunteer to go. Paul is requesting the same thing
here. Do Jehovah's Witnesses collect money so they can send
missionaries out to all the world as Jesus requested? Then do
they baptize those they teach in the authority of the Triune God?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You do not even believe in the trinity.
How many Gods do you have?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
This is why many Christian church send missionaries throughout the
world to tell the Good news to others and baptize in the authority
of the triune God (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit).
They take donations of money from church member so they can
send those who volunteer to go. Paul is requesting the same thing
here. Do Jehovah's Witnesses co ...[text shortened]... as Jesus requested? Then do
they baptize those they teach in the authority of the Triune God?
what a pure lamebo excuse if ever there was one, here you go and do they work, ill
sponsor you and buy my way to heaven! This admonition of Christ is incumbent upon all Christians,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the
nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy
spirit,  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And
look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Indeed how will you excuse yourself from this? I have to buy a field? My son is
getting married? No excuses!

What is more the Apostle Paul himself states,

(Hebrews 5:12) . . .For, indeed, although you ought to be teachers in view of
the time, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary
things of the sacred pronouncements of God;. . .

Indeed I find it utterly incredulous that anyone can read the Gospel and fail to get
the import of the need to teach others. Is Christ the Master of the Harvest or not?
If so, why are you sleeping during the Harvest, or will you pay someone else to go
into the field for you, begging off on some pretence?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
How many Gods do you have?
please start your own thread, this is for the discussion of the need to teach others and
how it is incumbent upon Christians to do so.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

please start your own thread, this is for the discussion of the need to teach others and
how it is incumbent upon Christians to do so.
Being as the answer is obviously 'yes it is important'; Myself and looking through the thread most others here, seem to think it is more about you expounding on your self-righteousness and telling everyone else what lukewarm "nominal" Christians we all are. I could be wrong though.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11
2 edits

Being as the answer is obviously 'yes it is important'; Myself and looking through the thread most others here, seem to think it is more about you expounding on your self-righteousness and telling everyone else what lukewarm "nominal" Christians we all are. I could be wrong though.
yes indeed, for while this was my stance initially i have been readjusted by Suzzianne
and I have now realised that I was wrong, in fact, its now quite apparent that it is
between a person and the Christ himself who will determine what a Christian really is,
although i still think that the statement, a Christian is one who adopts the teachings of
the Christ is not without merit. As for my self righteousness, i have only responded
with personal testimony when I have been specifically asked.

Now that you have stated that its important how will you logistically emphasise its
importance, for the Christ himself states that we should teach persons, which is
something quite different from merely preaching. Btw i have petitioned my God for
a result on Saturday, Chelsea will be vanquished for sure. 😉

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

yes indeed, for while this was my stance initially i have been readjusted by Suzzianne
and I have now realised that I was wrong, in fact, its now quite apparent that it is
between a person and the Christ himself who will determine what a Christian really is,
although i still think that the statement, a Christian is one who adopts the teachings ...[text shortened]... Btw i have petitioned my God for
a result on Saturday, Chelsea will be vanquished for sure. 😉
As I said to you previously I'm not prepared to indulge in comparisons of self-righteousness. I don't believe that there is anything I can do to gain my own righteousness.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

As I said to you previously I'm not prepared to indulge in comparisons of self-righteousness. I don't believe that there is anything I can do to gain my own righteousness.
that is fine, never the less if one states that one thinks its obviously important to help
others come to a knowledge of God and the Christ then logistically it should be
demonstrable how this is accomplished, regardless of any references to ones, or
others righteous standing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

that is fine, never the less if one states that one thinks its obviously important to help
others come to a knowledge of God and the Christ then logistically it should be
demonstrable how this is accomplished, regardless of any references to ones, or
others righteous standing.
Why should it be "demonstrable", to whom, and for what reason?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

Why should it be "demonstrable", to whom, and for what reason?
well if something is important, as important as teaching others about Gods word then
surely it must be demonstrated, otherwise how can we make any claim that its
important and not demonstrate the validity of our statement through some action?
Indeed, if i think its important to drive safely, will i not demonstrate this by observing
the speed limit?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

well if something is important, as important as teaching others about Gods word then
surely it must be demonstrated, otherwise how can we make any claim that its
important and not demonstrate the validity of our statement through some action?
Indeed, if i think its important to drive safely, will i not demonstrate this by observing
the speed limit?
So by 'demonstrable' you mean actioned as in something should be done? Or do you mean demonstrated as in done for a third party observer's benefit?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

So by 'demonstrable' you mean actioned as in something should be done? Or do you mean demonstrated as in done for a third party observer's benefit?
Yes something that involves action, regardless of whether its done for a third party
observer, for through the action, we demonstrate the importance of the gesture we are
acting upon, in this case, teaching others.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

Yes something that involves action, regardless of whether its done for a third party
observer, for through the action, we demonstrate the importance of the gesture we are
I see.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Apr 11

Teaching others is one thing.

Coming to a website forum and advertising the fact smacks of hypocrisy.

As I posted in another thread here:

"Actually, no. It's between Him and me, actually, and not exactly food for this forum.

Did not the Christ also say:

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." -- Matthew 6:1-4"

You assume much when you assume that no one here has this much-ballyhooed (by you) "public ministry".

Most likely the rest of us simply do not want to "sound the trumpet" before us.