Question for the Geester

Question for the Geester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Ok as long as you state that you made it up and it is not Biblical then I have no issues.
Phew, that's a load off.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What's correct.

That unbelievers will burn in eternal hell for being angry at their brother?
Bump for FMJ

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 16

Matthew 25:46?

2 Thessalonians 1:9?

Matthew 13:50?

Mark 9:43?

Matthew 25:41?

Just to name a few others.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/
If you had read these passages you would see that nothing in them speaks of eternal / everlasting torture.

There is everlasting fire.
There is wailing and gnashing of teeth.
There is everlasting destruction and everlasting punishment

The word destruction means that the person ceases to exist. If the person feels pain and is tortured then that is not destruction.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe this means that the "damned" are tortured in flames for eternity?
I refer you back to the views I expressed in posts addressed to you earlier.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
If you had read these passages you would see that nothing in them speaks of eternal / everlasting torture.

There is everlasting fire.
There is wailing and gnashing of teeth.
There is everlasting destruction and everlasting punishment

The word destruction means that the person ceases to exist. If the person feels pain and is tortured then that is not destruction.
If the person ceases to exist it is not everlasting punishment now is it?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16
1 edit

I refer you back to the views I expressed in posts addressed to you earlier.
But you have been studiously avoiding answering the question - "Do you believe this means that the "damned" are tortured in flames for eternity?" - throughout this thread. You haven't expressed a view as whether the words from the Bible you quoted refer to people being tortured in flames for eternity. That's why I am asking you again ~ specifically because you have dodged the point blank question.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

Would you describe yourself as an annihilationist?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16

What's correct.

That unbelievers will burn in eternal hell for being angry at their brother?
Another bump for Fetchmyjunk

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16
1 edit

When you die you will be everlastingly dead. An everlasting punishment does not require the person to be alive.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 16

When you die you will be everlastingly dead. An everlasting punishment does not require the person to be alive.
Correct .. Neither does everlasting punishment require everlasting torture.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 16

Yes it is. Punishment is a state of paying for ones sins. The wages of sin is death. Those who are found worthy of death are destroyed without the hope of resurrection. Hence the term everlasting punishment. Everlasting torture is not taught in the bible. Pain and suffering is part of it Yes but that pain and suffering is not eternal.

Moves
16 Oct 16

For example, despite Fetchmyjunk dying a death 7 pages ago, the fellow seems intent on everlasting punishment in this forum.

Like a dead horse saying "flog me! flog me!"

ENGLAND

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
For example, despite Fetchmyjunk dying a death 7 pages ago, the fellow seems intent on everlasting punishment in this forum.

Like a dead horse saying "flog me! flog me!"
Fetchmyjunk actually died the death you speak of several threads ago, but your point is well made.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
But you have been studiously avoiding answering the question - "Do you believe this means that the "damned" are tortured in flames for eternity?" - throughout this thread. You haven't expressed a view as whether the words from the Bible you quoted refer to people being tortured in flames for eternity. That's why I am asking you again ~ specifically because you have dodged the point blank question.
I only believe what the Bible says. I think it does say that but I may be wrong, I am open to other interpretations that make sense.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Another bump for Fetchmyjunk
If my interpretation of the Bible is correct, then yes. Feel free to share a different interpretation if you have one.