1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 21:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Mathew 11:30

🙂
    For sure Christ law of love and charity is light compared to the Law of Moses. But if you want to be in Christ and enjoy the light burden you cannot :

.. be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, Eph 4:14
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 21:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    For sure Christ law of love and charity is light compared to the Law of Moses. But if you want to be in Christ and enjoy the light burden you cannot :

.. be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, Eph 4:14
    Agreed. But we were talking about "harsh is good".
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 21:381 edit
    Agreed. But we were talking about "harsh is good".
    Harsh is good when people wilfully do stupid things. The Pharisees could not possbily think that they were doing something good by the way they applied the Law of Moses, and look at what Christ said to them.

Similarly no Christian in their right mind can think that its ok to allow church leaders to dictate the doctrine that they have to believe. Cant they not read the Bible. The vast majority are happy to be led by the nose down the path of false doctrines that make them 'feel good inside'. Imagine what Christ will say to them.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 21:531 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Harsh is good when people wilfully do stupid things. The Pharisees could not possbily think that they were doing something good by the way they applied the Law of Moses, and look at what Christ said to them.

Similarly no Christian in their right mind can think that its ok to allow church leaders to dictate the doctrine that they have to believe. Cant the ...[text shortened]... ath of false doctrines that make them 'feel good inside'. Imagine what Christ will say to them.
    I [tend] agree with you on this except "vast majority". Sometimes you sound a little like you are in a cult of one.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 22:02
    I [tend] agree with you on this except "vast majority". Sometimes you sound a little like you are in a cult of one.
    I'd think the more Christians examine the ins and outs of their faith, the more each of them becomes a cult of one. Why is this necessarily a problem for other Christians, if each is supposed to develop a personal relationship with Christ? Maybe they could eave each other alone, and work on their own faith.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 22:42
    Who is my leader? If Im in a cult with Christ as the leader then that is good. I have no doctrine of men neither do I place any men/founders/leaders/gurus etc up on a pedestal.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 22:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I guess it's easier to disrespect those who can't actually punch you in the face when you disrespect them, huh?
    Can you suggest three of my posts from the last month or so that you genuinely believe would have deserved to be met with physical violence in 'real life'?
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 10:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    If, as you say, "empathy" doesn't "stave off evil" or lessen your "need for protection and prisons", do you think the threat of "Hell", as the supposed "consequence of being evil", can or does or ever has?
    just giving you a chance to prove yourself. 🙂
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    just giving you a chance to prove yourself. 🙂
    Feel free to look upon this forum as an arena in which to "prove yourself" by all means. I am perhaps a little more comfortable with myself than you are. To my way of thinking, there is nothing to "prove" here. It's just a chance to engage people with whom one differs. If I buy a newspaper, I prefer to seek out one that has leader columns I might disagree with. If I am in a hotel and watch the TV news, I tend to pick a channel whose talking heads espouse stuff that I might tend to disagree with. When I buy a newspaper or watch the news, I am not trying to "prove myself" either. 🙂
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 12:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you suggest three of my posts from the last month or so that you genuinely believe would have deserved to be met with physical violence in 'real life'?
    Since when have threats of physcal violence implied or overt, been acceptable here?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 15:30
    Since when have threats of physcal violence implied or overt, been acceptable here?
    Relax, it's not even a threat of physical violence. Welcome to another episode of FMF twisting the facts and focusing on minutia and ignoring the point. Oh, but wait, you're a fan of his, aren't you? Carry on then, by all means.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 00:07
    Relax, it's not even a threat of physical violence. Welcome to another episode of FMF twisting the facts and focusing on minutia and ignoring the point. Oh, but wait, you're a fan of his, aren't you? Carry on then, by all means.
    I'll ask once more because you sidestepped it; you mentioned something about me getting punched in the face for my "disrespect". Can you suggest ~ let's say ~ three of my posts from the last month or so that you genuinely believe would have deserved to be met with physical violence in 'real life'?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 09:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll ask once more because you sidestepped it; you mentioned something about me getting punched in the face for my "disrespect". Can you suggest ~ let's say ~ three of my posts from the last month or so that you genuinely believe would have deserved to be met with physical violence in 'real life'?
    Sidestepping? I need to brush up on my behavior then. I was trying to ignore you.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 09:26
    Sidestepping? I need to brush up on my behavior then. I was trying to ignore you.
    Yes, sidestepping it. What you said was "I guess it's easier to disrespect those who can't actually punch you in the face when you disrespect them, huh?" Which posts of mine do you reckon would deserve a punch in the face?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree